Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: HELP ME!!!!! IVE BEEN HACKED!!!


15 Apr 2011   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (32-bit)
 
 
HELP ME!!!!! IVE BEEN HACKED!!!

Ok so here is the problem, my task manager will not open up and I know I have been hacked because I had a virus yesterday and my avast had found it but the virus has already hacked my laptop.

Please can someone help I know how to fix it such as making a new acc but I want to know if there is another way!

Also when I cick CTR + ALT + DELETE it's not there

when I right click on the task bar it is grey and I can't click it.

and when I go into run and type "Taskmgr.exe" it says it has been disabled by the admin even thougth there is one admin account and that one is mine!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Apr 2011   #2

Windows 7 x64 pro/ Windows 7 x86 Pro/ XP SP3 x86
 
 

Download malwarebytes antimalware freeware and scan, let it remove what it wants to. Till the matter gets cleared up dont visit any sensitive/financial websites on this computer, dont input any important passwords for any files located on this computer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Apr 2011   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (32-bit)
 
 

Thanks Ill try it!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


15 Apr 2011   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Be sure to run Malwarebytes in 'Safe Mode' to ensure the best cleaning. Press F8 during boot to enter the screen to select how windows loads. Choose 'Safe Mode with Networking' and have at it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Apr 2011   #5

Windows 7 x64 pro/ Windows 7 x86 Pro/ XP SP3 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ScubaGolfJim View Post
Be sure to run Malwarebytes in 'Safe Mode' to ensure the best cleaning. Press F8 during boot to enter the screen to select how windows loads. Choose 'Safe Mode with Networking' and have at it.
Nah, thats not correct. MBAM works from safemode but it is not designed to work that way, it works better from regular mode. Safemode scan with MBAM should only be done when a regular mode scan fails.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Apr 2011   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bill2 View Post
Nah, thats not correct. MBAM works from safemode but it is not designed to work that way, it works better from regular mode. Safemode scan with MBAM should only be done when a regular mode scan fails.
I'm going by personal experience and the recommendations of many others on many different sites. When I've encountered the type of infection mentioned above, only a full scan in Safe-Mode was successful in totally removing the infection. This is on over 15 customer computers before I totally gave up on running it in 'normal' mode first.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Apr 2011   #7

Windows 7 x64 pro/ Windows 7 x86 Pro/ XP SP3 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ScubaGolfJim View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bill2 View Post
Nah, thats not correct. MBAM works from safemode but it is not designed to work that way, it works better from regular mode. Safemode scan with MBAM should only be done when a regular mode scan fails.
I'm going by personal experience and the recommendations of many others on many different sites. When I've encountered the type of infection mentioned above, only a full scan in Safe-Mode was successful in totally removing the infection. This is on over 15 customer computers before I totally gave up on running it in 'normal' mode first.
You are free to disagree with the makers of MBAM.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Apr 2011   #8

 
 

Here's a step by step that I find has worked for me and has cleaned many of my clients machines...
  1. Start your machine normally and log in (if required)
  2. As soon as the desktop appears right-click the taskbar and select Task Manager
    Note   Note
    Be very quick, the virus will be inactive while the explorer environment is being started. This may take a couple of attempts

  3. Now that you have Task Manager open you can systematically "Kill" any process which you do not recognize
  4. Open Control Panel > Network and Internet > Internet Options and under the Connections tab click Lan Settings
  5. Make sure that the Use Proxy server for your LAN is not selected. If it's selected then de-select it and click OK
  6. Under the General tab, Delete ALL internet browseing history, making sure to de-select Preserve favorites website data and selecting ALL OTHER OPTIONS
  7. Completely clean out the following 2 folders "c:\users\[your user]\Appdata\Local\Temp" and "c:\windows\temp"
    Note   Note
    You may be prompted that some files are in use, just skip those and continue. You will also need to have hidden files, folder, and drives enabled

  8. Download MalwareBytes and perform a Full System Scan
Your system should nw be at a more stable state but I'd advise performing multiple scans just to be on the safe side.

Hope it helps


OS
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Apr 2011   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (32-bit)
 
 

Wow, I did not expect this many posts, never-the-less Malwarebytes Worked and it has fixed my computer, but it only removed some torjons, so anyway it worked and thank you Bill2.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Apr 2011   #10

 
 

That's great news
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 HELP ME!!!!! IVE BEEN HACKED!!!




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: HELP ME!!!!! IVE BEEN HACKED!!!
Thread Forum
Hacked or Not??? System Security
NBC hacked Chillout Room
hacked System Security
Solved Hacked System Security
I have been hacked System Security
I think i got hacked. System Security
have i been hacked????? PLEASE HELP.... Network & Sharing

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33