Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Show Us Your Rig [6]

30 Jan 2014   #1601
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
Tony, Great to see another hard drive whore, Killer rig !
You wanna see a HDD whore:

Show Us Your Rig [6]-backup-drive-storage.01.2.jpg

In addition to what's in the drawer in the photo:

One additional 3.5" HDD in my credit union safe deposit box (one of the HDDs in the photo is also now there)
Two 3.5" HDDs and a SSD in my desktop machine (have room for up to four more HDDs)
One SSD in my notebook
Two 2.5" HDDs in my notebook case
Two more 2.5" HDDs not shown in the photo but now kept in the drawer.
One 2.5" SSHD




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
30 Jan 2014   #1602
linnemeyerhere

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
Tony, Great to see another hard drive whore, Killer rig !
You wanna see a HDD whore:

Attachment 304093

In addition to what's in the drawer in the photo:

One additional 3.5" HDD in my credit union safe deposit box (one of the HDDs in the photo is also now there)
Two 3.5" HDDs and a SSD in my desktop machine (have room for up to four more HDDs)
One SSD in my notebook
Two 2.5" HDDs in my notebook case
Two more 2.5" HDDs not shown in the photo but now kept in the drawer.
One 2.5" SSHD
That's fantastic and I love the white glove treatment ! I'm staring at 12 active hard drives and two flash cards on one of 5 rigs but if I would add all of mine up if it's not close to 25 it's only off one. Don't even get me started with sd card or micro sd cards and then old school CF's. Then moving into pen drives..........it's a sickness ! So glad I'm in good company, I understand that I can put all this in the clouds but I'm not ready yet !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2014   #1603
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
Tony, Great to see another hard drive whore, Killer rig !
You wanna see a HDD whore:

Attachment 304093

In addition to what's in the drawer in the photo:

One additional 3.5" HDD in my credit union safe deposit box (one of the HDDs in the photo is also now there)
Two 3.5" HDDs and a SSD in my desktop machine (have room for up to four more HDDs)
One SSD in my notebook
Two 2.5" HDDs in my notebook case
Two more 2.5" HDDs not shown in the photo but now kept in the drawer.
One 2.5" SSHD
That's fantastic and I love the white glove treatment ! I'm staring at 12 active hard drives and two flash cards on one of 5 rigs but if I would add all of mine up if it's not close to 25 it's only off one. Don't even get me started with sd card or micro sd cards and then old school CF's. Then moving into pen drives..........it's a sickness ! So glad I'm in good company, I understand that I can put all this in the clouds but I'm not ready yet !
Omigosh! I can't even imagine how much time and money it would take to store all that in the cloud!

The "white gloves" are antistatic gloves. I live in a dry climate and have vinyl floors so static is a huge problem.

Other than three otherwise would be retired USB 2.0 sticks that I keep my Macrium Reflect recovery software on and another one I keep in my purse with my phone book and Internet Favorites on it, all my USB 3.0 sticks (ten) are only used for temporary storage or transfer of data; they stay empty the rest of the time. Three are in my desk, three in my notebook bag, and four are in my purse.

The same for the SD cards I have. I have four 8GB Class 10 Kingstons, one in my big camera, one in my smaller camera, and two in my purse. I also have some old Class 4 SanDisks I keep in my purse if I want to transfer some data to someone and there is a chance I may not see the card again. I also have an old 32GB Class 4 SanDisk I keep in my purse for temporary photo backup when on the road (I also temporarily backup photos, when on the road, to my Amazon Cloud Drive and to my notebook, which also gets backed up to one of the HDDs in my notebook bag).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Jan 2014   #1604
Indianatone

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and numerous virtual machines
 
 

Continuing on the hard drive scene, here is my other main system. Same case, motherboard, 6 spinners, FX 8350 @3.7Ghz without doing anything, 16gb GSkill 1600 Mhz ram and a silent Radeon HD 6770 with another Soundblaster X Fi card. Whats on all those drives I here you ask, back ups of what is on the other systems, music, photos and virtual machines? Scores not so good as there is no SSD but this one is my back up and email and general purpose rig.


Attached Thumbnails
Show Us Your Rig [6]-1.jpg   Show Us Your Rig [6]-2.jpg   Show Us Your Rig [6]-2014-01-30-12_42_44-control-panel_all-control-panel-items_system.png   Show Us Your Rig [6]-2014-01-30-12_50_00-control-panel_all-control-panel-items_performance-information-tools.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2014   #1605
Indianatone

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and numerous virtual machines
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
I picked up a new monitor locally last night, a Dell U2713HM 2560x1440 resolution. They are going for like £460 on Amazon UK new. This one is 9 months old, immaculate and cost me £275.
It is very nice.
Having been in the Monitor and TV repair industry since I left school one of the things people underestimate the importance of is the picture quality of the display. We spend a lot of hours in front of them and the better quality the image the more enjoyable the experience. Great Monitor Paul.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2014   #1606
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Indianatone View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Nice rigs CriticalError and Tony.

Tony, what is this on your Explorer?
Attachment 304051
Gary it is Classic Shell. It comes with a few add on's such New Folder, Delete, Copy Paste ans so on. You can customize it to add programs and system tools and functions.
Classic Explorer
Thank you, I'll give it a test drive.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
I picked up a new monitor locally last night, a Dell U2713HM 2560x1440 resolution. They are going for like £460 on Amazon UK new. This one is 9 months old, immaculate and cost me £275.
It is very nice.
Sweet Paul, what is the diagonal measurement?
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
Tony, Great to see another hard drive whore, Killer rig !
You wanna see a HDD whore:

Attachment 304093

In addition to what's in the drawer in the photo:

One additional 3.5" HDD in my credit union safe deposit box (one of the HDDs in the photo is also now there)
Two 3.5" HDDs and a SSD in my desktop machine (have room for up to four more HDDs)
One SSD in my notebook
Two 2.5" HDDs in my notebook case
Two more 2.5" HDDs not shown in the photo but now kept in the drawer.
One 2.5" SSHD
Quite a collection you have.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Indianatone View Post
Continuing on the hard drive scene, here is my other main system. Same case, motherboard, 6 spinners, FX 8350 @3.7Ghz without doing anything, 16gb GSkill 1600 Mhz ram and a silent Radeon HD 6770 with another Soundblaster X Fi card. Whats on all those drives I here you ask, back ups of what is on the other systems, music, photos and virtual machines? Scores not so good as there is no SSD but this one is my back up and email and general purpose rig.
Very nice "back up" rig Tony.

While I don't collect drives, I currently have 6 in use in 3 rigs and 14 USB flash sticks, 4 of them 64GB.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2014   #1607
Indianatone

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and numerous virtual machines
 
 

I am fitting another Video Card in my Back up - back up rig (3rd Machine) this evening so will post pictures of that later. Can't have enough backups.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2014   #1608
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

True, I have an old Dell laptop and a custom desktop, just in case.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2014   #1609
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dude View Post
Nice one Paul
Thanks Doug

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Indianatone View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
I picked up a new monitor locally last night, a Dell U2713HM 2560x1440 resolution. They are going for like £460 on Amazon UK new. This one is 9 months old, immaculate and cost me £275.
It is very nice.
Having been in the Monitor and TV repair industry since I left school one of the things people underestimate the importance of is the picture quality of the display. We spend a lot of hours in front of them and the better quality the image the more enjoyable the experience. Great Monitor Paul.
Cheers Tony, indeed I agree and am very pleased to finally have a top notch screen.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Sweet Paul, what is the diagonal measurement?
Well it measures 27" diagonally Gary. It's 13" 1/4 vertical and 23" 5/8 horizontal.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2014   #1610
COMPUTIAC

Windows 8.1.1 64bit
 
 

Very nice monitor paul, I bet you can be 20' away and still see it clearly.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Show Us Your Rig [6]




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Show Us Your Rig [8]
Spring is on and is beautifully sunny, flowered trees are green and diffuse their scents...:) My desk is lightened by...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Subfolders does not show in OWA, but show in Outlook.
Hi! Running server 2008 with exchange server. The user is using both OWA webmail and local Outlook. User got multiple inbox's to access, 1 personal and 2 for the company. The personal one got subfolders which shows in OWA, but the problem is the other folders. They are only needed by this 1...
Microsoft Office
HDDs Show in BIOS, But Do Not Show in Disk Management
Hello, A newbie here that just completed a first-time new Win7 PC build. Successful installation of Win7 Pro on WD 600GB 10000 system drive. Went back and installed 4 additional HDD. (2) WD Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM and (2) WD Caviar 7200 500GB HDD from XP system that were used for storage. ...
Hardware & Devices
Show us your Wig
:haha:
Chillout Room
backup files will only show up if i click show hidden files and folder
Hey Guys, I cannot find a soultion to this problem. I was using my desktop like normal then an error came up saying that there was a hdd failure, and that i needed to scan for errors. all my files disappeared and only this error would come up. There would be hundreds of the same msg spamed on my...
Backup and Restore
show hidden folders show file extensions thru registry
I am trying to setup a default user or machine setup for how win7 handles folder view options. I want show hidden folders to be set to on for all users and the hide extensions for know file types to be unchecked or turned off ffor all users (so extensions show) I have located them in the registry...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App