Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What are they ?

18 Aug 2011   #1
t-4-2

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, SP1
 
 
What are they ?

Just curious.......
Can someone please explain just briefly what are those listed in the screenshot ?
P.S. Ignore the IconCache.db, I know what it is.

What are they ?-image-259.png

Thank you.

Adding .....
I found them from ......
C/user/username/appdata/local




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
18 Aug 2011   #2
Anak

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Home Premium 64bit Ver 6.1.7600 Build 7601 - SP1
 
 

The first looks like a CLSID for a program.

The second is a font.dat file see: What is GDIPFONTCACHEV1.DAT?
Some reports say it can be good or bad depending on where it is located.

And the third is a configuration file for Resource Monitor.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Aug 2011   #3
t-4-2

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Anak View Post
The first looks like a CLSID for a program.

The second is a font.dat file see: What is GDIPFONTCACHEV1.DAT?
Some reports say it can be good or bad depending on where it is located.

And the third is a configuration file for Resource Monitor.
Thank you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Aug 2011   #4
Anak

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Home Premium 64bit Ver 6.1.7600 Build 7601 - SP1
 
 

Your welcome!

Just thought I would double check that CLSID for you, using a partial DCBC2A71-70D8-4DON-EHR8-E0D61D...

It did not bring up any results here: SystemLookup - CLSID List
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Aug 2011   #5
t-4-2

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Anak View Post
Your welcome!

Just thought I would double check that CLSID for you, using a partial DCBC2A71-70D8-4DON-EHR8-E0D61D...

It did not bring up any results here: SystemLookup - CLSID List
The complete string is ..............

DCBC2A71-70D8-4DON-EHR8-E0D61DEA3FDF.ini

If that makes any difference to you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Aug 2011   #6
t-4-2

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, SP1
 
 

Adding ...............

I filled in the remainding letters at the CLSID link .....came up with " no result ".
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Aug 2011   #7
MilesAhead

Windows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by t-4-2 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Anak View Post
Your welcome!

Just thought I would double check that CLSID for you, using a partial DCBC2A71-70D8-4DON-EHR8-E0D61D...

It did not bring up any results here: SystemLookup - CLSID List
The complete string is ..............

DCBC2A71-70D8-4DON-EHR8-E0D61DEA3FDF.ini

If that makes any difference to you.
The programmer may just be using a Guid string for the .ini file name to guarantee it is unique. If the .ini content is harmless then I don't see the harm in it. The fact a search has no hits would tend to corroborate my theory. There's a Windows API or function to send you a random Guid string so it's an easy way to get a file name that doesn't already exist.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Aug 2011   #8
Anak

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Home Premium 64bit Ver 6.1.7600 Build 7601 - SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by t-4-2 View Post
Adding ...............

I filled in the remainding letters at the CLSID link .....came up with " no result ".
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by t-4-2 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Anak View Post
Your welcome!

Just thought I would double check that CLSID for you, using a partial DCBC2A71-70D8-4DON-EHR8-E0D61D...

It did not bring up any results here: SystemLookup - CLSID List
The complete string is ..............

DCBC2A71-70D8-4DON-EHR8-E0D61DEA3FDF.ini

If that makes any difference to you.
The programmer may just be using a Guid string for the .ini file name to guarantee it is unique. If the .ini content is harmless then I don't see the harm in it. The fact a search has no hits would tend to corroborate my theory. There's a Windows API or function to send you a random Guid string so it's an easy way to get a file name that doesn't already exist.
No, No difference really, I was hoping you would take the hint and check it for yourself after I left that a link.


And, Thank you's to Miles for a better definition of that string!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 What are they ?




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App