Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Show Us Your WEI [3]

06 Feb 2012   #1011
xXSevenXx

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64- bit
 
 

I added an extra 6gb of ram and my memory score went from 7.8 to 7.7, any idea why? Do I need to do anything to the BIOS settings?




Attached Thumbnails
-wei.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2012   #1012
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LittleJay View Post
Not perfect, but I can live with it.
Looks pretty perfect to me. What is the CPU - an i5??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2012   #1013
LittleJay

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LittleJay View Post
Not perfect, but I can live with it.
Looks pretty perfect to me. What is the CPU - an i5??
Thanks! Yes, it is the i5 2500K, but it isn't overclocked. I considered an i7, but since I don't do much gaming, or photo/video editing, I couldn't justify the extra expense.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2012   #1014
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

That CPU is easy to overclock and that will be cheaper than an i7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2012   #1015
LittleJay

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
That CPU is easy to overclock and that will be cheaper than an i7.
I did try overclocking my i5 from the stock 3300Mhz to 4400Mhz using the Asus utility in the system bios. It worked fine for a while, but then I started having stabilty issues, so I set it back to stock. I need to do a little research into OC before I try it again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2012   #1016
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

I would go a bit less. Maybe 4000MHz. That should fix it. Maybe also change the stock cooler for a better one.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2012   #1017
essenbe
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 X64 (Windows 10, 8.1, Linux Mint, Windows XP and others in VM)
 
 

Nice scores,Littlejay. Good job.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2012   #1018
essenbe
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 X64 (Windows 10, 8.1, Linux Mint, Windows XP and others in VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LittleJay View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
That CPU is easy to overclock and that will be cheaper than an i7.
I did try overclocking my i5 from the stock 3300Mhz to 4400Mhz using the Asus utility in the system bios. It worked fine for a while, but then I started having stabilty issues, so I set it back to stock. I need to do a little research into OC before I try it again.
You may find this article good reading on the subject.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2012   #1019
LittleJay

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
I would go a bit less. Maybe 4000MHz. That should fix it. Maybe also change the stock cooler for a better one.
Sounds like a plan. Thanks!


Thank you essenbe! This computer is only a few months old and I have really been enjoying it!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2012   #1020
essenbe
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 X64 (Windows 10, 8.1, Linux Mint, Windows XP and others in VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LittleJay View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
I would go a bit less. Maybe 4000MHz. That should fix it. Maybe also change the stock cooler for a better one.
Sounds like a plan. Thanks!


Thank you essenbe! This computer is only a few months old and I have really been enjoying it!
I can imagine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Show Us Your WEI [3]




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Show Us Your Rig [8]
Spring is on and is beautifully sunny, flowered trees are green and diffuse their scents...:) My desk is lightened by...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Subfolders does not show in OWA, but show in Outlook.
Hi! Running server 2008 with exchange server. The user is using both OWA webmail and local Outlook. User got multiple inbox's to access, 1 personal and 2 for the company. The personal one got subfolders which shows in OWA, but the problem is the other folders. They are only needed by this 1...
Microsoft Office
HDDs Show in BIOS, But Do Not Show in Disk Management
Hello, A newbie here that just completed a first-time new Win7 PC build. Successful installation of Win7 Pro on WD 600GB 10000 system drive. Went back and installed 4 additional HDD. (2) WD Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM and (2) WD Caviar 7200 500GB HDD from XP system that were used for storage. ...
Hardware & Devices
Show us your Wig
:haha:
Chillout Room
backup files will only show up if i click show hidden files and folder
Hey Guys, I cannot find a soultion to this problem. I was using my desktop like normal then an error came up saying that there was a hdd failure, and that i needed to scan for errors. all my files disappeared and only this error would come up. There would be hundreds of the same msg spamed on my...
Backup and Restore
show hidden folders show file extensions thru registry
I am trying to setup a default user or machine setup for how win7 handles folder view options. I want show hidden folders to be set to on for all users and the hide extensions for know file types to be unchecked or turned off ffor all users (so extensions show) I have located them in the registry...
General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App