Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards

08 Sep 2013   #1091
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

I was only joking, Dude.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
08 Sep 2013   #1092
Dude

Windows 10 Pro X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
I was only joking, Dude.
I know, I just want you to get 5.4, so the leader boards will keep climbing
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Sep 2013   #1093
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
Well, I installed the cooler, was a bit involved so I took my time while watching football. Everything seems to be functioning but the software. It`s giving me the usb error, but I also have an issue in Device Manager and I`m not finding diddly squat on the Thermaltake site, and no help from windows update. And the plug that goes to the cpu fan header is only a 3 pin, shouldn`t it be a 4 pin ?

You can stick a 3 pin into a 4 pin that could be the error some pc's like to have the CPU fan attached to the cooler some don't ,I use the 4 pin couldn't hurt

@Steve The Force is strong with you and your new chip
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Sep 2013   #1094
AddRAM

Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dude View Post
I seem to remember that you need a driver or firmware update.
Amazing the driver`s not on the cd
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Sep 2013   #1095
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dude View Post
I seem to remember that you need a driver or firmware update.
Amazing the driver`s not on the cd

It should be every cooler I had used since the H80i debacle had a CD with drivers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Sep 2013   #1096
AddRAM

Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
Well, I installed the cooler, was a bit involved so I took my time while watching football. Everything seems to be functioning but the software. It`s giving me the usb error, but I also have an issue in Device Manager and I`m not finding diddly squat on the Thermaltake site, and no help from windows update. And the plug that goes to the cpu fan header is only a 3 pin, shouldn`t it be a 4 pin ?

You can stick a 3 pin into a 4 pin that could be the error some pc's like to have the CPU fan attached to the cooler some don't ,I use the 4 pin couldn't hurt

@Steve The Force is strong with you and your new chip
Yep, the Hyper N520 has a 4 pin plug, this thing has a 3 pin, makes no sense to me.

If I can find this driver I need I can get the pump turning faster.

This is insane
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Sep 2013   #1097
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
Well, I installed the cooler, was a bit involved so I took my time while watching football. Everything seems to be functioning but the software. It`s giving me the usb error, but I also have an issue in Device Manager and I`m not finding diddly squat on the Thermaltake site, and no help from windows update. And the plug that goes to the cpu fan header is only a 3 pin, shouldn`t it be a 4 pin ?

You can stick a 3 pin into a 4 pin that could be the error some pc's like to have the CPU fan attached to the cooler some don't ,I use the 4 pin couldn't hurt

@Steve The Force is strong with you and your new chip
Yep, the Hyper N520 has a 4 pin plug, this thing has a 3 pin, makes no sense to me.

If I can find this driver I need I can get the pump turning faster.

This is insane

Just stick it in like you would a 4 pin just used the header to position and drop you will just see that one naked pin but it's really unnoticable
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Sep 2013   #1098
AddRAM

Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

That`s where it is, but without that 4th pin I can`t even control the pump with my MSI control center software.

I sent an email to Thermaltake, I won`t hold my breath.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Sep 2013   #1099
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Sep 2013   #1100
AddRAM

Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Yes, that is the same software that`s on the cd that came with it, it`s asking for another driver. From what I can find it`s got something to do with Antec.


Attached Images
Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards-capture2.jpg 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards [2]
continued from - http://www.sevenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/296084-official-seven-forums-overclock-leader-boards.html Updated ;) 0Agh2tKEY2ibedHNZcjRRZUpfUnc0OVNkY0tyTjFpb3c
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Home Security Shootout: Which Watchdog is Leader of the Pack?
Read more at: Maximum PC | Home Security Shootout: Which Watchdog is Leader of the Pack?
Chillout Room
Apple the new world leader in software insecurity
Source - Apple the new world leader in software insecurity
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:00.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App