Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Newest addition to my rig.

27 May 2010   #1
Lebon14

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 
Newest addition to my rig.

Oi. Good idea, this forum!

I just added a Creative Sound Blaster Live! Audigy I got for 30$. And, oh god, my FLAC files sounds even more amazing now!

Btw, I'm pretty sure you all read "On-board Realtek HD Audio" too in my specs... it's because that Creative card doesn't have Stereo Mix/"What You Hear". Kind of cheap for a separate Audio card... That's why I keep it activated otherwise it would have been desactivated for good.

Comments?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 May 2010   #2
apollodominion

Windows 8 X64 M3 8102 / Windows 7 Ultimate X64
 
 

I have sound-blaster XFI Fatal1ty Titanium PCIe and i love it also i do have in storage some sound-blaster Audigy 2 ZS PCI cards in the back room
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 May 2010   #3
stormy13
Microsoft MVP

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote:
I just added a Creative Sound Blaster Live! Audigy
Is it a SB Live or an Audigy? They both use different drivers.

Also if an Audigy is it an Audigy 1/2/4 or the Audigy SE? Again they use different drivers (the 1/2/4 all use the same driver package, and the SE uses a totally different one).

Depending on which it is, it may be possible to get What U Hear back.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 May 2010   #4
Lebon14

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

IN device Manager, it's shown as "SB AUDIGY". So, I suppose it's an Audigy that's it that's all.

But according to touslesdrivers.com (French website that detects and offers drivers for download), it's an Audigy SE.

I said "Live! Audigy" because I remembered the driver installer mentionning both.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 May 2010   #5
stormy13
Microsoft MVP

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote:
I said "Live! Audigy" because I remembered the driver installer mentionning both.
That would explain it as the Audigy SE is not a true Audigy and is nothing more than a renamed SB Live 24 bit, down to they even use the exact same drivers. As for What U Hear it doesn't look like it will be working any time soon,

SB P17X Series Support Pack 2.7 (04/01/2010) - Aud... - Creative Labs

2nd post there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 May 2010   #6
Lebon14

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

VERY SAD. Thx for the info though. Crap-ative is damn cheap. That's why for my next rig, I'm gonna go for HT Omega sound cards. Anyway, got that for cheap and at least kind of justify my "Audiophile" status a bit.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 May 2010   #7
swarfega

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Why did you get the audigy? Its getting on a bit in age now (even the current X-Fis have been out for a while). I seem to remember I used to have strange audio problems with the audigy in some games. In Mafia for instance if I was in a tight area such as a corridor there would be a horrendous whine which would get louder. Wasn't just this game either.

Personally Id like to get away from Creative cards as their drivers arent that good, but Im not sure what to get.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 May 2010   #8
smarteyeball

 
 

Kudos on the card anyway mate. Always better than on-board.

However, the biggest failure with creative are their drivers.

I have an auzentech x-fi forte, (pretty much a higher quality x-fi creative based card) but it's Achilles heel are the drivers which are 98% Creative. ( I think the other 2% are the logos they add to the control panels )

Auzen have promised 'new drivers are coming' for a year now. And I thought ATI and their driver promises were bad..

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by swarfega View Post
Personally Id like to get away from Creative cards as their drivers arent that good, but Im not sure what to get.
HT Omega or Asus Sonar?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 May 2010   #9
Lebon14

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

@swarfega : I don't have any issues yet... Me too, but my friend just accepted to let it go for 30$. Since I do have a job, I didn't let that pass...

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
Kudos on the card anyway mate. Always better than on-board.
Thanks!

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
However, the biggest failure with creative are their drivers.

I have an auzentech x-fi forte, (pretty much a higher quality x-fi creative based card) but it's Achilles heel are the drivers which are 98% Creative. ( I think the other 2% are the logos they add to the control panels )
QFT. Drivers are HORRIBLE. Hell, they didn't even care to activate "What You Hear" for Vista & Win7. I hate post-XP OS Killer companies where XP is seen like a god. And so, that's why I still stick to my on-board at the moment : Stereo Mix. I use it for various stuff.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Newest addition to my rig.




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
New addition to the family
Hi all had a great day today, my wife gave birth to the latest addition to our family a baby boy called Freddie he was born on 12/12/12 (cool D.O.B.) weighing 9lb15oz :cry: hes a little whopper As all you parents out there know right now im feeling pretty damn happy and want to shout it from...
Chillout Room
New addition due in September.
My forth Granchild is due September.:):):):)
Chillout Room
BSOD after addition of RAM
Hello, i just brought addition to my pc, another 4GB of RAM's. After inserting them, computer crashes all the time after 10minutes of working. I brought the same vendor DDR2 rams, but there are some unconsistency in timings. adding SPD of two slots: ...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD After Memory Addition
Hello, I recently upgraded memory to 6GB, before that it was 2GB with no problems. After memory addition I am having BSODs every now and then. Do you think is there a memory problem. --------O-------- Here is my system specs: Operating System: MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit CPU: Intel...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD: upon GPU addition
Hi ya'll, Doing new system build. Basiclly everything is working fine, except when I added a MSI ATI Radeon 5450 based GPU card (specifically a R5450-MD512H) -- had ideas of playing with Crossfire. No go, BSOD until I remove the card. BSOD is consistant in that it occurs very shortly after the...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App