Quote: Originally Posted by papaniz
hope we're doing well today. I've had a problem lately with my Windows 7 HP Mini that has never happened up until now. For some reason when I close the lid of my netbook and reopen it, it does not ask for a password. I went to the "Change what closing the lid does" option and it says "Sleep" for closing the lid for both charging and battery state. And it also says on the bottom of the screen to ask for a password when Windows wakes. But when I close and open, it doesn't. It just goes back as if I set it to do nothing. I hear the computer sleep when I close the lid. But when opened, no password is being asked for. I set it to do nothing when the lid is closed before, but I set it back later on to sleep. I tried rebooting the netbook, but no luck was found. Is there a fix for this? Thanks for the help.
its not a very big problem,,, you might have done a small changes in the setting,,, you need to ensure that your computer sleeps only when you closes the lid else it can go for lock option or remain completely unchanged,,,
- go to control panel
- select power options(as shown in attachment)
- select in the right pane "choose what closing lid does"(as shown in next attachment)
- click on "change settings that are currently unavailable" in the lower part as shown
- choose 1st option require password .....
- that's all your work is done