Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards [2]

15 Sep 2014   #1141
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Good, that overclocking guide is good. That is exactly the way I have my bios set up, as do several others on the overclocking forum. It works.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
15 Sep 2014   #1142
kbrady1979

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
 
 

I would only delid if it wasn't my main rig, and I was having severe heat issues.......I qualify for neither. That guide though, it's good stuff!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Sep 2014   #1143
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kbrady1979 View Post
I would only delid if it wasn't my main rig, and I was having severe heat issues.......I qualify for neither. That guide though, it's good stuff!
I agree Kelly. Would you hazard a guess of how many times it has been linked in this thread?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Sep 2014   #1144
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

@kbrady1979, yes you're right, to delid you must have severe heat issue but i guess i am making a choice now. I do not mind is my main rig, I've already Oc'ed well on it.

BTW, I just unmounted my Core i5 K to check if i do have the right razor blade....
The one i've got is too thick, i gotta better go to a barber blade one, those are thin enough, though!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Sep 2014   #1145
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Br careful NoN, if I am not mistaken Tw33k and I think Gary Britton bot ruined a chip doing it. They both hit the die or scratched the PCB as I recall. It completely ruined the chip. So, be very careful. it's not for the faint of heart. I would advise you , if you can't afford to replace it, don't try it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Sep 2014   #1146
jeepmann4x4

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Br careful NoN, if I am not mistaken Tw33k and I think Gary Britton bot ruined a chip doing it. They both hit the die or scratched the PCB as I recall. It completely ruined the chip. So, be very careful. it's not for the faint of heart. I would advise you , if you can't afford to replace it, don't try it.
I remember that, I do believe Gary(Britton) hit the PCB with a razorblade

Found them...lol (I think)

Gary--- Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards

Gary 2--- Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards [2]

Tw33k--- Post Your Overclock! [2]
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Sep 2014   #1147
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Yeah, I remember now that Gary's 3770k scratching the pcb....

Tw33k only half succeeded at it, and only one dimm was working ?!? (BTW, no post from him since 21 Apr 2013).

Edit:
On my Core i can see the black glued stuff they have used coming out in a little bead, Might try to use that bead for the blade not to scratch any..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Sep 2014   #1148
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoN View Post
Yeah, I remember now that Gary's 3770k scratching the pcb....

Tw33k only half succeeded at it, and only one dimm was working ?!? (BTW, no post from him since 21 Apr 2013).

Edit:
On my Core i can see the black glued stuff they have used coming out in a little bead, Might try to use that bead for the blade not to scratch any..
Good luck and be careful NoN. I guess you will be after a 3770K if it goes wrong. Nice excuse for an upgrade lol.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Sep 2014   #1149
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoN View Post
Yeah, I remember now that Gary's 3770k scratching the pcb....

Tw33k only half succeeded at it, and only one dimm was working ?!? (BTW, no post from him since 21 Apr 2013).

Edit:
On my Core i can see the black glued stuff they have used coming out in a little bead, Might try to use that bead for the blade not to scratch any..
Good luck and be careful NoN. I guess you will be after a 3770K if it goes wrong. Nice excuse for an upgrade lol.
Thanks Paul,

Nah, i do not think i will go with an i7 K...if..., could have been but my motherboard is not enough high-end made for such cost...By the time they should have fixed that i5 K with a revision.
Do cross fingers actually.

Damn, is very tight & strong made that black glue stuff...i can understand some rip off with that blade. Might it had goes harder with time and heat?!?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Sep 2014   #1150
kbrady1979

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kbrady1979 View Post
I would only delid if it wasn't my main rig, and I was having severe heat issues.......I qualify for neither. That guide though, it's good stuff!
I agree Kelly. Would you hazard a guess of how many times it has been linked in this thread?
Several times! It's a great guide and I've never known anyone to follow it that didn't have great results.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards [2]




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards
The Official Seven Forums Overclock Leaderboards After some discussions between several members, I have created a new leaderboards thread. Obviously there is still the http://www.sevenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/251850-post-your-overclock-2-a-73.html thread, but I thought it would...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Home Security Shootout: Which Watchdog is Leader of the Pack?
Read more at: Maximum PC | Home Security Shootout: Which Watchdog is Leader of the Pack?
Chillout Room
Apple the new world leader in software insecurity
Source - Apple the new world leader in software insecurity
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:52.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App