Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards [2]

16 Nov 2013   #561
Indianatone

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and numerous virtual machines
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ganjiry View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Indianatone View Post
Hi Ladies and Gents. Not really into over clocking but since my wife's machine barfed I put my motherboard in her machine to save a major reinstall and configuration job I got myself a new motherboard and CPU to play with. See Specs. The machine is clocking the CPU @3.7 Ghz without doing anything. Anyone have any advice on how to tweak for maybe 4Ghz or so on all cores?
Good to see you Indianatone
You should find plenty of info about overclocking Vishera in this thread BSOD After using ASUS Sabertooth 990FX MOBO OC Utility.
If there's anything you need to ask just gis a shout mate I'm not awake yet though
Thank you ganjiry, Ill read, learn and hopefully push this up a little. Does it matter that this is an 8 core compared to the 6 core FX6300? I have the FX8320. I don't want to break it!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
16 Nov 2013   #562
ganjiry

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Indianatone View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ganjiry View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Indianatone View Post
Hi Ladies and Gents. Not really into over clocking but since my wife's machine barfed I put my motherboard in her machine to save a major reinstall and configuration job I got myself a new motherboard and CPU to play with. See Specs. The machine is clocking the CPU @3.7 Ghz without doing anything. Anyone have any advice on how to tweak for maybe 4Ghz or so on all cores?
Good to see you Indianatone
You should find plenty of info about overclocking Vishera in this thread BSOD After using ASUS Sabertooth 990FX MOBO OC Utility.
If there's anything you need to ask just gis a shout mate I'm not awake yet though
Thank you ganjiry, Ill read, learn and hopefully push this up a little. Does it matter that this is an 8 core compared to the 6 core FX6300? I have the FX8320. I don't want to break it!
You're welcome chap
No it doesn't make any difference chap, they're pretty much the same cpu apart from the amout of cores
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Nov 2013   #563
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

glad to see you up and about Tony. The Hoosier air will do you good, lol.

Watch the temps closely, AMDs can get too hot fast. Use Core temp and set the overheat protection to power down at about 10C before your max temp.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Nov 2013   #564
ganjiry

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
glad to see you up and about Tony. The Hoosier air will do you good, lol.

Watch the temps closely, AMDs can get too hot fast. Use Core temp and set the overheat protection to power down at about 10C before your max temp.
Core temp isn't very good when it comes to AMD cpu's, Either HWmonitor,HWinfo64 or AIDA64 are better and show you the core and socket temp's. Here's some good info on AMD temp's AMD Temp Information and Guide the The programs I listed above will show a rediculously low core temp when the cpu is idle as it's not accurate untill around 40-45c so for idle temp's just check the socket temp for a rough idea.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Nov 2013   #565
Indianatone

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and numerous virtual machines
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
glad to see you up and about Tony. The Hoosier air will do you good, lol.

Watch the temps closely, AMDs can get too hot fast. Use Core temp and set the overheat protection to power down at about 10C before your max temp.
Thanks Gary, got a Cooler master Hyper 212 with push pull fans. I'll set that to turbo when I play with it. Should keep it cool. Core temp is always running on my machines in any case as I am nerdy that way Runs at 19 to 21 C idle and @ 40C with Prime 95 at 3.7Ghz which seems to be the default.
Hoosier air....the polution form coal fired power stations, crappy cars and pick up trucks, companies pumping God knows what into the atmosphere as Indiana has third world pollution controls, neighbours wood burning fireplaces...yeah lovely cough cough gag gag......
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Nov 2013   #566
crankypenguin

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

For AMD (FX), I have found that Open Hardware monitor and Aida64 are the best for temps. I used a digital Unit-t M890G with k type thermocouples to verify the results as best as I could and both the programs were pretty much on the target.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Nov 2013   #567
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

So, Tony, why did you land here if we have so much bad air? It's cleaner than 80% of the US mate.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Nov 2013   #568
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
So, Tony, why did you land here if we have so much bad air? It's cleaner than 80% of the US mate.
He he Gary well mate it's because us Limeys will try anything once LOL!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Nov 2013   #569
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
So, Tony, why did you land here if we have so much bad air? It's cleaner than 80% of the US mate.
He he Gary well mate it's because us Limeys will try anything once LOL!!
Well he has intimated this is the only place in the world with vehicles that have exhaust or coal fired power plants. The EPA closely controls all types of toxic emissions.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Nov 2013   #570
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
So, Tony, why did you land here if we have so much bad air? It's cleaner than 80% of the US mate.
He he Gary well mate it's because us Limeys will try anything once LOL!!
Well he has intimated this is the only place in the world with vehicles that have exhaust or coal fired power plants. The EPA closely controls all types of toxic emissions.
Oops sorry mate I said it in jest - shouldn't have said anything
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards [2]




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards
The Official Seven Forums Overclock Leaderboards After some discussions between several members, I have created a new leaderboards thread. Obviously there is still the http://www.sevenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/251850-post-your-overclock-2-a-73.html thread, but I thought it would...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Home Security Shootout: Which Watchdog is Leader of the Pack?
Read more at: Maximum PC | Home Security Shootout: Which Watchdog is Leader of the Pack?
Chillout Room
Apple the new world leader in software insecurity
Source - Apple the new world leader in software insecurity
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App