Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: slow performance

21 Sep 2010   #1

windows 7
 
 
slow performance

my laptop is compaq presario cq62.
CORE i5 M430 2.27 Ghz
320 GB HDD
2 GB RAM


but when i copy file to any file to pen drive it gives speed of 5-7 mbps.

when i copy from pen drive to laptop it gives speed of 10-11mbps.
when i copy file from one drive to another it gives speed of 20.4mbps.

help me

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Sep 2010   #2

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vikrantsjs View Post
my laptop is compaq presario cq62.
but when i copy file to any file to pen drive it gives speed of 5-7 mbps
This is normal as some pen drives are slower

Quote:
when i copy from pen drive to laptop it gives speed of 10-11mbps.
Most likely because your laptop doesn't have a 2.0 USB port

Quote:
when i copy file from one drive to another it gives speed of 20.4mbps
This is normal for laptop with 5400rpm hard drives
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2010   #3

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vikrantsjs View Post
my laptop is compaq presario cq62.
but when i copy file to any file to pen drive it gives speed of 5-7 mbps
This is normal as some pen drives are slower

Quote:
when i copy from pen drive to laptop it gives speed of 10-11mbps.
Most likely because your laptop doesn't have a 2.0 USB port

Quote:
when i copy file from one drive to another it gives speed of 20.4mbps
This is normal for laptop with 5400rpm hard drives
my laptop has USB 2.0
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


21 Sep 2010   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Just a couple of things you could try. Make sure you've run a complete malware scan. Many forum users recommend the free Microsoft Security Essentials as the primary security product supplemented by the free on demand scanner from Malwarebytes. Make sure you have the latest Windows updates. Check with Device Manager that you have the latest drivers. Try using safe mode to see if the problem persists. Max out your RAM.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2010   #5
mw2

Windows 7 Professional
 
 

hi

my computer also does this sometimes,but using CCleaner does speed it up a bit

thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 slow performance




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: slow performance
Thread Forum
Slow bootup, slow performance Performance & Maintenance
very slow startup and slow performance over all General Discussion
Slow performance Performance & Maintenance
Slow performance Performance & Maintenance
Slow Performance, Slow Boot-up - Cause Undetermined! Performance & Maintenance
W7 Slow Boot Time and Overall Slow performance Performance & Maintenance
IE 8 slow performance Browsers & Mail

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33