Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Show Us Your Rig [8]

02 Nov 2014   #801
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

@ Lady Fitzgerald and anybody else to cares to know.

I just got my new soldering station and it works great. Better than I thought a soldering station ever could.

It does have more setting than I will probably ever use.
When turned on it goes to the pre set 750F in 40 seconds. Which is handy because between soldering jobs you don't have to leave it on.
The cord that goes to the heating iron is very flexible so it doesn't keep trying to wrap around your arm or knock things over.
It's quite heavy for it's size so you don't have to worry about knocking it over.
Their are around 24 different tips you can buy if you have a special need.

The more I use the Hakko FX-888D the cuter the ugly ******* gets.
I would recommend it to anybody who wants to solder with ease.


What do you think. Is it ugly or not?




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
02 Nov 2014   #802
andrew129260

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

looks great bear
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2014   #803
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
@ Lady Fitzgerald and anybody else to cares to know.

I just got my new soldering station and it works great. Better than I thought a soldering station ever could.

It does have more setting than I will probably ever use.
When turned on it goes to the pre set 750F in 40 seconds. Which is handy because between soldering jobs you don't have to leave it on.
The cord that goes to the heating iron is very flexible so it doesn't keep trying to wrap around your arm or knock things over.
It's quite heavy for it's size so you don't have to worry about knocking it over.
Their are around 24 different tips you can buy if you have a special need.

The more I use the Hakko FX-888D the cuter the ugly ******* gets.
I would recommend it to anybody who wants to solder with ease.


What do you think. Is it ugly or not?

See, I told you it was cute!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Nov 2014   #804
alio1300A

OS X 10.5.8 Darwin 9.8.0
 
 
My gear

My pc has a Nvidia GTX760 OC 4gb vram and AMD FX-4350 4.2 GHz OC'ed to 4.8 using a corsair H100I water cooler and a gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P motherboard with a corsair value-select 8Gb DDR3 ram and a WD 1tb velociraptor with a Bitfenix Ronin case and just so you know that is my desktop pc not my laptop
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2014   #805
Dude

Windows 10 Pro X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by alio1300A View Post
My pc has a Nvidia GTX760 OC 4gb vram and AMD FX-4350 4.2 GHz OC'ed to 4.8 using a corsair H100I water cooler and a gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P motherboard with a corsair value-select 8Gb DDR3 ram and a WD 1tb velociraptor with a Bitfenix Ronin case and just so you know that is my desktop pc not my laptop
No pic?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2014   #806
ZaLiTH

Win 10 x64 Pro x64 / Ubuntu 15.10 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GeneO View Post
Zalith that is really nice cable routing you have there. Nice job.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Dang right that's a win!
Thanks.. I'm getting better at this side of things, these tiny cable ties (2.5x100mm) aren't really the easiest to work with though. I ended up using a number of the ties to temporarily hold a few cables while I tied them up at the important points. Ended up going through over 20 ties only to end up with 6 or 7 holding it all. Good thing I got a pack of a hundred then..

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Btw, were you aware that the plastic base that the original HDD cages perched upon is removable? Then again, mayhap you are hiding some wires under it.
I noticed that on my 750D while I was mounting the fans, but I must admit I haven't tried removing that piece from the 600T. But you guessed correctly, I'm hiding a few extra plugs under that at the moment.. Every space has it's use, hmmm?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
What do you think. Is it ugly or not?

Very interesting colour scheme. Not sure if I'd go as far as to call it cute, but if it works even half as well as you say, that's definitely no reason to complain.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2014   #807
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ZaLiTH View Post
...
Very interesting colour scheme. Not sure if I'd go as far as to call it cute, but if it works even half as well as you say, that's definitely no reason to complain. [/QUOTE]

Even ugly can be cute. Look at the old VW Beetles, Pugs, etc.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2014   #808
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post

What do you think. Is it ugly or not?

If it does its job well no matter of the color scheme....for me looks far better than my actual iron solder point, large as a spoon!!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Nov 2014   #809
ZaLiTH

Win 10 x64 Pro x64 / Ubuntu 15.10 x64
 
 

So, today I decided to do some digging and see why the CPU cooler in my AMD system has been getting so noisy the last while, the fan has been going crazy for some reason.

The problem, as it turns out, was a year's worth of dust build up..

Show Us Your Rig [8]-2014-11-08-17.45.38.jpg

To be honest, stripping and cleaning this CNPS9700 wasn't half as difficult as I expected, those screws are tiny.. But it came apart real easy and went back together again with hardly any trouble at all.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Nov 2014   #810
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

You;re lucky. I hear those thing will get you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Show Us Your Rig [8]




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Subfolders does not show in OWA, but show in Outlook.
Hi! Running server 2008 with exchange server. The user is using both OWA webmail and local Outlook. User got multiple inbox's to access, 1 personal and 2 for the company. The personal one got subfolders which shows in OWA, but the problem is the other folders. They are only needed by this 1...
Microsoft Office
HDDs Show in BIOS, But Do Not Show in Disk Management
Hello, A newbie here that just completed a first-time new Win7 PC build. Successful installation of Win7 Pro on WD 600GB 10000 system drive. Went back and installed 4 additional HDD. (2) WD Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM and (2) WD Caviar 7200 500GB HDD from XP system that were used for storage. ...
Hardware & Devices
Show us your Wig
:haha:
Chillout Room
backup files will only show up if i click show hidden files and folder
Hey Guys, I cannot find a soultion to this problem. I was using my desktop like normal then an error came up saying that there was a hdd failure, and that i needed to scan for errors. all my files disappeared and only this error would come up. There would be hundreds of the same msg spamed on my...
Backup and Restore
show hidden folders show file extensions thru registry
I am trying to setup a default user or machine setup for how win7 handles folder view options. I want show hidden folders to be set to on for all users and the hide extensions for know file types to be unchecked or turned off ffor all users (so extensions show) I have located them in the registry...
General Discussion
CD-RW & DVD-RW do not show up
I just recently installed 7 64bit over my Vista 64 bit (ultimate) and everything is great so far, except neither of my optical drives are available. Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-1693S MSI CD-RW CR52 I initially got an error on both drives for "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the...
Drivers


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App