Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards

10 Sep 2013   #1161
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Very good one, Paul. Congratulations. But, I would not go any higher with the voltage, unless you would like to upgrade right now. I know of 2 that died at 2V, so the max is somewhere between where you are and 2V.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
10 Sep 2013   #1162
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Very good one, Paul. Congratulations. But, I would not go any higher with the voltage, unless you would like to upgrade right now. I know of 2 that died at 2V, so the max is somewhere between where you are and 2V.
In all honesty Steve, using Asus TurboV Evo I cannot go any higher with the voltage, that is the maximum it will allow me and yes I agree 2V would be insanity.

I will stick with my maximum and see if the clocks will go higher as the weather gets colder.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2013   #1163
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Very good one, Paul. Congratulations. But, I would not go any higher with the voltage, unless you would like to upgrade right now. I know of 2 that died at 2V, so the max is somewhere between where you are and 2V.
In all honesty Steve, using Asus TurboV Evo I cannot go any higher with the voltage, that is the maximum it will allow me and yes I agree 2V would be insanity.

I will stick with my maximum and see if the clocks will go higher as the weather gets colder.
Personally, I think where you are is insanity. I don't trust the numbers as much as you do. It is still software and we have seen it be wrong a number of times.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Sep 2013   #1164
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Very good one, Paul. Congratulations. But, I would not go any higher with the voltage, unless you would like to upgrade right now. I know of 2 that died at 2V, so the max is somewhere between where you are and 2V.
In all honesty Steve, using Asus TurboV Evo I cannot go any higher with the voltage, that is the maximum it will allow me and yes I agree 2V would be insanity.

I will stick with my maximum and see if the clocks will go higher as the weather gets colder.
Personally, I think where you are is insanity. I don't trust the numbers as much as you do. It is still software and we have seen it be wrong a number of times.
Personally I agree with you, but I don't mind blowing it up, It will be annoying as I could use the money towards a new CPU but it won't stop me at the end of the day.

As you know I have ran it a fair few times at this voltage now, it's only for a brief moment to validate a score before it BSOD lol.

I understand your concern Steve, I would say the same to anyone else, but as a veteran OC'er I know the risks and to be honest I don't think we can even call ourselves proper overclockers until we have blown a chip up! Well maybe we can lol, but you know what I mean.

Edit: I remember a saying going around when I was younger before I could drive, they said you were not a proper driver until you had a good crash. I think that is true, it certainly made me wise up. I spun a car off the road at around 80mph and smacked into a big tree that didn't move. It hurt me but not as much as it hurt the car
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2013   #1165
kbrady1979

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
 
 

Whatever you need to tell yourself buddy LOL
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2013   #1166
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kbrady1979 View Post
Whatever you need to tell yourself buddy LOL
I don't need to tell myself anything Kelly, if I did it wouldn't help lol. (some people are beyond help ok )
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2013   #1167
COMPUTIAC

Windows 8.1.1 64bit
 
 

Paul,
Whenever you think you will be on the verge of blowing up the chip,
I sure hope you capture it on video and post it !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2013   #1168
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Thank fork for that Gary, looks like it's running as it should
York welcome Paul. Did you get my email?
Should someone call a shrink?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2013   #1169
kbrady1979

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kbrady1979 View Post
Whatever you need to tell yourself buddy LOL
I don't need to tell myself anything Kelly, if I did it wouldn't help lol. (some people are beyond help ok )
I know, just messin with ya Paul
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2013   #1170
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by silverstormz View Post
CPU-Z Validator 3.1
My new daily OC will do for now readings/bios is a little off since it was 4.4ghz with 1.1v
Well done silverstormz, nice OC, takes you well off the bottom now mate
Great you got off the bott...HEY!

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards [2]
continued from - http://www.sevenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/296084-official-seven-forums-overclock-leader-boards.html Updated ;) 0Agh2tKEY2ibedHNZcjRRZUpfUnc0OVNkY0tyTjFpb3c
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Home Security Shootout: Which Watchdog is Leader of the Pack?
Read more at: Maximum PC | Home Security Shootout: Which Watchdog is Leader of the Pack?
Chillout Room
Apple the new world leader in software insecurity
Source - Apple the new world leader in software insecurity
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App