Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Building my PC

31 Jan 2014   #21
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kupalski View Post
Intel Core i7-4770K Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.5 GHZ 8 MB Cache
http://www.amazon.ca/Intel-i7-4770K-...6&keywords=cpu

ASUS Z87-PRO LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Newegg.ca - ASUS Z87-PRO LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard


Geforce Gtx760 Pcie X16 2gb Dual Dvi Hdmi Dp
http://www.amazon.ca/Geforce-Gtx760-...ds=geforce+760

What you guys think of this?
I like the choices. I would also get the Z87-Pro form Amazon.ca too though, much better customer service and retrun policy if needed. http://www.amazon.ca/Asus-Z87-PRO-In...s=ASUS+Z87-PRO

If you were looking to use the rebate on Newegg.ca, you can use it on the purchase from Amazon, it's form ASUS directly.


Minimum 500W or greater system power supply (with a minimum 12V current rating of 30A is needed for the GPU.

http://www3.pny.com/GTX-760-2048MB-PCIe-P3405C589.aspx


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
31 Jan 2014   #22
mjf

Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

Your budget of $1000 looks a bit low for what is turning out to be a high end system. Your CPU and graphics card alone comes to $620. In addition to the mobo and RAM do you need to buy all the other bits; case, psu, OS, monitor, keyboard/mouse.
I agree with the others and like my older ASUS motherboard. Depending on what you plan to do I'd consider a PSU larger than 500W especially if you may get a 2nd graphics card at some stage.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jan 2014   #23
StormTrooper

Windows 8.1 PRO
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kupalski View Post
Intel Core i7-4770K Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.5 GHZ 8 MB Cache
http://www.amazon.ca/Intel-i7-4770K-...6&keywords=cpu

ASUS Z87-PRO LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Newegg.ca - ASUS Z87-PRO LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard


Geforce Gtx760 Pcie X16 2gb Dual Dvi Hdmi Dp
http://www.amazon.ca/Geforce-Gtx760-...ds=geforce+760

What you guys think of this?
I like the choices. I would also get the Z87-Pro form Amazon.ca too though, much better customer service and retrun policy if needed. http://www.amazon.ca/Asus-Z87-PRO-In...s=ASUS+Z87-PRO

If you were looking to use the rebate on Newegg.ca, you can use it on the purchase from Amazon, it's form ASUS directly.


Minimum 500W or greater system power supply (with a minimum 12V current rating of 30A is needed for the GPU.

PNY
Yes sir. That is why I will buy all these parts at amazon. Will you recommend any PSU?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

31 Jan 2014   #24
StormTrooper

Windows 8.1 PRO
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mjf View Post
Your budget of $1000 looks a bit low for what is turning out to be a high end system. Your CPU and graphics card alone comes to $620. In addition to the mobo and RAM do you need to buy all the other bits; case, psu, OS, monitor, keyboard/mouse.
I agree with the others and like my older ASUS motherboard. If you need to trim costs you could consider an i5-4670k and even an AsRock mother board.
I don't need to buy OS, monitor, keyboard/mouse. I still need to buy PSU, RAM, HDD, and Case
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jan 2014   #25
mjf

Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

You can dimension your PSU using
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator
then add a bit.
I'd go for a good name brand eg. Seasonic, Antec, Corsair...not a cheapie.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jan 2014   #26
StormTrooper

Windows 8.1 PRO
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mjf View Post
You can dimension your PSU using
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator
then add a bit.
I'd go for a good name brand eg. Seasonic, Antec, Corsair...not a cheapie.
Thanks Sir. are all the case have standard size of PSU?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jan 2014   #27
mjf

Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

I think it's best to check the case specs with the PSU dimensions. But I'd be surprised if a good name brand case didn't support the popular name brand PSUs. Others may know more.
Also I would go for a good brand case. Look at the ability to tidy up your wiring when using non modular PSUs (all the PSU wiring comes out of the PSU). Look at the fans supplied and those that can be fitted after. Check that the case dimensions fit your CPU cooler. You probably want to have USB3 ports on the front of the case. etc etc. The case manufacturer websites will give all this info.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jan 2014   #28
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

If the case is an ATX it will fit an ATX PSU. The PSU may have some spec like ATC ver 2.01 but the physical size is the same, the version number would indicate the cables included.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Feb 2014   #29
StormTrooper

Windows 8.1 PRO
 
 

Thanks Guys. One more question. Is there anyway I can install Windows when I don't have optical drive? Which case is better the cooler master or azza cases?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Feb 2014   #30
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

This will tell you how to use a bootable USB stick. It's how I've done my last few fresh installs, it runs a bit quicker that from a DVD too.

USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create

I personally give a nod to Cooler Master cases in general, more well know, decent support. I no nothing about Azza though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Building my PC




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Need PC Building Help
I am thinking of building a gaming computer to run games such as Euro Truck Simulator 2 flawlessly on "Ultra" video settings. I need to see if they're are any improvements to be made to this part list. The following part list excludes peripherals (keyboard, mouse, speakers, monitors) and the...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Building a new PC
i've decided to build myself a new computer. my target is a reasonably capable gaming rig in the ~$1,000 USD range here. a friend threw this together for me, but i was hoping to get a second opinion. this is the first time i've ever genuinely built a computer from scratch. i'm hoping i can get this...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Building a PC
Hey guys. I'm just about to assemble a rig for a friend of mine. He's going to use it primarily for daily use and a bit of gaming; not the really intensive games. I want him to be able to run last-year-games on ultra at least. Now, I've been looking at these specific specs, and I wanted a second...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Building a pc - NEED HELP
Hey I have one question(or more, I dont know). Will this components be compatible if not recommend me something else, it cant be costing more than the price I type! This is what I was thinking to build! One more question- can you recommend me a not to expensive cooling fan (for processor) which I...
Hardware & Devices
Building a new PC.
Case: Antec 300 Midtower ( What do you reckon). CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k ( OC to 4.5Ghz); Corsair A50 High Performance CPU Cooler RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws-X 8G Kit(4Gx2) DDR3 2133 F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL Graphic Card: Gigabyte gtx 560ti 1gb Power Supply: COOLER MASTER GX 80+ BRONZE 750w- Power Supply (...
General Discussion
Building a Pc Need Help
Hey Guys i have a laptop and i really want to record minecraft so bad and i need your help i have a budget of 500 Thats $810.90 in usa Im not going to be a huge gamer all i want to do is record minecraft easy on top settings i Would like a AMD Processor not intel because amd is better for...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:12.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App