Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Possible SSD purchase

19 Apr 2013   #1
Dude

Windows 8.1 Pro + Windows 10
 
 
Possible SSD purchase

Any one used this brand, is it good?

Extreme SSD


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Apr 2013   #2
linnemeyerhere

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

I've used their flash drives and cards and have always had good luck, can't speak to the SSD's but venture that they are fine. Still prefer Crucial or Samsung.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2013   #3
Dude

Windows 8.1 Pro + Windows 10
 
 

Thanks Linnemeyerhere, I think I will go with this one

Crucial
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


19 Apr 2013   #4
linnemeyerhere

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

Plus 1 to the Crucial 256 M4's I have (2) and they kick A !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2013   #5
Dude

Windows 8.1 Pro + Windows 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
Plus 1 to the Crucial 256 M4's I have (2) and they kick A !
Sweet, I read through the show us your SSD performance thread and decided to go with it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2013   #6
crankypenguin

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
Plus 1 to the Crucial 256 M4's I have (2) and they kick A !
I second this, I just purchased a Crucial 256 M4 and it FLIES.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2013   #7
Dude

Windows 8.1 Pro + Windows 10
 
 

That's what I like to hear Cranky. I have always wanted to have a ssd, just never went for it before.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2013   #8
crankypenguin

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dude View Post
That's what I like to hear Cranky. I have always wanted to have a ssd, just never went for it before.
If you do indeed get the Crucial M4, we should form a M4 club . I am already planning on buying a second Crucial M4...if I keep this up, I will eventually need a PCIE Sata card to have a place to plug all these Sata drives into
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2013   #9
kbrady1979

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
 
 

When you get the SSD installed, it will blow your mind! I've not tried the Crucial, but everybody on here says they are really nice. Something to note about the first drive you linked to, the Sandisk: It uses a Sandforce controller, and while Sandforce drives used to be all the rage, quite a few developed problems and now, custom controllers are as fast, or faster than Sandforce controllers without the limitations. I recommend staying away from Sandforce drives just to be safe. The drives I would trust are Samsung, Corsair Neutron GTX, OCZ Vector and Vertex 4, Plextor M5 Pro, and the tried and true Crucial M4. Those are some of the fastest drives out there and odds are, you will not have any problems with any of those drives. Let us know when you get your SSD in!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2013   #10
Dude

Windows 8.1 Pro + Windows 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kbrady1979 View Post
When you get the SSD installed, it will blow your mind! I've not tried the Crucial, but everybody on here says they are really nice. Something to note about the first drive you linked to, the Sandisk: It uses a Sandforce controller, and while Sandforce drives used to be all the rage, quite a few developed problems and now, custom controllers are as fast, or faster than Sandforce controllers without the limitations. I recommend staying away from Sandforce drives just to be safe. The drives I would trust are Samsung, Corsair Neutron GTX, OCZ Vector and Vertex 4, Plextor M5 Pro, and the tried and true Crucial M4. Those are some of the fastest drives out there and odds are, you will not have any problems with any of those drives. Let us know when you get your SSD in!
Thanks for the advice. I did some research and heard that about the controllers. I went with the crucial M4 256 so now I'm just waiting for it to arrive.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Possible SSD purchase




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Help with Tablet Purchase
nevermind... made decisions...
Chillout Room
USB drive purchase
Which is better when it comes to speeds & durability? 1. Older Sandisk Cruzer 32GB 2. Newer Sandisk Cruzer Glide 32GB I have the older Sandisk Cruzer 16GB; it's lasted me quite some time & has even been through a round in the washer (by accident of course) & a few re-formattings, but has...
Hardware & Devices
Help with new RAM purchase
Hi Guys, Im looking to upgrade my RAM to 1600Mhz. Im wanna get 8Gb again I've seen: Corsair 8Gb DDR3 1600MHz Vengence Memory And also Crucial Ballistix 8Gb 1600MHz
Hardware & Devices
Purchase
Old computer is on it's last leg and am looking for pros/cons as to what I should buy next - tower/laptop. Computer is used personal use and minimal business things. Will be of course purchasing the Office products and am looking to add publisher to that package. Any good words out there as...
General Discussion
Should I purchase xp?
I have windows 7 and xp mode running on my system, however I am concerned about not having an actual xp disk and lic. Everything works great on my system but I was wondering if down the road (a couple of years) there would come a time when I needed to actually have xp outside of this system (to...
Virtualization
New RAM Purchase Help
Ok so I am in need of some new RAM, currently I have 2x2GB of DDR2 800MHz Corsair Gaming Memory totaling 4GB, but one of the RAM sticks is bad and doesn't work. And I don't want to spend $95 on a 2GB RAM stick. So I have $90 left that I had gotten on my birthday, and was wondering what is the best,...
Hardware & Devices

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App