Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards

10 Sep 2013   #1141
Dude

Windows 10 Pro X64
 
 

I found with my board that disabling C-states and just using EIST is more stable. Not sure if that will work for you.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
10 Sep 2013   #1142
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
I have all the C States enabled, I don't know what power features? LLC is on High, I don't seem to have any Manual CPU power.

I followed this to a tee and it got me good results Ivy Bridge Overclocking Guide

My LLC is on Ultra
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2013   #1143
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Gary, I know Kelly and I have posted this several times, but try this.
Ivy Bridge Overclocking Guide#
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Sep 2013   #1144
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Nice OC Gary, I will update in a little while.

Just so you know, the highest speed I could get it to boot at was either 5GHz or 5.1GHz (I forget now), any higher speeds done for the purposes of this thread were done inside Windows using Asus TurboV Evo software.

Paul.

Edit: Updated.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2013   #1145
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Looks like the weather is starting to cool down here quite a lot in the mornings now. The Overclocking season is on it's way lol.


Attached Images
Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards-cool.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2013   #1146
kbrady1979

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
 
 

Might try these settings and see what you get Gary.

Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards-cpu-power-management-configuration.jpgOfficial Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards-digi-power-control.jpg

Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards-ai-tweaker-1.jpgOfficial Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards-ai-tweaker-2.jpg

As for the CPU voltage, change it from offset to manual and enter in a value below it.....such as 1.400. I think you have just hit that spot in your chip where you need a pretty healthy bump up in voltage to get above a certain clock. Definitely turn LLC to Ultra and Current Capability to 140% and see what you get. It should allow you more headroom with your voltage.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2013   #1147
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dude View Post
I found with my board that disabling C-states and just using EIST is more stable. Not sure if that will work for you.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
I have all the C States enabled, I don't know what power features? LLC is on High, I don't seem to have any Manual CPU power.

I followed this to a tee and it got me good results Ivy Bridge Overclocking Guide

My LLC is on Ultra
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Gary, I know Kelly and I have posted this several times, but try this.
Ivy Bridge Overclocking Guide#
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Nice OC Gary, I will update in a little while.

Just so you know, the highest speed I could get it to boot at was either 5GHz or 5.1GHz (I forget now), any higher speeds done for the purposes of this thread were done inside Windows using Asus TurboV Evo software.

Paul.

Edit: Updated.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kbrady1979 View Post
Might try these settings and see what you get Gary.

Attachment 285341Attachment 285342

Attachment 285343Attachment 285344

As for the CPU voltage, change it from offset to manual and enter in a value below it.....such as 1.400. I think you have just hit that spot in your chip where you need a pretty healthy bump up in voltage to get above a certain clock. Definitely turn LLC to Ultra and Current Capability to 140% and see what you get. It should allow you more headroom with your voltage.
Thanks everyone, I will try all suggestions. In the mean time....

http://valid.canardpc.com/gkhd4t

Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards-4948-ivy.png


I may be able to get the elusive 5000+. At this speed Prime hits my temp shut off of 93C in under a minute.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2013   #1148
AddRAM

Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Looks like the weather is starting to cool down here quite a lot in the mornings now. The Overclocking season is on it's way lol.
OMG, what are you running through that, Ice water
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2013   #1149
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Looks like the weather is starting to cool down here quite a lot in the mornings now. The Overclocking season is on it's way lol.
OMG, what are you running through that, Ice water
In the winter that is not far off mate actually lol.

My PC is in a log cabin in my garden, there is no central heating in the cabin just a small convector heater which I switch on manually.
In the middle of winter when it's minus 10C outside it's pretty much the same temp in the cabin. Ideal for overclocking but not so ideal for the person doing it lol. The little heater will warm it through in 30 mins or so, which is fine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2013   #1150
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote:
I may be able to get the elusive 5000+. At this speed Prime hits my temp shut off of 93C in under a minute.
Nice work Gary. I would suggest not running prime or IBT at speeds close to or over 5GHz, really you ain't gonna run the PC at that speed as a 24/7 so who cares if it's stable.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards [2]
continued from - http://www.sevenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/296084-official-seven-forums-overclock-leader-boards.html Updated ;) 0Agh2tKEY2ibedHNZcjRRZUpfUnc0OVNkY0tyTjFpb3c
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Home Security Shootout: Which Watchdog is Leader of the Pack?
Read more at: Maximum PC | Home Security Shootout: Which Watchdog is Leader of the Pack?
Chillout Room
Apple the new world leader in software insecurity
Source - Apple the new world leader in software insecurity
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App