Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Crashing: Gotten me at my wits end.

20 Jun 2009   #1

Windows 7 (7100)
 
 
Crashing: Gotten me at my wits end.

As the title states, no ,matter what I do, I am constantly crashing. At first I thought it was a compatibility issue with my RAM, as my old DIMMs were not on the QVL for my motherboard. So today I bought new DIMMs that were on the QVL, and much to my surprise, after a while on Team Fortress 2,

BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!

I have just about given up. I reformatted my hard disk just for this OS, thinking that it would solve the problems I have been having in the past, but nothing I have done has fixed it. Please... please someone help me.I'll upload the memory dump somewhere and link it once I have finished.


EDIT: I crashed again in the process of uploading the dump file, so I guess now I have TWO dumps to link. Also, I just set my system specs for your viewing.

Another Edit, now with 100% more Minidump!

This one was while TF2 was running:
Will Host For Food!

This one happened while simply browsing the web:
Will Host For Food!

And here is the whole story of me in my own little corner of computing HELL:
http://www.willhostforfood.com/access.php?fileid=71243



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Jun 2009   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 
Bsod

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheMyst View Post
As the title states, no ,matter what I do, I am constantly crashing. At first I thought it was a compatibility issue with my RAM, as my old DIMMs were not on the QVL for my motherboard. So today I bought new DIMMs that were on the QVL, and much to my surprise, after a while on Team Fortress 2,

BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!

I have just about given up. I reformatted my hard disk just for this OS, thinking that it would solve the problems I have been having in the past, but nothing I have done has fixed it. Please... please someone help me.I'll upload the memory dump somewhere and link it once I have finished.


EDIT: I crashed again in the process of uploading the dump file, so I guess now I have TWO dumps to link.

Sure on the dumps but we also need machine specs. make, model, ram, vid card, etc.

someone here will have the answer if we get enough info

waiting on info
Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jun 2009   #3

Windows 7 (7100)
 
 

I'm uploading the dumps now.

Also, my computer froze... AGAIN! It didn't even bother to Bluescreen. It went for the "**** both you and your chair!" type of crash.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


20 Jun 2009   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 
Bsod

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheMyst View Post
I'm uploading the dumps now.

Also, my computer froze... AGAIN! It didn't even bother to Bluescreen. It went for the "**** both you and your chair!" type of crash.
Did this always happen on this system? I have only seen this once and it was a ram stick that was bad. Made my hair turn grey and fall out

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jun 2009   #5

Windows 7 (7100)
 
 

It has never simply frozen like that, no. Crashing however has always been an issue, regardless of OS.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jun 2009   #6

Windows 7 (7100)
 
 

I haven't disappeared. I am just having trouble getting the dump uploaded. Just to make sure that I am even uploading the right file, it's C:\Windows\MEMORY.dmp right?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jun 2009   #7

 
 

If it's regardless of OS, then it's a fair bet that it's hardware.

The usual questions:

Are you overclocking?

Have you run memtest86+?
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

What is your PSU rated at?

Is it self-built and been crash ing since day one?

Quote:
it's C:\Windows\MEMORY.dmp right?
No, that's too large. It's the minidumps from C:\Windows\Minidump
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jun 2009   #8

Windows 7 (7100)
 
 

No, I am not overclocking.

I have yet to run memtest, but I am lacking software to write an ISO to a disk.

It is self built, and I have been using/upgrading it with varying degrees of success. The worst crashing fits I have had occurred after this most recent overhaul.

My PSU is rated at 750 Watts.

Also, I guess I shouldn't say "Regardless of OS" since I ran Linux and never crashed.

If anyone wants to be cute and say "Then just use Linux," get out.

Alright, I'll upload the minidumps instead.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jun 2009   #9

Win7 Enterprise, Win7 x86 (Ult 7600), Win7 x64 Ult 7600, TechNet RTM on AMD x64 (2.8Ghz)
 
 

Free ImgBurn iso burner @ majorgeeks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jun 2009   #10

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 
random crashes

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheMyst View Post
It has never simply frozen like that, no. Crashing however has always been an issue, regardless of OS.
If i hadn't seen your system specs I might have thought heat

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Crashing: Gotten me at my wits end.




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Crashing: Gotten me at my wits end.
Thread Forum
At Wits End!! Please Help :) Browsers & Mail
At (new printer) wits end! Hardware & Devices
BSOD 1033--at my wits' end BSOD Help and Support
I'm at wits end =( Installation & Setup
Solved Frequent BSOD's.. at wits end :( BSOD Help and Support
Consistent bsod, at wits end. BSOD Help and Support
Various BSOD, at wits end :( BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33