Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards

21 Aug 2013   #521
silverstormz

windows 7 home premium
 
 

Come like 2 weeks I should have enough money for my 3570k! so I may still be on the board ^^ what kind of clocks should I be aiming for with a h60 and good airflow?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
21 Aug 2013   #522
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by silverstormz View Post
Come like 2 weeks I should have enough money for my 3570k! so I may still be on the board ^^ what kind of clocks should I be aiming for with a h60 and good airflow?
Nice one mate, in the UK with that cooler you should be fine running 4.5-4.6GHz as a daily OC and maybe push it a little further for benchmarking and stuff
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Aug 2013   #523
kbrady1979

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by silverstormz View Post
Come like 2 weeks I should have enough money for my 3570k! so I may still be on the board ^^ what kind of clocks should I be aiming for with a h60 and good airflow?
Good choice! It's hard to tell what your potential may be, but I can tell you for a fact that the Ivy Bridge CPU's made today are superior in some ways to the early models. On first release, the potential was greater for a mediocre chip, and if you got a chip that could reach 4.6+ with good temps you got a good one. Now, as the process has been refined, the potential for a great chip is much higher.

I'd say with that information, unless you just have horrible luck, cooling and motherboard choice will have more of an impact on your overclocking potential than the chip itself. That being said, what kind of motherboard are you looking at?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Aug 2013   #524
silverstormz

windows 7 home premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kbrady1979 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by silverstormz View Post
Come like 2 weeks I should have enough money for my 3570k! so I may still be on the board ^^ what kind of clocks should I be aiming for with a h60 and good airflow?
Good choice! It's hard to tell what your potential may be, but I can tell you for a fact that the Ivy Bridge CPU's made today are superior in some ways to the early models. On first release, the potential was greater for a mediocre chip, and if you got a chip that could reach 4.6+ with good temps you got a good one. Now, as the process has been refined, the potential for a great chip is much higher.

I'd say with that information, unless you just have horrible luck, cooling and motherboard choice will have more of an impact on your overclocking potential than the chip itself. That being said, what kind of motherboard are you looking at?
MSI B75MA-P45 Socket 1155 VGA DVI 8 Channel Audio ATX.. | Ebuyer.com
untill I have the funds for a better board such as a sabertooth.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Aug 2013   #525
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by silverstormz View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kbrady1979 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by silverstormz View Post
Come like 2 weeks I should have enough money for my 3570k! so I may still be on the board ^^ what kind of clocks should I be aiming for with a h60 and good airflow?
Good choice! It's hard to tell what your potential may be, but I can tell you for a fact that the Ivy Bridge CPU's made today are superior in some ways to the early models. On first release, the potential was greater for a mediocre chip, and if you got a chip that could reach 4.6+ with good temps you got a good one. Now, as the process has been refined, the potential for a great chip is much higher.

I'd say with that information, unless you just have horrible luck, cooling and motherboard choice will have more of an impact on your overclocking potential than the chip itself. That being said, what kind of motherboard are you looking at?
MSI B75MA-P45 Socket 1155 VGA DVI 8 Channel Audio ATX.. | Ebuyer.com
untill I have the funds for a better board such as a sabertooth.
I think you can forget what I said in my last post with that motherboard mate. Correct me if I am wrong, but the B-series are designed primarily for non K series CPU's and don't really offer much if any Overclocking.

I would strongly advise that you get a Z77 board even if its a cheap one like this - Asus P8Z77-V LX2 Socket 1155 VGA HDMI 8 Channel Audio.. | Ebuyer.com
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Aug 2013   #526
silverstormz

windows 7 home premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by silverstormz View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kbrady1979 View Post

Good choice! It's hard to tell what your potential may be, but I can tell you for a fact that the Ivy Bridge CPU's made today are superior in some ways to the early models. On first release, the potential was greater for a mediocre chip, and if you got a chip that could reach 4.6+ with good temps you got a good one. Now, as the process has been refined, the potential for a great chip is much higher.

I'd say with that information, unless you just have horrible luck, cooling and motherboard choice will have more of an impact on your overclocking potential than the chip itself. That being said, what kind of motherboard are you looking at?
MSI B75MA-P45 Socket 1155 VGA DVI 8 Channel Audio ATX.. | Ebuyer.com
untill I have the funds for a better board such as a sabertooth.
I think you can forget what I said in my last post with that motherboard mate. Correct me if I am wrong, but the B-series are designed primarily for non K series CPU's and don't really offer much if any Overclocking.

I would strongly advice that you get a Z77 board even if its a cheap one like this - Asus P8Z77-V LX2 Socket 1155 VGA HDMI 8 Channel Audio.. | Ebuyer.com
Yeah I understand that but i'd have to wait/find things to sell to afford that :/
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Aug 2013   #527
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by silverstormz View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by silverstormz View Post
MSI B75MA-P45 Socket 1155 VGA DVI 8 Channel Audio ATX.. | Ebuyer.com
untill I have the funds for a better board such as a sabertooth.
I think you can forget what I said in my last post with that motherboard mate. Correct me if I am wrong, but the B-series are designed primarily for non K series CPU's and don't really offer much if any Overclocking.

I would strongly advice that you get a Z77 board even if its a cheap one like this - Asus P8Z77-V LX2 Socket 1155 VGA HDMI 8 Channel Audio.. | Ebuyer.com
Yeah I understand that but i'd have to wait/find things to sell to afford that :/
Well if it was me, I would rather wait another month or however long it takes to find another 30 rather than wasting 50+ on a board and then needing to find 80+ to upgrade it.

I know what you are saying, but you will be annoyed at having such a great CPU and not being able to use it properly.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Aug 2013   #528
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

To go back to your original question silverstormz,

I just spent a while looking into B75 Motherboards, from what I can gather, even on the best of them you can't really get past around 3.8GHz.
I could not find any information on any form of overclocking on the particular board you linked to.

All I can say really is you can only expect to stay around stock speeds with that board until you upgrade.

I stand by what I said in my last post, but it's your money and that's the best advice I can give mate.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Aug 2013   #529
silverstormz

windows 7 home premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
To go back to your original question silverstormz,

I just spent a while looking into B75 Motherboards, from what I can gather, even on the best of them you can't really get past around 3.8GHz.
I could not find any information on any form of overclocking on the particular board you linked to.

All I can say really is you can only expect to stay around stock speeds with that board until you upgrade.

I stand by what I said in my last post, but it's your money and that's the best advice I can give mate.
Yeah understood I think I will just save up and I just realised I have a gts 450 in my draw if I sell that+my old cpu/mobo I may be close only problem is transport for the components
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Aug 2013   #530
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by silverstormz View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
To go back to your original question silverstormz,

I just spent a while looking into B75 Motherboards, from what I can gather, even on the best of them you can't really get past around 3.8GHz.
I could not find any information on any form of overclocking on the particular board you linked to.

All I can say really is you can only expect to stay around stock speeds with that board until you upgrade.

I stand by what I said in my last post, but it's your money and that's the best advice I can give mate.
Yeah understood I think I will just save up and I just realised I have a gts 450 in my draw if I sell that+my old cpu/mobo I may be close only problem is transport for the components
I think that's a wise move mate, obviously what I said is just my opinion, others may think differently, but to me it's the sensible and right way to do things.
Good luck with the sale of your stuff, I hope it sells quick for ya.

Paul.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards [2]
continued from - http://www.sevenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/296084-official-seven-forums-overclock-leader-boards.html Updated ;) 0Agh2tKEY2ibedHNZcjRRZUpfUnc0OVNkY0tyTjFpb3c
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Home Security Shootout: Which Watchdog is Leader of the Pack?
Read more at: Maximum PC | Home Security Shootout: Which Watchdog is Leader of the Pack?
Chillout Room
Apple the new world leader in software insecurity
Source - Apple the new world leader in software insecurity
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:25.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App