Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Lets build a powerful gaming pc

17 Mar 2012   #131
Dave76

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by panais View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
It all looks good.

I might go for at least 1600MHz RAM.

Hope you can get it shipped in a reasonable time.
Let us know what you order.
Opinion for these? For gaming mostly.

GPU this? XFX-RADEON-HD-6970-2GB-DDR5

OR this? eVGA GeForce GTX 570 HD 2.5 GB GDDR5

As mentioned it is a coin toss, both are very good and will be excellent choices.
I have nothing against nVidia and use ATI, have had good performance from them so I would recommend ATI by a hair.

The 1600MHz RAM - good choice.
GPU GTX 570 - good choice.
Storage 2x750 WD green, for backup - good choice.

Any other questions?
Something you're not sure about?

Looks great so far, looking forward to see the build pics.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
18 Mar 2012   #132
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

Your choice of case looks good. After reading a few reviews I found plus and minces like all cases. I do think it has the workability a case needs to fashion it like you want it. The side panel fan is a plus. It should help cool the ram and motherboard. The wording of Full Size and Mid Size leaves a lot to be desired.
Corsair 600T
20" High
23.3" Long
10.4" Wide
28 lbs.
------------------
Your choice
21.4" High
23.3" Long
8.4" Wide
29 lbs.
---------------
The extra wide really only make a difference if you choose a very tall cpu cooler.
Your choice of power supplies is also very good. The difference between the TX-850 and the AX-850 in my research is the AX-850 is modular and the price is considerably higher.
If you can hide the extra cables not used on the TX-850 behind the motherboard tray you should be able to come with a neat and clean installation.
Been doing some reading on your choice of motherboards and in the most part it's been good. From my understanding it is ASRocks first big jump into the top end motherboards. Because of this a little research should be done to make sure the little bugs that come with a new product have been taken care of such as bios ect. I was very impressed with the reading I have done on the motherboard. Later on I just might try one.
P.S. Have you selected a cpu cooler? Sorry if I missed it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2012   #133
panais

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
Your choice of case looks good. After reading a few reviews I found plus and minces like all cases. I do think it has the workability a case needs to fashion it like you want it. The side panel fan is a plus. It should help cool the ram and motherboard. The wording of Full Size and Mid Size leaves a lot to be desired.
Corsair 600T
20" High
23.3" Long
10.4" Wide
28 lbs.
------------------
Your choice
21.4" High
23.3" Long
8.4" Wide
29 lbs.
---------------
The extra wide really only make a difference if you choose a very tall cpu cooler.
Your choice of power supplies is also very good. The difference between the TX-850 and the AX-850 in my research is the AX-850 is modular and the price is considerably higher.
If you can hide the extra cables not used on the TX-850 behind the motherboard tray you should be able to come with a neat and clean installation.
Been doing some reading on your choice of motherboards and in the most part it's been good. From my understanding it is ASRocks first big jump into the top end motherboards. Because of this a little research should be done to make sure the little bugs that come with a new product have been taken care of such as bios ect. I was very impressed with the reading I have done on the motherboard. Later on I just might try one.
P.S. Have you selected a cpu cooler? Sorry if I missed it.
I'll stick with the stock cpu cooler.

I hope this is not a bad idea.

Do you have anything in mind?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Mar 2012   #134
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

If you plan on overclocking, I would go with an aftermarket cooler. Earlier in the thread a Thermaltake was mentioned. The Frio would be a good choice. Just make sure it will fit in the case and clear the ram. If you live in a warm climate, you need a good cooler. Even the 212+ or the Evo would do you well.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2012   #135
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

If you are not going to overclock a stock Intel cooler should work fine. They have always worked for me running stock clock. Intel is not going to ship coolers that don't work properly with their stock cpu. If you are planing to overclock two choices come to mind. H100 if you have the room with your case or a H80 if limited on room in your case. The reason for these choices are all reviews I have read are very good and the instillation is neat and clean. It also keep a large mass off of the motherboard. This allows air flow across your ram and motherboard from your side panel fan and others fans. If I had the room I would have a H100 push/pull at the top of my case. I do have room for a H80 and will get one later if needed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2012   #136
panais

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
If you plan on overclocking, I would go with an aftermarket cooler. Earlier in the thread a Thermaltake was mentioned. The Frio would be a good choice. Just make sure it will fit in the case and clear the ram. If you live in a warm climate, you need a good cooler. Even the 212+ or the Evo would do you well.
Ok i'll search a little and for this,an aftermarket cpu cooler is a good idea.

And also a case fan for airflow out because i cant see any in the case.

CPU COOLER i dont know though if this is one is good for overclocking temperatures.

cpu-coolers/thermaltake-contac-29-bp-processor-fan-socket-754-775-939-1156-am2-am2-1366-am3-1155

Or this (i added this one in friends Intel® Core 2 Quad (Socket LGA775) q6600) and is doing good work,i like this one actually. In stock q6600@2.40 23-25C during gaming.

http://www.singular.com.cy/cooling-p...m-base-80.html
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2012   #137
Maguscreed

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
Regarding the card I'm a ATi proponent and would go with XFX but the EVGA is a crazy great card as well and really at this level it's splitting hairs. Maybe a coin flip ?
I don't really favor either company (ati/nvidia) because I've seen brilliance and stupidity from them both over the years. So it's been far more situational for me which card I've gone with at the time for the last 6 or 7 years now.

All that said I still do agree with XFX for ATI cards and EVGA for nvidia cards.
At least for the moment.
I've had very positive experiences dealing with the xfx customer care, and although they have admittedly gotten slower in responding since I first started using them they still offer a good level of customer care.
Same goes for my experience with EVGA.
Now most the reasons I would support these companies over the others have a lot more to do with how they conduct their business than with any vast superiority the cards may have or any such nonsense.

I just wanted to throw all that in though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2012   #138
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

If you are going to overclock and cool with air.
Noctua NH-D14 review
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2012   #139
panais

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
If you are going to overclock and cool with air.
Noctua NH-D14 review
I added this one in friends Intel® Core 2 Quad (Socket LGA775) q6600 and is doing good work,i like this one actually. In stock q6600@2.40 23-25C during gaming.

http://www.singular.com.cy/cooling-p...m-base-80.html

I found the Noctua-D14,i must wait for 10 days

NOCTUA NH-D14 CPU COOLER -


Well,this is the winner Thermaltake CPU COOLER
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2012   #140
panais

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Between those 2.

This,http://www.singular.com.cy/cooling-p...m-base-80.html

This one also looks very good
ZALMAN CNPS10X EXTREME -

Zalman main website http://www.zalman.com/eng/product/Pr...ad.asp?idx=350

But also a king size

In these tests ZALMAN CNPS10X EXTREME is the winner with lowest temperatures.

CPU Coolers Tests
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Lets build a powerful gaming pc




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
What is the World most Powerful Gaming pc Configaration
Guys,I asked this question just out of curisioty.I want to know that what would be the world most powerful gaming pc.Budget is unlimited cause we no one getting to buy it http://img.tomshardware.com/forum/uk/icones/biggrin.gif http://img.tomshardware.com/forum/uk/icones/biggrin.gif ...
Gaming
First Gaming Rig Build
Hey guys I am building my very first gaming rig. My friends helped me pick the parts based on a budget since I know nothing of this stuff lol. So my question to you guys is. How well well it perform? Chassis: ThermalTake Chaser MK-I CPU: AMD FX-8150 Zambezi 3.6GHz AM3+ Eight-Core GPU: Sapphire...
Chillout Room
[Build Help] ~700$ Gaming Rig - Need Suggestions
Here is a list of parts I already have: PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks Memory: G.Skill 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($29.99 @ Newegg) Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ NCIX US) Hard Drive: ...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Possible budget gaming PC build?
Hi I am trying to build an Intel budget gaming PC for the first time. I have a budget of AUD$1000 and have come up with this so far (price is AUD at my local parts store): CPU - Intel Core i5 760 LGA1156 CPU - $211.00 MOBO - Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 P55 MB - $159.00 RAM - 4Gb DDR3 1333Mhz...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Powerful Gaming Notebook shuts down during gameplay
Usally begins with a flicker or a bit lag, and then within 3 seconds after that the screen goes black, and after the screen goes black the notebook shuts down. Happened with many games already. some help will be greatly appriciated. Im running games on a MIS GX740 notebook with a i5 CPU, and...
Graphic Cards


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App