How do you keep your system running at it's best, so you won't have to re-install for as long as possible? Your favorite software/tweaks/optimizations? Here's a list of what I like to do plus the software I install to help me out (all free stuff
1. Immediately after a fresh install/full system update, I follow Black Viper's guides.
2. Then I follow this forum's Optimize guide.
This is done before I install any software.
Software I like:
2. Wise Registry Cleaner (free)
3. Wise Disk Cleaner (free)
5. GlaryUtilities (free)
6. Advanced Disk Cleanup (built-in, not really software, cleanmgr /sageset:50, cleanmgr /sagerun:50)
7. Msconfig and disable startup items after installing all programs
I defrag/clean regularly......and only install software I need, and don't install any beta stuff.
What do you do
? Have any suggestions for me?