|20 Feb 2009||#152|
I have the EVGA 750i FTW and it is a fairly good board but it does lack some features and has some issues that you might want to know about.
1. It runs very hot
2. You need to use the chipset fan which directs hot air directly on to the back of your GFX card.
3. The fan it very noisy and will be the noisiest part of your entire PC, just to cool your chipset
4. It only has 4 SATA ports and they are all angled towards the front panel.
5. Don't use the supplied SATA cables as they do not fit correctly and will result in breakage of the SATA port, (I have 2 that are broken already, but I was able to repair them with supper glue )
6. There is only one internal USB header, so you will only be able to use it for the front panel.
On the other hand, I have had a very stable computer and and it suits my need for the time being, some good points are.
1. Overclocks very well, (I have my E8500 @ 4.5Ghz)
2. Works well with Windows 7, (No driver issues and very stable)
3. Can run SLI at full x16 speed with both cards, although I have not personaly been able to test this yet.
4. fairly good value for money
5. If you live in the US you will have the stepup option if you want to upgrade, (Unfortunately I live in Australia and don't have that option).
6. Supports all Intel CPU's aside from the i7's
7. You can Reset the CMOS with a button instead of having to remove batteries or changing jumpers, located at the bottom.
8. All solid capacitors, for better stability and durability.
I'm sure ther is more but that's all I can think of ATM, good luck deciding
Hello Mr Grim.
Thanks for this, I 'was' looking at this board; the temp issues have made up my mind.
|My System Specs|
|22 Feb 2009||#158|
Here is a quick couple shots of my Rig, you can see the specs below my sig.
Nothing overly fancy as far as modding goes. In the 2nd pic you can see that the case is huge! and actually pretty poor air flow. I just added 4 extra 120 mm fans 2 on the bottom and 2 on top. Seems to have helped keep the air moving. Plus you can see my custom air cooling solution for my Furnace of a Video Card. Lowered idle temps by 10C and gaming temps by 20C.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads|
Show Us Your Rig 
Spring is on and is beautifully sunny, flowered trees are green and diffuse their scents...:) My desk is lightened by...
|PC Custom Builds and Overclocking|
Subfolders does not show in OWA, but show in Outlook.
Hi! Running server 2008 with exchange server. The user is using both OWA webmail and local Outlook. User got multiple inbox's to access, 1 personal and 2 for the company. The personal one got subfolders which shows in OWA, but the problem is the other folders. They are only needed by this 1...
HDDs Show in BIOS, But Do Not Show in Disk Management
Hello, A newbie here that just completed a first-time new Win7 PC build. Successful installation of Win7 Pro on WD 600GB 10000 system drive. Went back and installed 4 additional HDD. (2) WD Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM and (2) WD Caviar 7200 500GB HDD from XP system that were used for storage. ...
|Hardware & Devices|
Show us your Wig
backup files will only show up if i click show hidden files and folder
Hey Guys, I cannot find a soultion to this problem. I was using my desktop like normal then an error came up saying that there was a hdd failure, and that i needed to scan for errors. all my files disappeared and only this error would come up. There would be hundreds of the same msg spamed on my...
|Backup and Restore|
show hidden folders show file extensions thru registry
I am trying to setup a default user or machine setup for how win7 handles folder view options. I want show hidden folders to be set to on for all users and the hide extensions for know file types to be unchecked or turned off ffor all users (so extensions show) I have located them in the registry...
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45.