Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: I've been trying to build a custom PC for a while now, any help?

20 Mar 2013   #11
Executable Beep

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Executable Beep View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

That depends: will you ever have more than one video card? Are you open to having a better video card such as the HD 7970? I mean, it depends on what your final build will come out to be and what your future plans are - especially if they are definite plans.
Nah, this would be pretty much the 'definite' build, id rather do a completely new one than add stuff to it, and no, i wont overclock it in any matter because I really dont know howxD

For now, I want to have 'just enough' to power the PC, maybe a little bit more but thats it, because I have 1500 USD to spend on it and im almost reaching my limits cx
Since you're not going to overclock, you can spend less money by getting the 3770 (the one without the 'K'). Also, you don't need to go with a Z77 platform because Z77 is geared more towards overclocking and they generally just cost more money. An example chipset that you could go with is H77.

Actually, regarding the CPU, you could be fine with the 3570 (the one without the 'K') unless you know you will need the HyperThreading that the 3770 offers.

I see that you're in Mexico. Are there any online stores that you'll be ordering from? If so, then can you link me to them? I want to try picking out some PSUs and maybe a motherboard (I'm not really confident on which motherboards can be recommended and which ones shouldn't be, but I understand the chipsets).
I was actually saying that I didn't want to overclock because I'm kinda afraid of messing something upxD but i'd really love to do it, thats what K processors are for after all, right? It would be a shame to spend over 1k dollars for a non overclocked PC, im just kinda affraid of messing the processor up or whatever...

I actually live in tijuana, like 25 minutes from the US/Mexico Border, and i use normal amazon.com, i just ship them to an uncle's house and pick them up some other day... so US online stores arent a problem n-n


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
20 Mar 2013   #12
TwoCables

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Executable Beep View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Executable Beep View Post

Nah, this would be pretty much the 'definite' build, id rather do a completely new one than add stuff to it, and no, i wont overclock it in any matter because I really dont know howxD

For now, I want to have 'just enough' to power the PC, maybe a little bit more but thats it, because I have 1500 USD to spend on it and im almost reaching my limits cx
Since you're not going to overclock, you can spend less money by getting the 3770 (the one without the 'K'). Also, you don't need to go with a Z77 platform because Z77 is geared more towards overclocking and they generally just cost more money. An example chipset that you could go with is H77.

Actually, regarding the CPU, you could be fine with the 3570 (the one without the 'K') unless you know you will need the HyperThreading that the 3770 offers.

I see that you're in Mexico. Are there any online stores that you'll be ordering from? If so, then can you link me to them? I want to try picking out some PSUs and maybe a motherboard (I'm not really confident on which motherboards can be recommended and which ones shouldn't be, but I understand the chipsets).
I was actually saying that I didn't want to overclock because I'm kinda afraid of messing something upxD but i'd really love to do it, thats what K processors are for after all, right? It would be a shame to spend over 1k dollars for a non overclocked PC, im just kinda affraid of messing the processor up or whatever...
Oh, then you'll want a decent CPU cooler too! Or do you want to wait until you're sure about overclocking? I practically live on a site called Overclock.net, and I would wholeheartedly and sincerely recommend that you check them out when you're ready. They will get you safely overclocked quite easily! After all, that's the main focus over there.


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Executable Beep View Post
I actually live in tijuana, like 25 minutes from the US/Mexico Border, and i use normal amazon.com, i just ship them to an uncle's house and pick them up some other day... so US online stores arent a problem n-n
Wait, so can you use Newegg?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Mar 2013   #13
Executable Beep

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Executable Beep View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

Since you're not going to overclock, you can spend less money by getting the 3770 (the one without the 'K'). Also, you don't need to go with a Z77 platform because Z77 is geared more towards overclocking and they generally just cost more money. An example chipset that you could go with is H77.

Actually, regarding the CPU, you could be fine with the 3570 (the one without the 'K') unless you know you will need the HyperThreading that the 3770 offers.

I see that you're in Mexico. Are there any online stores that you'll be ordering from? If so, then can you link me to them? I want to try picking out some PSUs and maybe a motherboard (I'm not really confident on which motherboards can be recommended and which ones shouldn't be, but I understand the chipsets).
I was actually saying that I didn't want to overclock because I'm kinda afraid of messing something upxD but i'd really love to do it, thats what K processors are for after all, right? It would be a shame to spend over 1k dollars for a non overclocked PC, im just kinda affraid of messing the processor up or whatever...
Oh, then you'll want a decent CPU cooler too! Or do you want to wait until you're sure about overclocking? I practically live on a site called Overclock.net, and I would wholeheartedly and sincerely recommend that you check them out when you're ready. They will get you safely overclocked quite easily! After all, that's the main focus over there.


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Executable Beep View Post
I actually live in tijuana, like 25 minutes from the US/Mexico Border, and i use normal amazon.com, i just ship them to an uncle's house and pick them up some other day... so US online stores arent a problem n-n
Wait, so can you use Newegg?
I am absolutely sure that im going to overclock, i just dont know when, and im willing to pay for the 3770k and the z77 motherboard n-n and i was planning to use a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO or Plus-- but who knows n-n I still have a lot to study, and yes, im going to check that website you told me thanks a lot
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Mar 2013   #14
Executable Beep

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Executable Beep View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

Since you're not going to overclock, you can spend less money by getting the 3770 (the one without the 'K'). Also, you don't need to go with a Z77 platform because Z77 is geared more towards overclocking and they generally just cost more money. An example chipset that you could go with is H77.

Actually, regarding the CPU, you could be fine with the 3570 (the one without the 'K') unless you know you will need the HyperThreading that the 3770 offers.

I see that you're in Mexico. Are there any online stores that you'll be ordering from? If so, then can you link me to them? I want to try picking out some PSUs and maybe a motherboard (I'm not really confident on which motherboards can be recommended and which ones shouldn't be, but I understand the chipsets).
I was actually saying that I didn't want to overclock because I'm kinda afraid of messing something upxD but i'd really love to do it, thats what K processors are for after all, right? It would be a shame to spend over 1k dollars for a non overclocked PC, im just kinda affraid of messing the processor up or whatever...
Oh, then you'll want a decent CPU cooler too! Or do you want to wait until you're sure about overclocking? I practically live on a site called Overclock.net, and I would wholeheartedly and sincerely recommend that you check them out when you're ready. They will get you safely overclocked quite easily! After all, that's the main focus over there.


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Executable Beep View Post
I actually live in tijuana, like 25 minutes from the US/Mexico Border, and i use normal amazon.com, i just ship them to an uncle's house and pick them up some other day... so US online stores arent a problem n-n
Wait, so can you use Newegg?
I am absolutely sure that im going to overclock, i just dont know when, and im willing to pay for the 3770k and the z77 motherboard n-n and i was planning to use a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO or Plus-- but who knows n-n I still have a lot to study, and yes, im going to check that website you told me thanks a lot, and yes, i can use newegg
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Mar 2013   #15
TwoCables

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Executable Beep View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Executable Beep View Post

I was actually saying that I didn't want to overclock because I'm kinda afraid of messing something upxD but i'd really love to do it, thats what K processors are for after all, right? It would be a shame to spend over 1k dollars for a non overclocked PC, im just kinda affraid of messing the processor up or whatever...
Oh, then you'll want a decent CPU cooler too! Or do you want to wait until you're sure about overclocking? I practically live on a site called Overclock.net, and I would wholeheartedly and sincerely recommend that you check them out when you're ready. They will get you safely overclocked quite easily! After all, that's the main focus over there.


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Executable Beep View Post
I actually live in tijuana, like 25 minutes from the US/Mexico Border, and i use normal amazon.com, i just ship them to an uncle's house and pick them up some other day... so US online stores arent a problem n-n
Wait, so can you use Newegg?
I am absolutely sure that im going to overclock, i just dont know when, and im willing to pay for the 3770k and the z77 motherboard n-n and i was planning to use a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO or Plus-- but who knows n-n I still have a lot to study, and yes, im going to check that website you told me thanks a lot
Ok cool. Remember one thing: you may want to disable HyperThreading until the day comes in the future when you need it. Having it enabled has caused some people to report that they have "jittery" gaming performance until they disable it. Plus, having it enabled makes overclocking just a little harder because you have to use a higher core voltage, you get higher core temperatures, and the maximum overclock potential is lower than what it would otherwise be with HyperThreading disabled.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Mar 2013   #16
TwoCables

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Executable Beep View Post
and yes, i can use newegg
I just noticed this addition but I forgot to ask: can you afford $89.99 shipped for a PSU? If not, then can you afford $63.98 after shipping?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Mar 2013   #17
Executable Beep

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Executable Beep View Post
and yes, i can use newegg
I just noticed this addition but I forgot to ask: can you afford $89.99 shipped for a PSU? If not, then can you afford $63.98 after shipping?
Yeah, i can afford 90 dollars for a psu, that would be fine n-n

I just want 'enough' power to be able to overclock it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Mar 2013   #18
JackALope52x

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Hey Executable Beep,

I would have to agree with almost everything TwoCables is saying. Your chosen PSU is more than what you need but whenever I build a PC I always leave room for expansion. You may not want to have two GPUs right now but in a year or so you might change your mind have to end up buying a new PSU with that second card (or whatever it is you plan on expanding). So I would honestly say stay with the bigger power supply.

The one thing I would highly recommend changing is the size of your SSD. I started with a 60GB for my newest build and sold it 3 days later. The smallest I would recommend is a 120GB. I have a 240GB because you will be surprised how fast it will fill up with your OS and games. When it comes to SSDs remember that you need 1/4 - 1/3 of it to remain empty in order for it to use TRIM and other processes properly. If you fill your SSD up all the way it will slow down drastically.

I like your choice of CPU and motherboard. Honestly overclocking shouldn't be too hard with them. Just do some research online and you should be able to get enough information in order to do what you want with it.

Hopefully I was able to help. Let us know if you need any more information. Good luck!

-JackALope
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Mar 2013   #19
kbrady1979

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
 
 

I may have missed it, but what specifically is this build going to be used for? The more specific you are about what you are going to use it for, the better we can assist you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Mar 2013   #20
GeneO

Windows 10 Pro. EFI boot partition, full EFI boot
 
 

I don't think the PSU is major overlkill, but you could do with less. I think it is fine, especialy if you might plan to SLI and OC in the near future.

What resolution of monitor are you planning on using? The 600 Ti is good for games up to 1920 x 1080 - beyond that you may want to consider the 670, which has a wider memory bus width.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 I've been trying to build a custom PC for a while now, any help?




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Custom build i5 using 32 bit Win 7
Decided to upgrade from old Pentium board running WIN 7 to i5 processor. Hoped the 32bit Win 7 would work without spending $$$ for new OS but W7 hangs at Welcome screen using the old HDD. Will i5 load a 32 bit OS if I try a repair? Thnx.
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
First custom PC build (Q's)
This is my first custom PC and I have a few questions. I removed the Thermal Compound on the CPU with alcohol wipes, is that what I'm supposed to do? Just making sure. Two more questions: I have a Seagate drive, with all my data on it which I want to move to the WD Caviar Black and basically...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
New custom build pc...What you think?
Hi everyone, I have just sold my old custom build pc and now ready to go for next one. Just want to know your opinion... Would this parts be ok or maybe to choose something else. So here we go: *ASUS AMD 890FX/SB850 USB 3.0 and SATA 6 GB/s Extended ATX Motherboard Crosshair IV Extreme *OCZ...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Custom Build Not posting.
Hey guys, back again... I had a problem a couple weeks back with BSOD's and finally found out it was bad ram. So i RMA'd that and was borrowing some of my friends Ram and it worked perfectly fine. This morning was when my RAM came in and I was on the computer before school started. When I came home...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Want to custom build a PC need help:?
Hi, I have decided to build a computer from scratch as I want a better gaming media machine... I have looked around and found the current hardware which I want but not am not sure if they are compatible with each other so I need some help:? Motherboard and CPU: MOTHERBOARD BUNDLE AMD ATHLON II...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Custom Build
Hey guys dont know if im postnig in the correct place. let me now if so. Here I am consulting you, I'm planning on build a new pc for my little bro, he's 15 yrs old. Undecided on wheter to get an Intel or a AMD. Im currently looking a this possible processors since are the one availables at...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App