Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: OC Help

08 Oct 2013   #41
N00berG00ber

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Again, instant freeze while starting prime. Should I call Asus and get a new board?

Or do you think . s the CPU? When I did the 5.3ghz over clock, I did push a LOT of volts into the cpu. However I did notice that a. er the 5.2ghz OC, no matter what voltage I used, I could not get it to boot windows. Maybe some damage was done there to yhe CPU? Like if it were the mobo, id imagine it would fail prime even when at stock settings..... Rite?

OK its getting to test 4 about in prime and then it freezes.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
08 Oct 2013   #42
N00berG00ber

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

ok heres the deal.

its not staying stable for nothing! no matter what settings, voltages, nothing. it just wont become stable.

I know im not doing anthing wrong cause all you have to do is increase the multi and voltage. im using around the voltage I should be, I just don't understand what is going on. which leads me to believe its a hardare failure.

so do you think its the CPU or MOBO?

and what should I do?

try and get an RMA for the 6th time, RMA the CPU (try to at least), or sell this mobo and buy another one? I really don't want to spend any more money on this. I spent like $150 in shipping!


EDIT: im going to try and RMA the CPU first. im running prime now all at stock speeds. trying to see if it crashes or just shuts down.

so far it hasent shut down or froze.... i think its the CPU thats angry at my 5.2ghz OC. i kinda dont blame it. owell, you wont see me on that board anymore!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2013   #43
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

I stand by my last post.

You could RMA them both or you could sell them both and buy something else instead.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Oct 2013   #44
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
I stand by my last post.

You could RMA them both or you could sell them both and buy something else instead.

he told me it was more stable with llc off so I am thinking he should let the llc kick rocks and find out if he can get it working another way

But yeah I also suggested a better board but he doesn't want to spend on that and it's understandable

I told him if it runs at stock then he should be cool those chips on stock go to 4.2 ghz on turbo anyway really no need to push it honestly 400mhz is a minor impact which he shouldn't be focusing on because he will not get any more frames unless he is playing with his GPU
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2013   #45
N00berG00ber

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Here's what I'm going to do. If amd accepts my RMA I will RMA it.. And if not. I'll just set it to the 4.6 at 1.476v and leave it. If I run into problems. I'll lower it etc.

I'm not buying another mobo or CPU. It ran Intel for about 10mins before crash.

The. CPU runs fine at stock speeds.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2013   #46
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Just go Intel, AMD are too tricky and can often cause issues.....Runs and hides from barrage of insults
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2013   #47
Dude

Windows 10 Pro X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Just go Intel, AMD are too tricky and can often cause issues.....Runs and hides from barrage of insults
Intel...No AMD... Nooooo Nvidia yep, that's a can you just opened Paul
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2013   #48
N00berG00ber

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Whelp truth be told, I only use for games and editing. And my 6350 is perfect for that.


Alright. So everyone thinks that this is a CPU issue and not a mobo issue correct?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2013   #49
Dude

Windows 10 Pro X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by N00berG00ber View Post
Whelp truth be told, I only use for games and editing. And my 6350 is perfect for that.


Alright. So everyone thinks that this is a CPU issue and not a mobo issue correct?
I am not sure what is is myself. I do not know enough about AMD to help. I can say that after doing some extreme OCing (5Ghz and up) and then putting stress on them it can throw you for a loop. I did that and ended up clearing cmos no help. I put it back to stock, let it sit several hours, even re imaged and luckily I am still good.

I know you said you went back to stock settings, but for how long? Try giving it and extended break, then go stock and slowly back up to 4.6. Remember 4.6 is a good OC, not everyone can go up to 5 and beyond
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2013   #50
N00berG00ber

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dude View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by N00berG00ber View Post
Whelp truth be told, I only use for games and editing. And my 6350 is perfect for that.


Alright. So everyone thinks that this is a CPU issue and not a mobo issue correct?
I am not sure what is is myself. I do not know enough about AMD to help. I can say that after doing some extreme OCing (5Ghz and up) and then putting stress on them it can throw you for a loop. I did that and ended up clearing cmos no help. I put it back to stock, let it sit several hours, even re imaged and luckily I am still good.

I know you said you went back to stock settings, but for how long? Try giving it and extended break, then go stock and slowly back up to 4.6
just to test prime. its acting so strange. one boot is semi stable in prime, then next, it just shuts down or freezes....

ok, i set it all to stock, turned off my PSU, until i get my answer from AMD, i will run stock
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 OC Help




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App