Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Can't Sleep My PC

25 Sep 2014   #1
N00berG00ber

Windows 10 Pro
 
 
Can't Sleep My PC

whats up guys, back with another issue. As usual.


So idk what it is, but for some reason, i can not sleep my PC. when i hit the sleep button it goes to sleep, but when i try and wake it, it just crashes and reboots. this wasnt happening before and nothing has changed in bios...? ideas?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
25 Sep 2014   #2
Dude

Windows 10 Pro X64
 
 

1. Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
2. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
3. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
4. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
5. Click OK.
6. When you are prompted, click Restart.
7. After the computer starts, check whether the problem is resolved.
If your issue is resolved, follow the How to Determine What is Causing the Problem section in the KB article to narrow down the exact source.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135


Source

If that doesn't help, post the dump files
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Sep 2014   #3
N00berG00ber

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

weird.... it seems to be ok now.... ill see how it goes from now....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Sep 2014   #4
AddRAM

Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Gremlins
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Sep 2014   #5
Dude

Windows 10 Pro X64
 
 

Weird isn't it? Are you running a constant OC on your new vid card, or just when you game/bench? That is something that changed for you recently so it could be the cause. I would look at the dump files to see.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Sep 2014   #6
N00berG00ber

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

i was thinking that.. but the OC is only on 3D apps, except memory. but its only a 100MHz overclock. so its nothing major at all.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Sep 2014   #7
Dude

Windows 10 Pro X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by N00berG00ber View Post
i was thinking that.. but the OC is only on 3D apps, except memory.
so post the dump files so we can check. I'm trying to work on my BSOD analysis... work with me here mate
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Sep 2014   #8
N00berG00ber

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dude View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by N00berG00ber View Post
i was thinking that.. but the OC is only on 3D apps, except memory.
so post the dump files so we can check. I'm trying to work on my BSOD analysis... work with me here mate
its not a BSOD lol. it just shuts down when it turns back on... and reboots.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Sep 2014   #9
Dude

Windows 10 Pro X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by N00berG00ber View Post
whats up guys, back with another issue. As usual.


So idk what it is, but for some reason, i can not sleep my PC. when i hit the sleep button it goes to sleep, but when i try and wake it, it just crashes and reboots. this wasnt happening before and nothing has changed in bios...? ideas?
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by N00berG00ber View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dude View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by N00berG00ber View Post
i was thinking that.. but the OC is only on 3D apps, except memory.
so post the dump files so we can check. I'm trying to work on my BSOD analysis... work with me here mate
its not a BSOD lol. it just shuts down when it turns back on... and reboots.

You sir, are not cooperating
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Sep 2014   #10
N00berG00ber

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dude View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by N00berG00ber View Post
whats up guys, back with another issue. As usual.


So idk what it is, but for some reason, i can not sleep my PC. when i hit the sleep button it goes to sleep, but when i try and wake it, it just crashes and reboots. this wasnt happening before and nothing has changed in bios...? ideas?
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by N00berG00ber View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dude View Post

so post the dump files so we can check. I'm trying to work on my BSOD analysis... work with me here mate
its not a BSOD lol. it just shuts down when it turns back on... and reboots.

You sir, are not cooperating
its not my fault theres no BSOD! lol

if it happens again, ill post one up for ya!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Can't Sleep My PC




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
create sleep task, to force sleep over a program ?
Hello, I would like to know how to create a task in task scheduler , that'll force the computer into sleep over a running program. Basically, I have some software that runs in the background called 'WD anywhere backup' and when this software is running it prevents the computer from...
General Discussion
Numerous BSOD's. Normally caused while in sleep / putting to sleep.
Hello Seveners! I have been having trouble with a BSOD for a while now. It is getting to that extent that I bare it any longer! I need help! Firstly, these BSOD's have been happening randomly, but normally the case is while it is in sleep, or when I put it to sleep, the screen will go black,...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD - Won't sleep or crashes during sleep on Dell Latitude 6430u
Hi, I have a Dell Latitude 6430u running windows 7 64. When I first got it I worked through many BSOD issues and it was running fine for many many months. Now recently it started not sleeping, waking up by itself during sleep and waking up from sleep with an unexpected crash message. Any and...
BSOD Help and Support
Waking from Sleep understood but wont go back to sleep
I setup 2 Media center PC's and have them both goto sleep when not being used. They wake up in the middle of the night due to mcupdate_scheduled which I understand and know how to turn off. My problem is I want to leave it the option on and have the computers go back to sleep after the update is...
Media Center
GA-EP35-DS3L sleep and KVM switch wakes comp from sleep
Hi All, I have two systems a N650SLI-DS4 and a GA-EP35-DS3L hooked up to a Trednet KVM switch. If I put the GA-EP35-DS3L to sleep and switch to the N650SLI-DS4, the GA-EP35-DS3L system wakes up. The only way I have been able to keep it in sleep is if I hold the switch for the N650SLI-DS4 while...
General Discussion
Sleep doesn't sleep anymore - just goes to login screen
For some reason, my 'sleep' has stopped working - either from the sleep button, or on the Start button option. Now it just goes to the user login screen. Has always worked perefctly until today. Weird. Any ideas?
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:01.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App