Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Upgraded case - Multiple Issues - Front audio not working + USB cutout


12 Aug 2013   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 
Upgraded case - Multiple Issues - Front audio not working + USB cutout

Hey there, so i changed my PC case today and have been having the following issues:

Speakers plugged into the rear panel work fine however when i plug my headset into the front panel i can't hear any sound / it doesnt work at all.

Also, my wireless network stick and keyboard keep randomly cutting out?

Any help appreciated.

I am using the AC 97 adapter by the way, when i tried HD audio nothing worked so i changed it


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Aug 2013   #2

Win8/8.1,Win7-U64, Vista U64, uncounted Linux distor's
 
 

Your motherboard manual well have a chapter on configuring the front panel audio. If you don't have a manual google well locate one for you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Aug 2013   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

I managed to fix the issue with sound, however i still have a problem with my wireless network stick and keyboard,

It's definetly not the USB slot as i have tried multiple slots, what happens is that my wireless stick will suddenly not be recognized by the computer and my net will d/c , then i have to replug it to get connection again, whenever this happens the keyboard disconnects with it too?

The keyboard and mouse are definitely not broken and i'm not sure what else this could be
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


13 Aug 2013   #4

Windows 7, 64 bit Home SP1, Win 8.1.1 Pro 64 bit
 
 

In most new/newer motherboards (and if you have an i5 it is a newer motherboard) and cases the HD Audio connector should be used, as it has sensing that the older AC97 does not have. If the HDAudio conector does not work, it may be paritially or fully disconnected from the front panel assembly. I had that happen one time with a new coolermaster case.

Plug in the Keyboard on the rear to one USB hub. Try plugging the Wi-Fi adapter into a different USB hub. Most motherboards have more than one USB hub.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Aug 2013   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
In most new/newer motherboards (and if you have an i5 it is a newer motherboard) and cases the HD Audio connector should be used, as it has sensing that the older AC97 does not have. If the HDAudio conector does not work, it may be paritially or fully disconnected from the front panel assembly. I had that happen one time with a new coolermaster case.

Plug in the Keyboard on the rear to one USB hub. Try plugging the Wi-Fi adapter into a different USB hub. Most motherboards have more than one USB hub.
Tried that, didn't work, i just turned on my PC and the keyboard wasn't working from boot, i got the the windows login page and tried to type my password and realized the keyboard wasn't working, even though i just turned on the computer. Then i replugged the keyboard and it is working again, no idea what is causing this?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Aug 2013   #6

Windows 7, 64 bit Home SP1, Win 8.1.1 Pro 64 bit
 
 

Oh, then that is a basic PC/motherboard issue and not really a Windows problem, assuming the keyboard is not flakey and the problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Aug 2013   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
Oh, then that is a basic PC/motherboard issue and not really a Windows problem, assuming the keyboard is not flakey and the problem.

No the keyboard is definitely fine, have tested it on another computer, how would i fix this? is it a driver issue or something?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Aug 2013   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Ok now i'm having other issues, just opened skype and i cant make any calls as "skype cannot access my sound card"

someone please help what is wrong with my computer
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Aug 2013   #9
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

If the setup was all well in the old case, I suspect you forgot something in the transfer. It could be a misplaced motherboard standoff is touching the back of the board, a power connector not fully seated, or a loose connector in the front panel as Fireberd said.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Aug 2013   #10

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
If the setup was all well in the old case, I suspect you forgot something in the transfer. It could be a misplaced motherboard standoff is touching the back of the board, a power connector not fully seated, or a loose connector in the front panel as Fireberd said.
The only USB connector i have plugged in is the one that says "USB" and i plugged it into the port "F_USB1"

what is a misplaced motherboard standoff?

COULD IT BE THIS ISSUE: The screws in the motherboard did not line up for only ONE of the holes, so i simply left it with nothing in it, however every other screw lined up correctly , just this one didn't as there was no hole at all beneath it to screw into, so i didn't plug anything into it, could that be the issue?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Upgraded case - Multiple Issues - Front audio not working + USB cutout




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33