Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Need help buying a new GTX 970!!!

29 Nov 2014   #1
boogieboy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 
Need help buying a new GTX 970!!!

Hi all how are you? hope everyone is good... i just sold my old ASUS Geforce GTX 760 DirectCU-II 2GB yesterday for $240 now don't be surprised as here new GPU's are quiet expensive on retail shelves coz taxes and duty applies when goodies arrived here. Anyways lets hop on to the real question...

Which one should i go for?
  • ASUS Geforce GTX 970 Strix
  • GIGABYTE Geforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming
  • MSI Geforce GTX 970 Gaming 4G

All of the 3 above mentioned models comes with 4GB of VRAM

Tell me why should i go for a specif model in terms of Cooling, Overclocking, Power Consumption (TDP) and overall build quality.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
29 Nov 2014   #2
AddRAM

Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2014   #3
boogieboy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

EVGA not available here right now and they came and already gone so now I can't wait 2 months for it to arrive
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Nov 2014   #4
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boogieboy View Post
EVGA not available here right now and they came and already gone so now I can't wait 2 months for it to arrive

Get the Windforce G1 version very powerful
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Nov 2014   #5
boogieboy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boogieboy View Post
EVGA not available here right now and they came and already gone so now I can't wait 2 months for it to arrive

Get the Windforce G1 version very powerful
yes I have my eye on it too looks pretty badass card but is it better than Asus Strix???
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Nov 2014   #6
N00berG00ber

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Id say wait till the EVGA one arrives again. VERY high quality cards. If not, get the Asus giving if it has all 5 star reviews. Asus cards have full custom PCBs, usually 10 phase power design, decent OCing capability, and the Cooler is MUCH cooler then the others so as long its in a nice ventilated case.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Nov 2014   #7
boogieboy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by N00berG00ber View Post
Id say wait till the EVGA one arrives again. VERY high quality cards. If not, get the Asus giving if it has all 5 star reviews. Asus cards have full custom PCBs, usually 10 phase power design, decent OCing capability, and the Cooler is MUCH cooler then the others so as long its in a nice ventilated case.
Yes I agree with ASUS designs as my last GTX 760 DirectCU-II was an amazing card and I never regret buying even a single time.. the dust proof fans I was so impressed I took it out from my PC almost after 14 months or so and there was no dust in the fans at all and not only that the all custom and smaller sized PCB with only 1 8-Pin connector was another + point with same performance and less power consumption and that black and red ROG theme perfectly gone with my PC interior... but problem is I only heard that ASUS will be available in the 3rd week of December and I believe it will take more time to arrive as XMas holidays coming along too so Import/Export business takes a lot of time and slows down hugely.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Nov 2014   #8
N00berG00ber

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boogieboy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by N00berG00ber View Post
Id say wait till the EVGA one arrives again. VERY high quality cards. If not, get the Asus giving if it has all 5 star reviews. Asus cards have full custom PCBs, usually 10 phase power design, decent OCing capability, and the Cooler is MUCH cooler then the others so as long its in a nice ventilated case.
Yes I agree with ASUS designs as my last GTX 760 DirectCU-II was an amazing card and I never regret buying even a single time.. the dust proof fans I was so impressed I took it out from my PC almost after 14 months or so and there was no dust in the fans at all and not only that the all custom and smaller sized PCB with only 1 8-Pin connector was another + point with same performance and less power consumption and that black and red ROG theme perfectly gone with my PC interior... but problem is I only heard that ASUS will be available in the 3rd week of December and I believe it will take more time to arrive as XMas holidays coming along too so Import/Export business takes a lot of time and slows down hugely.
patience! but if you are going to wait, get the EVGA SC or Classified.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Nov 2014   #9
boogieboy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by N00berG00ber View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boogieboy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by N00berG00ber View Post
Id say wait till the EVGA one arrives again. VERY high quality cards. If not, get the Asus giving if it has all 5 star reviews. Asus cards have full custom PCBs, usually 10 phase power design, decent OCing capability, and the Cooler is MUCH cooler then the others so as long its in a nice ventilated case.
Yes I agree with ASUS designs as my last GTX 760 DirectCU-II was an amazing card and I never regret buying even a single time.. the dust proof fans I was so impressed I took it out from my PC almost after 14 months or so and there was no dust in the fans at all and not only that the all custom and smaller sized PCB with only 1 8-Pin connector was another + point with same performance and less power consumption and that black and red ROG theme perfectly gone with my PC interior... but problem is I only heard that ASUS will be available in the 3rd week of December and I believe it will take more time to arrive as XMas holidays coming along too so Import/Export business takes a lot of time and slows down hugely.
patience! but if you are going to wait, get the EVGA SC or Classified.
But but but patience is not the option right now for me
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Nov 2014   #10
N00berG00ber

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boogieboy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by N00berG00ber View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boogieboy View Post

Yes I agree with ASUS designs as my last GTX 760 DirectCU-II was an amazing card and I never regret buying even a single time.. the dust proof fans I was so impressed I took it out from my PC almost after 14 months or so and there was no dust in the fans at all and not only that the all custom and smaller sized PCB with only 1 8-Pin connector was another + point with same performance and less power consumption and that black and red ROG theme perfectly gone with my PC interior... but problem is I only heard that ASUS will be available in the 3rd week of December and I believe it will take more time to arrive as XMas holidays coming along too so Import/Export business takes a lot of time and slows down hugely.
patience! but if you are going to wait, get the EVGA SC or Classified.
But but but patience is not the option right now for me
LOL i know the feeling!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Need help buying a new GTX 970!!!




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Buying a SSD for later use
I am thinking about getting the 840 EVO for later use when the new computer I will be getting needs a clean iinstall. Sadly, my budget has decreased and I will not have enough money for buying neither a PC from a boutique builder or build it myself. I may just go with the XPS 8700 which is at the...
Hardware & Devices
Buying some RAM
Hi again, A friend of mine asked me to update his incredibly sluggish computer, and it's obvious for me that he needs significantly more RAM than he has right now. The said computer has two slots, being one occupied with a 1GB stick. My question is, should I buy a 2x1GB stick or a 2GB stick...
Hardware & Devices
Need help buying RAM
According to this thread a Dell Inspiron 1501 can support upto 4GB of RAM (possibly 8GB) On Dell's official website it says the maximum it can support is 2GB but I believe it can support more, they may not have tested for more. I currently have W7 64 bit installed on my Dell Inspiron 1501...
Hardware & Devices
Help with buying ram.
I am planning to buy 4gb additional ram. My motherboard is Gigabyte M68MT-S2. Does following rams are compatible with this motherboard. 1.Transcend DDR3-1333 DDR3 4 GB PC RAM (JM1333KLN-4G)Transcend DDR3-1333 DDR3 4 GB PC RAM (JM1333KLN-4G): Flipkart.com 2.Kingston ValueRAM DDR3 4 GB PC RAM...
Hardware & Devices
Need help buying GPU
I am currently interested in replacing my current GPU which is a multimedia graphics card for a gaming graphics card. I am in search for something that is just enough for my system hardware (exceptions Power Consumption, Size of GPU, Card Slot, all these are not important right now hahaha)....
Graphic Cards
Buying PS3 used
My local Gamestation does Pre-owned Ps3s (The older fat type)Some 40Gb models,Some 80Gb models quite cheap...one i seen was only 99 for the 40Gb model. Ive been wanting to pick up a PS3 for ages now for Blu-Ray and games like GTA IV to run properly but dont really want to splash out 249 for a...
Gaming


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App