Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Show Us Your Rig [3]

03 Feb 2012   #441
linnemeyerhere

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

Peaceful it's really clean and I love it.........but the huge CM......yikes! Not my cup of tea, but with the side on I'm hoping you don't even see that and all you see is the great lengths you went to clean, clean and more clean !
Outstanding, excuse me while I go and kick my Thermaltake case !


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
03 Feb 2012   #442
jeepmann4x4

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vierasniper View Post
Can anyone tell me how to position the fans, to help prevent dust gathering? the only 2 fans i have for intake have a filter. im sure there is some kind of scientific way to go about this. the picture below is my current set up. (please excuse the MS paint mock up)

Attachment 196282

I like to have more intakes than exhaust to keep positive air pressure.
Good example here...link.
Keep your case off the floor get a small stand, it will cut the dust by 50%.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Feb 2012   #443
vierasniper

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jeepmann4x4 View Post


I like to have more intakes than exhaust to keep positive air pressure.
Good example here...link.
Keep your case off the floor get a small stand, it will cut the dust by 50%.
Cool link. So all Id have to do is flip both my top 200m, so they could serve as intake? I got the second part covered, a case like mine would Never touch the floor.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Feb 2012   #444
Kipper

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vierasniper View Post
Can anyone tell me how to position the fans, to help prevent dust gathering? the only 2 fans i have for intake have a filter. im sure there is some kind of scientific way to go about this. the picture below is my current set up. (please excuse the MS paint mock up)

Attachment 196282

Positive airflow is the best to keep the dust down. Add up the CFM from you intake fans and just make sure it is higher than the CFM of the exhaust fans.

Still a good idea to open up the case and blow it out with a can of compressed air, not an air compressor though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Feb 2012   #445
peaceful

Win7 Ult x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Alsisgevat View Post
It's so clean...I can't look away....
Well done!!
Thanks Alsisgevat ... btw, how far are you with your WC build ?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
Peaceful it's really clean and I love it.........but the huge CM......yikes! Not my cup of tea, but with the side on I'm hoping you don't even see that and all you see is the great lengths you went to clean, clean and more clean !
Outstanding, excuse me while I go and kick my Thermaltake case !
Hahaha ... thanks, i'm thinking of making full side panel window from fiberglass and use the existing side panel as a molding, but i'm not quite sure whether it could be as clear as acrylic though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Feb 2012   #446
vierasniper

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kipper View Post


Positive airflow is the best to keep the dust down. Add up the CFM from you intake fans and just make sure it is higher than the CFM of the exhaust fans.

Still a good idea to open up the case and blow it out with a can of compressed air, not an air compressor though.
whoa, im screwed? according my math (useless) the CFM of my 2 120 intakes is 94. however the CFM of my exhaust is 379. this is bad? i never really paid attention to CFM this, CFM That. i was under the impression that more fans = Cooler . am i missing something here?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Feb 2012   #447
jeepmann4x4

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vierasniper View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kipper View Post


Positive airflow is the best to keep the dust down. Add up the CFM from you intake fans and just make sure it is higher than the CFM of the exhaust fans.

Still a good idea to open up the case and blow it out with a can of compressed air, not an air compressor though.
whoa, im screwed? according my math (useless) the CFM of my 2 120 intakes is 94. however the CFM of my exhaust is 379. this is bad? i never really paid attention to CFM this, CFM That. i was under the impression that more fans = Cooler . am i missing something here?
More fans are cooler (if setup right) but we are talking dust here, Go with Positive Air Flow and you will stay less dusty. Clean your filters (if you have them). I myself use compressed air about once a month-ish. Keep off the floor. My case has wheels on it that give it a few inch's but I also have it on a 8in stand. Cooler is a by-product of all the above.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Feb 2012   #448
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Soon my case will be Noc'ed up. 3 120mm and 1 140mm should arrive next wed. Got good prices at Directron.com $16 and $23 respectively. Will be interested to see if they are indeed quieter then the Tri-Cools (damn the color! )

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Feb 2012   #449
Alsisgevat

64bit Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Soon my case will be Noc'ed up. 3 120mm and 1 140mm should arrive next wed. Got good prices at Directron.com $16 and $23 respectively. Will be interested to see if they are indeed quieter then the Tri-Cools (damn the color! )

A Guy

Congrats mate! Remember to post some pics.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Feb 2012   #450
vierasniper

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jeepmann4x4 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vierasniper View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kipper View Post


Positive airflow is the best to keep the dust down. Add up the CFM from you intake fans and just make sure it is higher than the CFM of the exhaust fans.

Still a good idea to open up the case and blow it out with a can of compressed air, not an air compressor though.
whoa, im screwed? according my math (useless) the CFM of my 2 120 intakes is 94. however the CFM of my exhaust is 379. this is bad? i never really paid attention to CFM this, CFM That. i was under the impression that more fans = Cooler . am i missing something here?
More fans are cooler (if setup right) but we are talking dust here, Go with Positive Air Flow and you will stay less dusty. Clean your filters (if you have them). I myself use compressed air about once a month-ish. Keep off the floor. My case has wheels on it that give it a few inch's but I also have it on a 8in stand. Cooler is a by-product of all the above.
K, guess ill flip my 2 200m. later tho lol
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Show Us Your Rig [3]




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Show Us Your Rig [8]
Spring is on and is beautifully sunny, flowered trees are green and diffuse their scents...:) My desk is lightened by...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Subfolders does not show in OWA, but show in Outlook.
Hi! Running server 2008 with exchange server. The user is using both OWA webmail and local Outlook. User got multiple inbox's to access, 1 personal and 2 for the company. The personal one got subfolders which shows in OWA, but the problem is the other folders. They are only needed by this 1...
Microsoft Office
HDDs Show in BIOS, But Do Not Show in Disk Management
Hello, A newbie here that just completed a first-time new Win7 PC build. Successful installation of Win7 Pro on WD 600GB 10000 system drive. Went back and installed 4 additional HDD. (2) WD Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM and (2) WD Caviar 7200 500GB HDD from XP system that were used for storage. ...
Hardware & Devices
Show us your Wig
:haha:
Chillout Room
backup files will only show up if i click show hidden files and folder
Hey Guys, I cannot find a soultion to this problem. I was using my desktop like normal then an error came up saying that there was a hdd failure, and that i needed to scan for errors. all my files disappeared and only this error would come up. There would be hundreds of the same msg spamed on my...
Backup and Restore
show hidden folders show file extensions thru registry
I am trying to setup a default user or machine setup for how win7 handles folder view options. I want show hidden folders to be set to on for all users and the hide extensions for know file types to be unchecked or turned off ffor all users (so extensions show) I have located them in the registry...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:55.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App