Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: CPU Temps way to high please help

06 Aug 2013   #11
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

Please look at my specs again.
Then tick on your specs and then tick on (Update Your Specs)
You have a cooling problem.
What case do you use (air flow)
What cpu cooler and fans do you have?
What power supply do you have and just for the hell of it what Anti Virus program do you use?
**Are you over clocked?
Your temps of 77C is when the computer is under what load (%)?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
06 Aug 2013   #12
herqulees

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
Please look at my specs again.
Then tick on your specs and then tick on (Update Your Specs)
You have a cooling problem.
What case do you use (air flow)
What cpu cooler and fans do you have?
What power supply do you have and just for the hell of it what Anti Virus program do you use?
**Are you over clocke?
Your temps of 77C is when the computer is under what load (%)?
He already added his computer information, he shows that his CPU is actually underclocked, possibly forced from thermal temps, and that he uses a water cooling system and that these are idle system temps.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Aug 2013   #13
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

When I look in his specs I don't see that information.
What water cooling system their are hundreds of them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Aug 2013   #14
herqulees

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
When I look in his specs I don't see that information.
Weird. I do. Though I had to refresh first. Maybe close and reopen your tab on this page?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Aug 2013   #15
Vaas

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by herqulees View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Vaas View Post
This is what i see when i open HWMoniter Let me know if im supposed to be looking at a dif tab or w.e

@Herqulees my water cooling is attached to the cpu fine, the fan is spinning perfect, and i can hear the water pumping as always so i don't think there's anything wrong with it (i might be wrong tho)

thanks so much for the replys guys, means alot!
Vaas
How about the air coming out of the radiator? Is it cool, warm, very hot? Have you done anything in the BIOS to disable the CPUs power saving features? You have almost the same CPU I had on an old gaming build of mine (AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition @3.4GHz) and when I disabled the power saving features in BIOS the temps skyrocketed. From an idle of 25-30C to 55-65C after it was running for awhile.
EDIT: It's called AMD Cool and Quiet and was listed in my BIOS as CPU Phase Control.
The air coming out of the radiator is slightly cool, i went into bios and my AMD Cool and quiet was already set to "Auto" (there was no enable feature) also something worth mentioning is that my case feels is fairly cool if that matters at all.

Gosh this is annoying thanks alot for the reply!
Vaas

EDIT: i also heard somewhere that i should try to turn my Power setting on to " high performance " should i try that or no?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Aug 2013   #16
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

This is what I see. Is this what you see?
Yes I have refreshed several time. When back to home page of the Forum.
-------------------------

Computer type PC/Desktop
OS Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
CPU AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-870A-USB3
Memory 8.00 GB
Graphics Card (1) AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series (2) AMD Radeon HD 6800 Serie
Sound Card (1) AMD High Definition Audio Device (2) Realtek High Defi
Screen Resolution (1) 1280 x 720 x 32 bits (4294967296 colors) @ 60 Hz (2) 1

Hard Drives (1) Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 ATA Device (2) Multi Flash Reader USB Device

--------------------------------
Please point out to me if you would where the Vaas computer is underclocked.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Aug 2013   #17
herqulees

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Vaas View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by herqulees View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Vaas View Post
This is what i see when i open HWMoniter Let me know if im supposed to be looking at a dif tab or w.e

@Herqulees my water cooling is attached to the cpu fine, the fan is spinning perfect, and i can hear the water pumping as always so i don't think there's anything wrong with it (i might be wrong tho)

thanks so much for the replys guys, means alot!
Vaas
How about the air coming out of the radiator? Is it cool, warm, very hot? Have you done anything in the BIOS to disable the CPUs power saving features? You have almost the same CPU I had on an old gaming build of mine (AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition @3.4GHz) and when I disabled the power saving features in BIOS the temps skyrocketed. From an idle of 25-30C to 55-65C after it was running for awhile.
EDIT: It's called AMD Cool and Quiet and was listed in my BIOS as CPU Phase Control.
The air coming out of the radiator is slightly cool, i went into bios and my AMD Cool and quiet was already set to "Auto" (there was no enable feature) also something worth mentioning is that my case feels is fairly cool if that matters at all.

Gosh this is annoying thanks alot for the reply!
Vaas
Then what about the cooling hoses going to and from the CPU? If they are both cool and/or even in temperature then I believe you have a failing cooling pump, only able to move just enough coolant to keep the computer from shutting down.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Aug 2013   #18
herqulees

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
This is what I see. Is this what you see?
Yes I have refreshed several time. When back to home page of the Forum.
-------------------------

Computer type PC/Desktop
OS Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
CPU AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-870A-USB3
Memory 8.00 GB
Graphics Card (1) AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series (2) AMD Radeon HD 6800 Serie
Sound Card (1) AMD High Definition Audio Device (2) Realtek High Defi
Screen Resolution (1) 1280 x 720 x 32 bits (4294967296 colors) @ 60 Hz (2) 1

Hard Drives (1) Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 ATA Device (2) Multi Flash Reader USB Device

--------------------------------
Please point out to me if you would where the Vaas computer is underclocked.
He states in his OP that it is running at 2.1GHz, but that model CPU is rated for 3.2GHz. EDIT: And yes that's what I see, when he started this thread all he had written was Windows 7 64bit.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Aug 2013   #19
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

herqulees please answer my post #16.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Aug 2013   #20
herqulees

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
herqulees please answer my post #17.
Read my edit, sorry I posted before I finished thinking. Lol (Assuming you mean post #16)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 CPU Temps way to high please help




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Very high CPU usage, causing very high laptop CPU temps (90c idle)
This problem began yesterday. I noticed my CPU was at 90C constantly with very high CPU usage (>50%). I had no major programs running. I rebooted several times and the program persisted. 1. I went into safe mode and everything was normal. So this rules out hardware issues. 2. I reformatted and...
Performance & Maintenance
CPU with high temps!
I installed a Quad q6600 on my board and replaced the thermal paste,the issue is that my temps are going very high... 48/50 on idle and 65/70 on full ... The thermal paste that i applied was white "silicon based"... And before i applied the cooler had just the preapplied paste and gone nice back...
Hardware & Devices
High temps with GTX 560 non Ti
Hi, So i'm bit worried about what temps i'm seeing with this card i have just bought today (This one to be exact http://uk.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/NVIDIA_Series/ENGTX560_DC2DI1GD5/) With the latest Nvidia drivers 301.42 i saw it hit 100c within Dirt 3 :eek:. And with 285.62 drivers it gets to...
Graphic Cards
Are my temps to high?
Okay just want to make sure my temps are not too high because its like 80 deg up stairs in my house and that's where the computer is. http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad70/jessejw/temps.png One other question is it okay if I added a fan to my case blowing out? I only have one fan...
Hardware & Devices
CPU temps seem very high =/
So I download hwmonitor to check my temps and my cpu's are at a constant 84-90 degrees celcius... which is around 190 degrees farenheit... Is this too high? It is an amd turion x2 64bit processor at 2100 mhz. Is there a program I can use to turn my fan speed up? I'm on a laptop
Performance & Maintenance
High Temps?
I was wondering if this is normal? I mean just look at how high the temperatures are on my Intel Pentium D 2.80GHz and my Nvidia 9600GT video card. CPUID HWMonitor Report ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Binaries...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:05.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App