Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Computer Build

25 May 2013   #271
AddRAM

Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Quadrider10 View Post
when i OC, i was planning on setting the base clock to 4gz, and turbo to 4.5ghz. i think that would keep temps fairly cool when not gaming, and even maybe when gaming. if the OS no need the extra speed, it wont use it
I don`t thinlk you can do that, it might just run at the OC speed, with no turbo. But hey I`m no expert either
Wow, I just realized your talking about your amd, do they even have turbo mode ?

I think not.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
25 May 2013   #272
Quadrider10

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Quadrider10 View Post
when i OC, i was planning on setting the base clock to 4gz, and turbo to 4.5ghz. i think that would keep temps fairly cool when not gaming, and even maybe when gaming. if the OS no need the extra speed, it wont use it
I don`t thinlk you can do that, it might just run at the OC speed, with no turbo. But hey I`m no expert either
Wow, I just realized your talking about your amd, do they even have turbo mode ?

I think not.
yea they do. my base is 3.8 and turbo is 4

and it has options to adjust turbo in bios
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 May 2013   #273
AddRAM

Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Oh ok then, why don`t you set the base to 4 and the turbo to 4.4 , go for it

Mine just sits at 4.0 and doesn`t throttle down, I haven`t had time to figure it out, I only put in 49 hours this week so I don`t know what my excuse is. Plus I nabbed an HP slimline from the job, and I`ve been workin on that.

My board has that dam OC Genie.

Maybe you could send me some bios settings in a PM, for 4.0 OC and a 4.4 turbo, don`t know if our bios our alike.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 May 2013   #274
Quadrider10

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
Oh ok then, why don`t you set the base to 4 and the turbo to 4.4 , go for it

Mine just sits at 4.0 and doesn`t throttle down, I haven`t had time to figure it out, I only put in 49 hours this week so I don`t know what my excuse is. Plus I nabbed an HP slimline from the job, and I`ve been workin on that.

My board has that dam OC Genie.

Maybe you could send me some bios settings in a PM, for 4.0 OC and a 4.4 turbo, don`t know if our bios our alike.
should be. idk ill have to mess around and figure things out.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 May 2013   #275
Quadrider10

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

so im getting a lot of stutter in farcry 3

i have mixed settings between high and medium and the lowest fps spike i got was 40fps. getting average 60-70fps. cpu ussage is NOT maxed out, and ram is NOT maxed out. but im getting a constanr stutter and chopiness all through out the game....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 May 2013   #276
AddRAM

Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

How do you have mixed settings ? It shoild be on medium OR high.

Set the cpu to stock speeds and try again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 May 2013   #277
Quadrider10

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
How do you have mixed settings ? It shoild be on medium OR high.

Set the cpu to stock speeds and try again.

cpu is stock lol never changed anyting.

the graphics settings are mixed between medium and high. like ther enot all high and there not all medium
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2013   #278
AddRAM

Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Just bumped mine up to 4.4

Gonna run Metro on high and c what happens.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2013   #279
Quadrider10

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
Just bumped mine up to 4.4

Gonna run Metro on high and c what happens.
nice man GL! did u have ot change the voltage?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2013   #280
Quadrider10

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

anyone know how to stop that stutter in FC3?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Computer Build




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Need help with a computer build.
Hi Everyone, I will be starting on a second computer build but Am just not sure what to get in parts wise. The computer will be for gaming, video editing (1080p) , live steaming and gaming together etc.. So far I have got Corsair H100i Hydro Series CPU Water Cooler with 240mm Radiator...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
New computer build, works smooth but internet issues on sole computer
Hey people, sorry if the title is not very detailed or so, what I am having trouble with is my Download speed and browser speed Little backstory: I created a new build recently (tuesday) and i've been spending every night since then for hours on end trying to fix this issue, every other computer...
Network & Sharing
preposed build log for my new under 5 k computer system build
CASE - Rosewill Gaming Super Tower Computer Case BLACKHAWK-ULTRA primary drive ssd - Samsung Electronics 840 Pro Series 2.5-Inch 512 SATA_6_0_gb Solid State Drive MZ-7PD512BW sound card - ASUS PCI-Express x1 Sound Card XONAR ESSENCE STX/90-YAA0C0-0UAN00Z CPU - AMD FD8350FRHKBOX FX-8350...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
First computer build
Hello, Ive never built a computer before but plan on giving it a try. I think Ill be able to handle the mechanical part OK, but the setup part I'm not 100% clear on. Not sure about setting up the eif bios. Heres a list of parts so far. Cpu- Intel i5 2500K MB- Asus P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1 ASUSTeK...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Computer build help
I am building a computer for my friend. Unfortunately, he is on a tight budget, but wanted something reasonable. I was going to go i3 3.2GHz, until I found the AMD phenom II x4 925 (2.8 GHz), which would save $80 off the motherboard. I wanted to know, however if the cooling would be sufficient and...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Will I be able to build this computer?
Hello everbody Im interested on building a computer but, im not sure if the components Im gonna buy will work Maybe im asking too much but could somebody check the components and see if I can put them all togeter? Case: Newegg.com - Rosewill Wind Knight Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:28.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App