Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Show Us Your Rig [8]

05 Jul 2014   #381
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
With 13 fans the fan headers (2) sure did help a lot. All my fans and the two pumps run at 100%.

I have no problem with the back panel and I got room for more stuff.

Look what I found. It's a bit much but it does show we have room to grow if need be.

This one looks well made too: CaseLabs SMA8 Review, not as big but interesting things in the rigth side panel.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
05 Jul 2014   #382
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

Thank you Steve. I was wondering what those square cut outs were that came with my magnetic filters.

I didn't post this case because it was my choice of cases. If they gave me this case I would go broke trying to fill it.
As far as I know Case Labs is new on the market and I found it interesting and inventive.
I also though some here would also like to take a look.
If this same principle was used but with smaller cases would be a great idea.
I will be watching Case Labs to see what else they come up with.
I remember when Steve pointed out a new case manufacture (Phanteks), so I took a look.
I like it and got the ENTHOO PRIMO. Thank you again Steve.

Many cases today come with fewer and fewer 5 1/4 bays. I'm one that likes 5 1/4 bays in the front of cases and would like them more if they were removable/arrangeable with screws/bolts.

I was also thinking that when new builders read our post they would have a better understanding of how important doing homework on choices of cases. Function in my mind has a higher priority over appearance. When one can find a case that suites both criteria they have done their homework.

Adding chrome to a race car doesn't make it go faster.

Edit:
Thank you linnemeyerhere for the video in post#363.
Singularity Computers does some great work. I will be watching more videos from there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jul 2014   #383
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
...As far as I know Case Labs is new on the market and I found it interesting and inventive.
I also though some here would also like to take a look.
If this same principle was used but with smaller cases would be a great idea.
I will be watching Case Labs to see what else they come up with...
Case Labs has a fantastic concept for casesómodularóbut three things are holding them back: the Tim the Toolman Taylor mentality (bigger is better), the rinkydink HDD cages, and poor air filtering options.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
...I remember when Steve pointed out a new case manufacture (Phanteks), so I took a look.
I like it and got the ENTHOO PRIMO...
Phanteks also has a fantastic concept for cases and they are keeping the price down. I found the Enthoo Pro (a less fancy version of the Primo) to be especially attractive. While not quite truly modular, it is still highly customizable. My biggest complaints with it are the introduction of difficult to seal air leaks (most notably on the back panel with the longer than wide fan grill and the use of long slots instead of multiple fan mounting holes to provide positioning options) and the bass-ackwards HDD cages (had those been designed with a backplane, they would have had a winner).

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
...Many cases today come with fewer and fewer 5 1/4 bays. I'm one that likes 5 1/4 bays in the front of cases and would like them more if they were removable/arrangeable with screws/bolts...
Fewer and fewer people are using optical drives as downloading music and movies becomes more popular so case manufacturers have been reducing the number of 5.25" bays. Even fan controllers are going down in popularity since most MOBOs now are doing a much better job of controlling fan speed themselves and enthusiasts are increasingly being content to allow the MOBOs to do so. However, there still are people who have a need for optical drives, prefer the geek factor of illuminated fan controllers, especially those with impressive LCD readouts and even touch screens, and/or other 5.25" bay devices that are still available. Case manufacturers would be wise to keep these folks in mind.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
...I was also thinking that when new builders read our post they would have a better understanding of how important doing homework on choices of cases. Function in my mind has a higher priority over appearance. When one can find a case that suites both criteria they have done their homework...
I agree, function has a higher priority over appearance but, when has a computer that sets out where everyone and their dog can see it, a case that doesn't stick out like a sore thumb has a huge advantage. And not everyone likes the lit-up-like-Vegas look.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
...Adding chrome to a race car doesn't make it go faster...
It doesn't?!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Jul 2014   #384
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Jack comes up with some good wise sayings, see my sig.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2014   #385
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

lady F, this is the second time I have seen you 'critique' cases you have never owned. Case Labs has been building cases for quite a long time and is probably the top of the line case manufacturer. Phanteks has just started and build some outstanding cases. The real issue is, both manufacturers are building cases for a niche market, which you are not a part of. Most of the people who buy them are looking for something quite different than what you are looking for. Neither one are cases for everyone, but for the niche market they serve are fantastic cases. All of those openings you don't like are there for a reason, and most cases have them, or something similar. They don't put anything in those cases that don't serve a purpose for that Niche market.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2014   #386
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
lady F, this is the second time I have seen you 'critique' cases you have never owned. Case Labs has been building cases for quite a long time and is probably the top of the line case manufacturer. Phanteks has just started and build some outstanding cases. The real issue is, both manufacturers are building cases for a niche market, which you are not a part of. Most of the people who buy them are looking for something quite different than what you are looking for. Neither one are cases for everyone, but for the niche market they serve are fantastic cases. All of those openings you don't like are there for a reason, and most cases have them, or something similar. They don't put anything in those cases that don't serve a purpose for that Niche market.
One doesn't have to own something to be able to " 'critique' " it. In the case of Phanteks and Case Labs, I said that both make great cases, fantastic, in fact, but also pointed out shortcomings I see in their designs and why I feel they are. If you don't agree with my opinions, fine; you are entitled to your opinions, same as I am with mine. These are discussion forums and that is what I am doing; discussing. If you don't like it, build a bridge and get over it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2014   #387
linnemeyerhere

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
Thank you Steve. I was wondering what those square cut outs were that came with my magnetic filters.

I didn't post this case because it was my choice of cases. If they gave me this case I would go broke trying to fill it.
As far as I know Case Labs is new on the market and I found it interesting and inventive.
I also though some here would also like to take a look.
If this same principle was used but with smaller cases would be a great idea.
I will be watching Case Labs to see what else they come up with.
I remember when Steve pointed out a new case manufacture (Phanteks), so I took a look.
I like it and got the ENTHOO PRIMO. Thank you again Steve.

Many cases today come with fewer and fewer 5 1/4 bays. I'm one that likes 5 1/4 bays in the front of cases and would like them more if they were removable/arrangeable with screws/bolts.

I was also thinking that when new builders read our post they would have a better understanding of how important doing homework on choices of cases. Function in my mind has a higher priority over appearance. When one can find a case that suites both criteria they have done their homework.

Adding chrome to a race car doesn't make it go faster.

Edit:
Thank you linnemeyerhere for the video in post#363.
Singularity Computers does some great work. I will be watching more videos from there.
No worries Jack,
I've found that his videos have given me a deeper understanding of water cooled custom builds and I look forward to the video updates as much as I did new Breaking Bad episodes.....now that I think of it, it's like computer crack !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2014   #388
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
lady F, this is the second time I have seen you 'critique' cases you have never owned. Case Labs has been building cases for quite a long time and is probably the top of the line case manufacturer. Phanteks has just started and build some outstanding cases. The real issue is, both manufacturers are building cases for a niche market, which you are not a part of. Most of the people who buy them are looking for something quite different than what you are looking for. Neither one are cases for everyone, but for the niche market they serve are fantastic cases. All of those openings you don't like are there for a reason, and most cases have them, or something similar. They don't put anything in those cases that don't serve a purpose for that Niche market.
One doesn't have to own something to be able to " 'critique' " it. In the case of Phanteks and Case Labs, I said that both make great cases, fantastic, in fact, but also pointed out shortcomings I see in their designs and why I feel they are. If you don't agree with my opinions, fine; you are entitled to your opinions, same as I am with mine. These are discussion forums and that is what I am doing; discussing. If you don't like it, build a bridge and get over it.
They are only 'shortcomings' to you, they are important features for those they are built for.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2014   #389
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Please chill out my friends. In gardening ANY plant you don't want growing is rightly a "weed". Same applies to hardware.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2014   #390
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Finally after saving for a very long time I managed to grab my dream rig. The case is awesome. I challenge anyone to find a nicer case than this! It runs real sweet (I won't list the components cos I don't want to show off!) and the screen is a real joy for multitasking. Gaming on it is out of this world!

I just wish I could have afforded it 20 years ago.


Show Us Your Rig [8]-pp.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Show Us Your Rig [8]




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Subfolders does not show in OWA, but show in Outlook.
Hi! Running server 2008 with exchange server. The user is using both OWA webmail and local Outlook. User got multiple inbox's to access, 1 personal and 2 for the company. The personal one got subfolders which shows in OWA, but the problem is the other folders. They are only needed by this 1...
Microsoft Office
HDDs Show in BIOS, But Do Not Show in Disk Management
Hello, A newbie here that just completed a first-time new Win7 PC build. Successful installation of Win7 Pro on WD 600GB 10000 system drive. Went back and installed 4 additional HDD. (2) WD Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM and (2) WD Caviar 7200 500GB HDD from XP system that were used for storage. ...
Hardware & Devices
Show us your Wig
:haha:
Chillout Room
backup files will only show up if i click show hidden files and folder
Hey Guys, I cannot find a soultion to this problem. I was using my desktop like normal then an error came up saying that there was a hdd failure, and that i needed to scan for errors. all my files disappeared and only this error would come up. There would be hundreds of the same msg spamed on my...
Backup and Restore
show hidden folders show file extensions thru registry
I am trying to setup a default user or machine setup for how win7 handles folder view options. I want show hidden folders to be set to on for all users and the hide extensions for know file types to be unchecked or turned off ffor all users (so extensions show) I have located them in the registry...
General Discussion
CD-RW & DVD-RW do not show up
I just recently installed 7 64bit over my Vista 64 bit (ultimate) and everything is great so far, except neither of my optical drives are available. Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-1693S MSI CD-RW CR52 I initially got an error on both drives for "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the...
Drivers


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:55.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App