Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards

04 Sep 2013   #941
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Intel
According to Intel, its "most tunable, capable and downright devastating PC processor ever" provides a 5 percent boost in compute-intensive performance over the Core i7-3970X, is 7 percent faster for 3D gaming, and 10 percent faster for 3D modeling.
But if you "tune" it, it voids the warranty. Crazy people are Intel.

What are you saying set up to fail lol


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
04 Sep 2013   #942
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Not me mon, Intel does that, lol.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Sep 2013   #943
Dude

Windows 10 Pro X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Intel
According to Intel, its "most tunable, capable and downright devastating PC processor ever" provides a 5 percent boost in compute-intensive performance over the Core i7-3970X, is 7 percent faster for 3D gaming, and 10 percent faster for 3D modeling.
But if you "tune" it, it voids the warranty. Crazy people are Intel.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Sep 2013   #944
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Intel
According to Intel, its "most tunable, capable and downright devastating PC processor ever" provides a 5 percent boost in compute-intensive performance over the Core i7-3970X, is 7 percent faster for 3D gaming, and 10 percent faster for 3D modeling.
But if you "tune" it, it voids the warranty. Crazy people are Intel.
That's really no different than what most of us are running now. If you run ram faster than 1600, it voids the warranty. If you overclock it, it voids the warranty. Same ole, same ole. I think Paul should include in the SF Overclocker badge, "I void Warranties".
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Sep 2013   #945
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

What's a Warranty?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Sep 2013   #946
Golden
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ult. x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
What's a Warranty?
The first casualty of over-clocking!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Sep 2013   #947
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
What's a Warranty?
It's that thing you use to get your CPU replaced when you overvolt it and it melts.

EDIT: In all seriousness, I don't think Intel enforces it. On OCN there have been at least 2 guys who have delidded theirs, lapped it then ran 2.0V through it and killed it. Both of them had it replaced by Intel.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Sep 2013   #948
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
What's a Warranty?
It's that thing you use to get your CPU replaced when you overvolt it and it melts.

EDIT: In all seriousness, I don't think Intel enforces it. On OCN there have been at least 2 guys who have delidded theirs, lapped it then ran 2.0V through it and killed it. Both of them had it replaced by Intel.
Maybe Intel felt bad for the first batch but really temps are good for these chips
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Sep 2013   #949
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
What's a Warranty?
It's that thing you use to get your CPU replaced when you overvolt it and it melts.

EDIT: In all seriousness, I don't think Intel enforces it. On OCN there have been at least 2 guys who have delidded theirs, lapped it then ran 2.0V through it and killed it. Both of them had it replaced by Intel.
Maybe Intel felt bad for the first batch but really temps are good for these chips
Bout time you broke 5GHz ain't it Solar? Lol.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Sep 2013   #950
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post

It's that thing you use to get your CPU replaced when you overvolt it and it melts.

EDIT: In all seriousness, I don't think Intel enforces it. On OCN there have been at least 2 guys who have delidded theirs, lapped it then ran 2.0V through it and killed it. Both of them had it replaced by Intel.
Maybe Intel felt bad for the first batch but really temps are good for these chips
Bout time you broke 5GHz ain't it Solar? Lol.
Too hot to be Ocing right now i'll give it a go soon when the ac is on

I have been enjoying the Intel experience
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards [2]
continued from - http://www.sevenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/296084-official-seven-forums-overclock-leader-boards.html Updated ;) 0Agh2tKEY2ibedHNZcjRRZUpfUnc0OVNkY0tyTjFpb3c
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Home Security Shootout: Which Watchdog is Leader of the Pack?
Read more at: Maximum PC | Home Security Shootout: Which Watchdog is Leader of the Pack?
Chillout Room
Apple the new world leader in software insecurity
Source - Apple the new world leader in software insecurity
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:38.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App