Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Show Us Your Rig [3]

10 Jul 2012   #1421
ZaLiTH

Win 10 x64 Pro x64 / Ubuntu 15.10 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Andreas W View Post
It feels damn nice, but the 2 fans on that card and the 2 fans I have at the side is bringing in way more dust then the old card so I need to find some dust filters now, so I guess it was good and bad, even overclocked it a bit also and its stable at 1000 core clock and 2300 memory at 1.04 running everything on max in heaven
I use DemciFlex filters on my case, they're sleek, you get them in virtually any colour you can imagine, they hardly restrict air flow and they're dead easy to clean. Plus they're very reasonably priced.. You might want to check them out.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
10 Jul 2012   #1422
Andreas W

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ZaLiTH View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Andreas W View Post
It feels damn nice, but the 2 fans on that card and the 2 fans I have at the side is bringing in way more dust then the old card so I need to find some dust filters now, so I guess it was good and bad, even overclocked it a bit also and its stable at 1000 core clock and 2300 memory at 1.04 running everything on max in heaven
I use DemciFlex filters on my case, they're sleek, you get them in virtually any colour you can imagine, they hardly restrict air flow and they're dead easy to clean. Plus they're very reasonably priced.. You might want to check them out.
Checked that site out and damn nice, no screwes or anything and must be really easy to clean also, I will most likely end up ordering for all my intake fans since they look quite nice also
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jul 2012   #1423
ZaLiTH

Win 10 x64 Pro x64 / Ubuntu 15.10 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Andreas W View Post
Checked that site out and damn nice, no screwes or anything and must be really easy to clean also, I will most likely end up ordering for all my intake fans since they look quite nice also
There's quite a bit of info about the filters there, but I must admit that site does seem to be a bit disjointed... The filter 'frames' are a somewhat firm but flexible magnet so that they 'stick' to the case where you choose to put them. They are pretty light magnets, but they stick quite nicely to anything metallic. My front filter is simply slapped onto a mesh fan cover that I made and sprayed with matte-black... I was hesitant about the magnetic side of things, but it stays in place quite nicely.

If you want to use the filter on a non-metallic surface like a perspex side panel for example, you can also get a mounting strip with the filter (just ask if/when you order them) which you fix to the perspex yourself.

Wow.. I'm starting to sound like a salesman now. But hey, what can I say, they're cool filters...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Jul 2012   #1424
Andreas W

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ZaLiTH View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Andreas W View Post
Checked that site out and damn nice, no screwes or anything and must be really easy to clean also, I will most likely end up ordering for all my intake fans since they look quite nice also
There's quite a bit of info about the filters there, but I must admit that site does seem to be a bit disjointed... The filter 'frames' are a somewhat firm but flexible magnet so that they 'stick' to the case where you choose to put them. They are pretty light magnets, but they stick quite nicely to anything metallic. My front filter is simply slapped onto a mesh fan cover that I made and sprayed with matte-black... I was hesitant about the magnetic side of things, but it stays in place quite nicely.

If you want to use the filter on a non-metallic surface like a perspex side panel for example, you can also get a mounting strip with the filter (just ask if/when you order them) which you fix to the perspex yourself.

Wow.. I'm starting to sound like a salesman now. But hey, what can I say, they're cool filters...
My use my 800D without the window, hated that window so the chassi if completely aluminum and I saw the had a box you had to tick in if that was the case, tought I would send them a mail for a price check and such
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jul 2012   #1425
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

I guess in the past year I have built/upgraded several computers, but never got rid of the spare parts. So, I wanted to show you my spare parts bin. Still have a bit of tidying up to do. Specs are listed in my system specs under Other Info.

Show Us Your Rig [3]-xm4.jpg

Show Us Your Rig [3]-asrock-wei.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jul 2012   #1426
linnemeyerhere

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

Steve,
That's a strong performing build and this is from your spare parts bin........sweet ! Wish we lived closer ! lol
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jul 2012   #1427
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

The only thing new is the case. But that almost wipes my spare parts out. But, I think that's a pretty good computer for $130. Well, if you choose to look at it that way, and I do.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jul 2012   #1428
linnemeyerhere

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

No matter how you do the math its a great rig and will more than hold it's own.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jul 2012   #1429
Alsisgevat

64bit Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Steve that is a great "spare" rig, and it has a very coooool cpu cooler! Congrats!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jul 2012   #1430
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Thanks. It just seemed a shame to leave all those parts packed away in boxes. Just thought they should be put together in 1 big box.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Show Us Your Rig [3]




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Show Us Your Rig [8]
Spring is on and is beautifully sunny, flowered trees are green and diffuse their scents...:) My desk is lightened by...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Subfolders does not show in OWA, but show in Outlook.
Hi! Running server 2008 with exchange server. The user is using both OWA webmail and local Outlook. User got multiple inbox's to access, 1 personal and 2 for the company. The personal one got subfolders which shows in OWA, but the problem is the other folders. They are only needed by this 1...
Microsoft Office
HDDs Show in BIOS, But Do Not Show in Disk Management
Hello, A newbie here that just completed a first-time new Win7 PC build. Successful installation of Win7 Pro on WD 600GB 10000 system drive. Went back and installed 4 additional HDD. (2) WD Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM and (2) WD Caviar 7200 500GB HDD from XP system that were used for storage. ...
Hardware & Devices
Show us your Wig
:haha:
Chillout Room
backup files will only show up if i click show hidden files and folder
Hey Guys, I cannot find a soultion to this problem. I was using my desktop like normal then an error came up saying that there was a hdd failure, and that i needed to scan for errors. all my files disappeared and only this error would come up. There would be hundreds of the same msg spamed on my...
Backup and Restore
show hidden folders show file extensions thru registry
I am trying to setup a default user or machine setup for how win7 handles folder view options. I want show hidden folders to be set to on for all users and the hide extensions for know file types to be unchecked or turned off ffor all users (so extensions show) I have located them in the registry...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:56.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App