Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How to get the JEDEC value that is listed under SPD?


09 Sep 2013   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
How to get the JEDEC value that is listed under SPD?

Here is a question that has been bothering me since yesterday. On SPD, I see a few JEDEC possibilities for my ram. I know how to set the XMP, by using profile1, but I actually went back to a manual timing and set it @ 9-9-9-24 @ 1600mhz. What I want to know is how I can get JEDEC#7 timings on the picture I attached. When I was in the bios, where you pick your timing such as 1333, 1600, 1866, I do not see a 1676 option. Now hear me out, before yesterday, before I got the new Mushkin ram, I did not know much if anything about changing timings, XMP and such, so I am a fast learner. Is there a way to get those JEDEC #7 timings set up in my rig. I know I would have to go for 11-11-11-30, but that is not an issue. And I am insinuating that since it's in the SPD section it is somehow doable. I just don't know the procedure. My exact specs are listed in my profile so if anyone feels up helping me out, I would be grateful Also wanted to add that I have my DRAM Voltages set to auto, well in fact the entire System Voltage section is set to auto. Not sure if that helps any.



Attached Images
  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Sep 2013   #2

Windows 8.1 Pro | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
 
 

cranky, change from choosing preset values to manual settings in your Bios
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Sep 2013   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dude View Post
cranky, change from choosing preset values to manual settings in your Bios
Hmm I wonder which Value to change in my bios for that...oh boy this will take time. Do you know the name by any chance of what I am looking for? Am I going to have to up the bus multiplier a bit?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


09 Sep 2013   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Here is what I did exactly. I set System Voltages to Manual, left everything normal , except for DRAM Voltage, and set that to 1.500 as specified by Mushkin. I went into DRAM Config, and set DDR3 Timings to manual, but I only see a few multipliers in there which give me either 1033, 1333, 1600, 1866. I don't see any other numbers to multiply by to get 838mhz. I also set the correct timings as 9-9-9-24 manually. What am I missing that I can't get my ram to run at 1676mhz. I know it's not a boost at all, but this is more of a learning experience and I really want to learn this stuff. And trust me when I say I am googling my buns off as much as I can but I am not finding anything useful. Will I have to OC the CPU to get more precise ram clocks. I am only trying to get 1676mhz because in SPD it says my ram is capable of 838MHz 11-11-11-30 1.500V. So what can I do?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Sep 2013   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by crankypenguin View Post
Here is what I did exactly. I set System Voltages to Manual, left everything normal , except for DRAM Voltage, and set that to 1.500 as specified by Mushkin. I went into DRAM Config, and set DDR3 Timings to manual, but I only see a few multipliers in there which give me either 1033, 1333, 1600, 1866. I don't see any other numbers to multiply by to get 838mhz. I also set the correct timings as 9-9-9-24 manually. What am I missing that I can't get my ram to run at 1676mhz. I know it's not a boost at all, but this is more of a learning experience and I really want to learn this stuff. And trust me when I say I am googling my buns off as much as I can but I am not finding anything useful. Will I have to OC the CPU to get more precise ram clocks. I am only trying to get 1676mhz because in SPD it says my ram is capable of 838MHz 11-11-11-30 1.500V. So what can I do?
When over clocking any AMD machine using the FSB will bring the ram up

Multi just brings the CPU freq up but using FSB makes the Mhz of the ram go up like say if you are at Multi 18 and fsb 205 you should be somewhere like 4.2 ghz just speculation

but the more FSB the higher the ram goes if you already manually set values try leaving your base clock on and upping the FSB but when you do this you might have to drop the multi lower to compensate because the fsb also makes the CPU CLOCK go up as well
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2013   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by crankypenguin View Post
Here is what I did exactly. I set System Voltages to Manual, left everything normal , except for DRAM Voltage, and set that to 1.500 as specified by Mushkin. I went into DRAM Config, and set DDR3 Timings to manual, but I only see a few multipliers in there which give me either 1033, 1333, 1600, 1866. I don't see any other numbers to multiply by to get 838mhz. I also set the correct timings as 9-9-9-24 manually. What am I missing that I can't get my ram to run at 1676mhz. I know it's not a boost at all, but this is more of a learning experience and I really want to learn this stuff. And trust me when I say I am googling my buns off as much as I can but I am not finding anything useful. Will I have to OC the CPU to get more precise ram clocks. I am only trying to get 1676mhz because in SPD it says my ram is capable of 838MHz 11-11-11-30 1.500V. So what can I do?
When over clocking any AMD machine using the FSB will bring the ram up

Multi just brings the CPU freq up but using FSB makes the Mhz of the ram go up like say if you are at Multi 18 and fsb 205 you should be somewhere like 4.2 ghz just speculation

but the more FSB the higher the ram goes if you already manually set values try leaving your base clock on and upping the FSB but when you do this you might have to drop the multi lower to compensate because the fsb also makes the CPU CLOCK go up as well
Would I have to bring the Bulldozer 6100 voltage up too? Along with Bus x multiplier ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How to get the JEDEC value that is listed under SPD?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: How to get the JEDEC value that is listed under SPD?
Thread Forum
Solved SP1 Not Listed in WU Windows Updates & Activation
Devices Listed As Ejectable Hardware & Devices
my network it's listed twice Network & Sharing
every track is listed twice? Media Center
No speakers listed Sound & Audio
Folder not listed General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33