Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Show Us Your Rig [8]

09 Jun 2015   #1441
Dude

Windows 10 Pro X64
 
 

Looking good!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
09 Jun 2015   #1442
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Looks good, OCIR.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jun 2015   #1443
AddRAM

Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

I see you got the Corsair GTX in there, how are you liking it ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Jun 2015   #1444
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
Thank you lady. You well know it take many days not just a few hours.

By the way before you start pick up a quality solder iron. You will doing a lot of soldering and cable sleeving. A bottle of Old #7 help also.

I have a inspector that watches over my work.

Attachment 362114
So how does well the Water with those Acryl tubings, remembered when you installed it and i'm curious as some says angles in tubing might break the flow but if Acryl tubing had been created might be not that bad...Looks a D5 vario pump to push all that. Looks pretty neat, though!


@GoKay, most of us use cable extensions to be able hide those PSU cables when extra length is really needed. My very first build was like something hairy!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2015   #1445
GokAy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoN View Post
@GoKay, most of us use cable extensions to be able hide those PSU cables when extra length is really needed. My very first build was like something hairy!!
Ah, so that's how you do it Thanks for the info.

I will tidy it up a bit at least when I get the chance.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2015   #1446
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Some of us cheat and use modular PSUs, then make our own custom made cables. While not difficult, 'tis tedious and not for the faint of heart.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2015   #1447
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

By NoN

Quote:
So how does well the Water with those Acryl tubings, remembered when you installed it and i'm curious as some says angles in tubing might break the flow but if Acryl tubing had been created might be not that bad...Looks a D5 vario pump to push all that. Looks pretty neat, though!
Bends in tubing has very little restriction if you use the proper tubing insert when bending.
The insert holds the I.D. dimensions.
As for the change in direction slowing down the flow, one would have to have a lab to test.
I'm thinking it would be less restrictive than a 90 deg coupler.
If one is worried about tubing restriction one could always get tubing with bigger I.D. and O.D.

With a 360 and a 240 radiator slowing coolant down I don't think tubing bends are a problem.
Also keep in mind that coolant can move to fast.
If the coolant moves to fast it doesn't allow proper time for heat transfer from the coolant into the radiator and then remove by the fans. Their is a balance point to all this which I learned when building cooling system for race cars.
Their is a balance to water speed and air speed through the radiators with a certain fin per square inch of the radiator.

I have (2) D5 pumps in the system in a dual reservoir.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2015   #1448
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

Ocirs you have a very neat and tidy build. Air flow should be very good in that case.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2015   #1449
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Diameter being equal, it's the radius of a bend and the number of bends that determines flow restriction. A sharp 90 bend, such as a fitting would have, will create far more restriction than a bend with a larger radius. Also, the more bends there are in a tube, the more restriction will be created.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2015   #1450
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
By NoN

Quote:
So how does well the Water with those Acryl tubings, remembered when you installed it and i'm curious as some says angles in tubing might break the flow but if Acryl tubing had been created might be not that bad...Looks a D5 vario pump to push all that. Looks pretty neat, though!
Bends in tubing has very little restriction if you use the proper tubing insert when bending.
The insert holds the I.D. dimensions.
As for the change in direction slowing down the flow, one would have to have a lab to test.
I'm thinking it would be less restrictive than a 90 deg coupler.
If one is worried about tubing restriction one could always get tubing with bigger I.D. and O.D.

With a 360 and a 240 radiator slowing coolant down I don't think tubing bends are a problem.
Also keep in mind that coolant can move to fast.
If the coolant moves to fast it doesn't allow proper time for heat transfer from the coolant into the radiator and then remove by the fans. Their is a balance point to all this which I learned when building cooling system for race cars.
Their is a balance to water speed and air speed through the radiators with a certain fin per square inch of the radiator.

I have (2) D5 pumps in the system in a dual reservoir.
Thanks for your respond.
I'm running a Laing DDC-3.2 PWM at 70% of its 12v power which is around 3100Rpm (with a 120mm Res tank now) and that's the best result i have. The two fans for the 240mm top radiator running 1200Rpm and for the 120mm radiator i'm running fan at 1600Rpm since i took a slim line 12mm thick. Radiators are 10 Fins per Inches for less Airflow.

Yes, its something to do with the race of the coolant in the parts. Also I can monitor the Temps output since i've install a probe before the coolant go back "In" the Reservoir Tank. It can gives me between 5C to 6C output Temps.

At 100% (4500RPM) the pump heated (i can feel it by touching it) even when installed an "In" Fan just underneath and i've got the worst results. I've using it at that speed sometimes just to move the coolant and clean some bubbles.

@Lady, thanks for clearing that too.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Show Us Your Rig [8]




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Subfolders does not show in OWA, but show in Outlook.
Hi! Running server 2008 with exchange server. The user is using both OWA webmail and local Outlook. User got multiple inbox's to access, 1 personal and 2 for the company. The personal one got subfolders which shows in OWA, but the problem is the other folders. They are only needed by this 1...
Microsoft Office
HDDs Show in BIOS, But Do Not Show in Disk Management
Hello, A newbie here that just completed a first-time new Win7 PC build. Successful installation of Win7 Pro on WD 600GB 10000 system drive. Went back and installed 4 additional HDD. (2) WD Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM and (2) WD Caviar 7200 500GB HDD from XP system that were used for storage. ...
Hardware & Devices
Show us your Wig
:haha:
Chillout Room
backup files will only show up if i click show hidden files and folder
Hey Guys, I cannot find a soultion to this problem. I was using my desktop like normal then an error came up saying that there was a hdd failure, and that i needed to scan for errors. all my files disappeared and only this error would come up. There would be hundreds of the same msg spamed on my...
Backup and Restore
show hidden folders show file extensions thru registry
I am trying to setup a default user or machine setup for how win7 handles folder view options. I want show hidden folders to be set to on for all users and the hide extensions for know file types to be unchecked or turned off ffor all users (so extensions show) I have located them in the registry...
General Discussion
CD-RW & DVD-RW do not show up
I just recently installed 7 64bit over my Vista 64 bit (ultimate) and everything is great so far, except neither of my optical drives are available. Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-1693S MSI CD-RW CR52 I initially got an error on both drives for "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the...
Drivers


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:40.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App