Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: New To Overclocking help!

29 May 2013   #141
Quadrider10

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

@kbrady1979 and @TwoCables


if you guys are going to bash and fight, take it elsewhere. i dont want that crap in my thread

@TwoCables

i wish you posted that earlier. i bought the CX500M. damn. owell. by the time i receive the rebate, ill be back up and running. so idk how long it takes. my stock CPU cooler is fine for now and fine for some experimenting at least.

my future upgrades consisted of 660Ti and 8 core FX cpu, mobo, and HDD/SSD with some OCing of course. the other reason why i bought the CX500M is because it has a 5 year warranty. so the warranty and the price kinda won me over the 450W one you posted earlier.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
29 May 2013   #142
linnemeyerhere

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

It's true if money was never an object then it would be Seasonic's forever and all would be 1000+ or higher wattage and Silver, Gold or Platinum rated. Having personal experience with 3 Ultra's I'm happy with the performance and value but I don't expect them to equal the Seasonic of which I have 1 for double the Ultra's price. I've used a couple of builder Corsairs and they're just ok. Not really fair to compare those budget Corsairs with top flight high power modular units. I think there are more great PSU's also being made by many others. The one overriding concern I have is Japanese caps, good warranty, excellent and quiet cooling and then not under purchasing on power. I've read many a bad review as I've read many a good and I find that when reading reviews it's as important to read between the lines and look for those words which ring true to you. In order of preference for me money being no object.
Seasonic, Corsair, Thermaltake, Antec, EVGA, Coolermaster, Silverstone, Ultra, XFX, OCZ, Kingwin
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2013   #143
TwoCables

 

kbrady: whether or not you realize it, you said that I'm wrong by showing me what Guru3D recommends and then saying "Taken directly from your 2nd link. I made my recommendation........I'm done". It looks to me like you're using that to say that I'm wrong and that I'm also blind for not seeing that on the same article that I linked to (I also felt like you were throwing it back in my face, which I really don't appreciate)! Well, as I hope to have shown you, I know what their recommendations are and I also know what kind of PSUs they're talking about too. Again, they're talking about peak-rated units just like how both AMD and NVIDIA are (and how all aftermarket brands are) with their recommendations/requirements. The reason they're not talking about continuous-rated units is then they would have to teach their customers about the difference between peak-rated and continuous-rated and they would also have to teach them other PSU-related things. This way they can just state their recommendations/requirements and be done with it. There are people out in the field like me to take care of that education, and they know that.

I just wish you would back off. That's all. It seems to me like every time I post something, you come along trying to contradict it somehow and I'm absolutely sick and tired of it. So please stop! You're the only one in this entire community who's doing it! It has reached a point for me where every time I see one of your posts after mine, I roll my eyes and say "Oh great. Now what?".

I don't know, it just feels like you don't like me and that you'd rather I quit coming here. I feel accepted by everyone in this community except you. What is your problem with me? Should we just put each other on ignore and be done with it or what?

I really think you have the wrong idea about me, or maybe the wrong impression of me. Whatever the deal is, I want to work this out. If we can't work it out, then I would want you to put me on ignore. I'm sick and tired of having to defend my facts because of you. You're the only one in this entire community who's doing this to me!


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Quadrider10 View Post
@kbrady1979 and @TwoCables


if you guys are going to bash and fight, take it elsewhere. i dont want that crap in my thread

@TwoCables

i wish you posted that earlier. i bought the CX500M. damn. owell. by the time i receive the rebate, ill be back up and running. so idk how long it takes. my stock CPU cooler is fine for now and fine for some experimenting at least.

my future upgrades consisted of 660Ti and 8 core FX cpu, mobo, and HDD/SSD with some OCing of course. the other reason why i bought the CX500M is because it has a 5 year warranty. so the warranty and the price kinda won me over the 450W one you posted earlier.
What's nice though is you'll have a modular PSU. It has more hardwired cables than most modular PSUs, but still: once you experience a modular PSU, you'll never want to own a non-modular one!

The only regret I think I have here is that you could have spent a lot less up front, but it looks like you don't mind waiting 1 to 2 months to receive the prepaid rebate card (it takes 6-8 weeks to arrive once you send in the request form).

The CX430/500/600 PSUs aren't bad though. You could've done much worse.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 May 2013   #144
kbrady1979

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
 
 

I have to continually defend myself because of my recommendations. I have never said you were wrong, just offered another option. In fact, SEVERAL other members usually have the same opinion as mine, and none of us tell you that you are wrong. Get off your cross, we need the wood.......nobody is picking on you. I don't appreciate how you disregard my opinion/recommendations, but I don't bitch and whine about it like you do. I think I have you figured out pretty well, and still have managed to back you up in several posts BECAUSE I'm aware you are knowledgeable. There is no harm in you having an opinion, and someone else having an opinion. The quicker you can wrap your head around that, the better off everybody will be.

Carry on.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2013   #145
Quadrider10

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

IF YOU GUYD ARE GPING TO FIGHT. FU*KING LEAVE!

@TwoCables

Well this way I have to excuse to buy anything within that 3 months cause it would be mastering money I call it smart! Haha
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2013   #146
TwoCables

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Quadrider10 View Post
IF YOU GUYD ARE GPING TO FIGHT. FU*KING LEAVE!

@TwoCables

Well this way I have to excuse to buy anything within that 3 months cause it would be mastering money I call it smart! Haha
Oh yeah, it's kind of like self-discipline or something.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2013   #147
Quadrider10

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Quadrider10 View Post
IF YOU GUYD ARE GPING TO FIGHT. FU*KING LEAVE!

@TwoCables

Well this way I have to excuse to buy anything within that 3 months cause it would be mastering money I call it smart! Haha
Oh yeah, it's kind of like self-discipline or something.
exactly! lol

idk this whole build costed me $260 out of pocket for parts! grand total was $386. but after $20 mail in rebate, and my check from youtube, it kinda even its self out.

the only thing im biting my self on is not getting the FX 4350 and a different MOBO. but whatever. i can live with it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2013   #148
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

How'd you get a check from youtube?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2013   #149
Quadrider10

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
How'd you get a check from youtube?
monetize on my video
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jun 2013   #150
Quadrider10

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

ok so i am now trying my hand at OCing. im not going for my orgional 4.5 or 4.4. im now shooting for 4.2...


so i want my base clock to be 4.0ghz and turbo to be 4.2ghz. my main pet peve tho is that i still want the CPU to scale its speeds and voltages. to keep temps down. how should i go about doing this, and what should i enable/disable for CPU features?

also there are 2 settings i can change in bios for the turbo speed. one is CPU MAX turbo speed, and the other is CPU turbo speed. which one do i change?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 New To Overclocking help!




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Overclocking GPU
Hey Need some help overclocking my card using Afterburner,so after i saw this Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming review - Overclocking The Graphics Card i gave it a try to change the numbers on the sliders but the thing is they will not save for example when i set the Core clock to 150+ as...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Overclocking CPU
I have a really old CPU. (Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz) :P I just want to play around with my pc, and "tune" it a little :D Have a Asus P5N-D MoBo, and i have entered the BIOS several times, and i have learned it very well, and i know what i am doing. I have a option to overclock the system by : 5, 10,...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
overclocking and xmp ram help
Hi, i have tried a few times to overclock to about 3.4/3.6 but my system seems to be unstable. i did not try to mess with too many settings as i am trying to keep it relatively simple however i think the stumbling block may well be my ram as it is set to xmp in the bios. I have read a few threads...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Overclocking GPU
This is just a general question, If the bottleneck on your system is not your graphics card, lets say your ram or cpu is. ( i know this pry varies on the game or app running) Is it still gonna benifit you to overclock the gpu? (lets say on a game that is very gpu intensive) The reason...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
How To: Overclocking Your AMD Processor : Introduction: The Basics Of Overclocking
http://media.bestofmicro.com/CPU-AMD-Overclocking,9-J-180487-1.jpg http://media.bestofmicro.com/CPU-AMD-Overclocking,9-K-180488-1.jpg Tom’s Hardware readers know all about overclocking, of course. In fact, many processor and graphics card reviews would be deemed incomplete without coverage of...
Performance & Maintenance


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:04.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App