Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Best deals of the day


24 Jun 2011   #11

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
 
 
66% off the price of Sony BRAVIA 46 Inch LED TV

Sony BRAVIA XBR-46HX909 46-inch 3D 240Hz 1080p LED HDTV (2011 Model)

$1,199.99 + shipping cost based on location (originally $3,499)

Code - CBK34585

Expires - 25th June 2011 or sooner

Via LogicBuy

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Jun 2011   #12

Windows 7 x64 / Same
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Oaken View Post
Sony BRAVIA XBR-46HX909 46-inch 3D 240Hz 1080p LED HDTV (2011 Model)

$1,199.99 + shipping cost based on location (originally $3,499)

Code - CBK34585

Expires - 25th June 2011 or sooner

Via LogicBuy
Wow, that's expensive.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jun 2011   #13

Windows7 Pro 64bit SP-1; Windows XP Pro 32bit
 
 

Newegg- 20% off HD external enclosures or docks. June 27-28.
Not sure about Canada.

Newegg.com - External Enclosures, External Hard Drive Enclosures


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


28 Jun 2011   #14

Windows7 Pro 64bit SP-1; Windows XP Pro 32bit
 
 

Intel 320 80GB

Full retail/mounting kit for PC, includes bracket and cables. $164.99
No rebate to deal with. Good through July 4, 2011

Newegg.com - Intel 320 Series SSDSA2CW080G3K5 2.5" 80GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2011   #15
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hopalong X View Post
Intel 320 80GB

Full retail/mounting kit for PC, includes bracket and cables. $164.99
No rebate to deal with. Good through July 4, 2011

Newegg.com - Intel 320 Series SSDSA2CW080G3K5 2.5" 80GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Hmm, that is pretty expensive for 80GBs Sata II - especially since Intels are always slow in write speeds.

6 months ago I bought a 90GB Vertex2 for $145 - also at Newegg. And that one is faster - not that the R/W speeds really matter a lot for the OS. Here is the Atto data of that one:


Attached Thumbnails
Best deals of the day-vertex2.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2011   #16

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Hmm, that is pretty expensive for 80GBs Sata II - especially since Intels are always slow in write speeds.
But they are extremely fast with random write I/O and are very reliable drives. I've got a 320 Series in my laptop that I am on right now. I don't concern myself much with that lower Intel sustained write speed....its' rare that I am ever writing a large file on this drive.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2011   #17

Windows7 Pro 64bit SP-1; Windows XP Pro 32bit
 
 

I posted it for those who wanted an Intel bigger than a 40GB but under $200.

My 120GB is better priced per GB but was $220 on sale.

Vertex2 has gone up in price. $169 on sale for 90GB.
Newegg.com - OCZ Vertex 2 OCZSSD3-2VTX90G 3.5" 90GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Vertex2 $170 for 2.5in. 90GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820227611
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2011   #18
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hopalong X View Post
I posted it for those who wanted an Intel bigger than a 40GB but under $200.

My 120GB is better priced per GB but was $220 on sale.

Vertex2 has gone up in price. $169 on sale for 90GB.
Newegg.com - OCZ Vertex 2 OCZSSD3-2VTX90G 3.5" 90GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Vertex2 $170 for 2.5in. 90GB
Newegg.com - OCZ Vertex 2 OCZSSD2-2VTXE90G 2.5" 90GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Looks like they are moving in the wrong direction. The 90GB I bought at Christmas was one of their special offerings. At Newegg, I always buy when those are on. And when you get their (nearly) daily feeds, you can easily spot those.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2011   #19

Windows7 Pro 64bit SP-1; Windows XP Pro 32bit
 
 

That is the best price on the 90GB's I have seen for the past few months.

They haven't been marking them down like they were at Christmas.

Also the full RETAIL or suggested manufacturer price has gone up about $20-30 on Vertex2's.

Of course I realize that isn't the paying price but does indicate OCZ raised wholesale prices when the old V2 was phased out and the new V2 was introduced.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2011   #20

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 X64 (Windows 8.1, Linux Mint, Windows XP and others in VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hopalong X View Post
Intel 320 80GB

Full retail/mounting kit for PC, includes bracket and cables. $164.99
No rebate to deal with. Good through July 4, 2011

Newegg.com - Intel 320 Series SSDSA2CW080G3K5 2.5" 80GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Hmm, that is pretty expensive for 80GBs Sata II - especially since Intels are always slow in write speeds.

6 months ago I bought a 90GB Vertex2 for $145 - also at Newegg. And that one is faster - not that the R/W speeds really matter a lot for the OS. Here is the Atto data of that one:
I have a 90GB Vertex2 and an 80GB Intel G2 After a secure erase and a clean install of both on the exact same machine with exact same software I ran As SSD. And, yes the Intel write speeds are slower but the read speeds are much faster and access times are faster. Read speeds are not that important on an OS drive, read speeds and access times are pretty much all that count.

Best deals of the day-ssd-both.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Best deals of the day




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Best deals of the day
Thread Forum
Old deals PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Steam announces daily deals Gaming
Solved Can you recommend any deals on compressed air? Chillout Room
Photoshop Deals Software
Steam Deals Gaming
Christmas Deals On 7! Chillout Room
How Windows 7 Deals With Crashed Applications Software

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33