Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: New build cannot start


26 Oct 2011   #1

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate: x64 (SP1)
 
 
New build cannot start

Hey guys.

I just bought my whole new build. Including motherboard, ram, cpu.
You can check the specs in my spec list.

This is the first time I builded a pc, so anything is possible.

Everytime I try to boot the new pc, the fans just starts and go off. Like the whole computer turns on then off, happens in like 1 sec.

The motherboard is P8 Z68-V Pro. If you think I mounted something wrong, tell me the possibilities what could have gone wrong.

Please reply as fast as you can as it's so fustrating.

Frede.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Oct 2011   #2

Windows 7 home premium x64
 
 

Remove and reseat the cpu, the symptoms are common and check the board for earth leaks. Remove the board from any casing, place on an insulated surface and having reseated all the critical components (cpu, ram, graphics card) try to boot.
Remember to enter the BIOS setup utility at the first attempt to check settings and timings etc; then restart and keep everything crossed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Oct 2011   #3

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate: x64 (SP1)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cyclic View Post
Remove and reseat the cpu, the symptoms are common and check the board for earth leaks. Remove the board from any casing, place on an insulated surface and having reseated all the critical components (cpu, ram, graphics card) try to boot.
Remember to enter the BIOS setup utility at the first attempt to check settings and timings etc; then restart and keep everything crossed.
I will check my CPU now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


26 Oct 2011   #4

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate: x64 (SP1)
 
 

No problems at the CPU, I figured out that the main cable to the motherboard wasn't installed properly. Now I could boot the system; BUT it restarted one time or so.

But some guys at Tomshardware says it's a mobo feature. I'll recall if any other issues will appear.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Oct 2011   #5

Windows 7 home premium x64
 
 

Yes a couple of reboots at first shouldn't be too troublesome, I hope it settles for you. Well diagnosed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Oct 2011   #6

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate: x64 (SP1)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cyclic View Post
Yes a couple of reboots at first shouldn't be too troublesome, I hope it settles for you. Well diagnosed.
Repped.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Oct 2011   #7
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 X64 (Windows 10, 8.1, Linux Mint, Windows XP and others in VM)
 
 

Is it still double booting? In bios set everything to optimized defaults and see if it still double boots. If not, change 1 item at a time with tests in between. That way, you will find out what the problem is that causes double booting. My board did the same thing at first. That's what I did and resolved the problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Oct 2011   #8

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate: x64 (SP1)
 
 

Actually it's all back normal now. Installed Windows 7 and it's running.

Thanks for your support!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Oct 2011   #9
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 X64 (Windows 10, 8.1, Linux Mint, Windows XP and others in VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FredeGail View Post
Actually it's all back normal now. Installed Windows 7 and it's running.

Thanks for your support!
Great job. Congratulations. I know you will be happy with the results of your first effort.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Oct 2011   #10

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate: x64 (SP1)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FredeGail View Post
Actually it's all back normal now. Installed Windows 7 and it's running.

Thanks for your support!
Great job. Congratulations. I know you will be happy with the results of your first effort.
Thanks mate
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 New build cannot start




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: New build cannot start
Thread Forum
Freezing/Crashing on Start-Up, New Build BSOD Help and Support
How to build different start up profiles General Discussion
Screen Saver won't start in build 7100 (RC) General Discussion
The Windows 8 Start - Post-RTM Windows 7 Build 6.1.7700 News
Custom start orb on build 7100 Customization
Windows 7 (build 7100) Start Menu Programs Gone? BSOD Help and Support
Gadgets wont start build 7000 x64 General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33