Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows time doesnt start


22 Sep 2013   #1
pragnesh89

Windows 7 Professional 32 Bit
 
 
Windows time doesnt start

My windows time doesnt start and always end up being 4 hours behind when I start the computer. When I go into services, i see that it is set to automatic but it has not started. I even removed and reinstalled it but to no avail. Anyone has a solution? I have triple boot with CentOS and Ubuntu as well and the time usually changes when I boot into those. But I havent used those in over a month and still the time changes by itself as well and the service stops by itself.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Sep 2013   #2
N00berG00ber

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

make sure your time in bios is set to the actual time.


if still no go, right click on the time and date on the bottom right and click properties. from there you can adjust time and date and time zones.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Sep 2013   #3
pragnesh89

Windows 7 Professional 32 Bit
 
 

I change the time manually in windows but everytime I restart it changes back. I'll see what it says in BIOS
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


28 Sep 2013   #4
pragnesh89

Windows 7 Professional 32 Bit
 
 

Changed the time in Bios but to no avail
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Sep 2013   #5
Ztruker

Windows 8 Core X64
 
 

Is the Time zone correct? If not, changing the time won't help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Oct 2013   #6
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pragnesh89 View Post
My windows time doesnt start and always end up being 4 hours behind when I start the computer. When I go into services, i see that it is set to automatic but it has not started. I even removed and reinstalled it but to no avail. Anyone has a solution? I have triple boot with CentOS and Ubuntu as well and the time usually changes when I boot into those. But I havent used those in over a month and still the time changes by itself as well and the service stops by itself.
In ubuntu the time is correct? difference is EXACTLY 4 hours?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Oct 2013   #7
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Date and Time in the window that opens click on Change Time Zone and verify you have the correct zone set for your location. Then open Internet Time tab and see if you are set to auto update tiem, as shown below.

-time.jpg


My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Oct 2013   #8
Brink
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

Hello Pragnesh,

The Windows Time service is not running (started) by default, nor should it be. It should be enabled and set to either Manual (default) or Automatic.

In addition to making sure you have the correct time zone and Daylight Saving Time set, and the correct time set in your BIOS, you might also replace your CMOS battery in case it's weak or dead.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Oct 2013   #9
pragnesh89

Windows 7 Professional 32 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Date and Time in the window that opens click on Change Time Zone and verify you have the correct zone set for your location. Then open Internet Time tab and see if you are set to auto update tiem, as shown below.

Attachment 287988
Did this. It updated the time but after some time it reverts back.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Oct 2013   #10
pragnesh89

Windows 7 Professional 32 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pragnesh89 View Post
My windows time doesnt start and always end up being 4 hours behind when I start the computer. When I go into services, i see that it is set to automatic but it has not started. I even removed and reinstalled it but to no avail. Anyone has a solution? I have triple boot with CentOS and Ubuntu as well and the time usually changes when I boot into those. But I havent used those in over a month and still the time changes by itself as well and the service stops by itself.
In ubuntu the time is correct? difference is EXACTLY 4 hours?
I actually removed everything else from my laptop. I only have Windows 7 on my laptop now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows time doesnt start




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Windows time doesnt start
Thread Forum
windows doesnt start up General Discussion
Solved Windows doesnt start General Discussion
Windows 7 doesnt start - sid changed BSOD Help and Support
Windows doesnt start, need urgent help please. General Discussion
Solved battery doesnt calculateremaining time General Discussion
windows 7 doesnt start BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App