Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: I don't know why the score is low for the CPU

29 Nov 2011   #51
KhajiitDovakiin

Windows 7 Home 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by KhajiitDovakiin View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Try this just so we can see what is happening. Open cpuz to the CPU tab. Go to start, in the search box type cmd, on the entry for cmd, right click it and select 'run as administrator'. In the window that appears after giving permission, copy and paste this into the window. sfc /scannow and press enter. While the scan is running for a few minutes, take a screenshot of the cpuz opened to the CPU tab. Also, a screenshot of the scan window when the scan is complete. The scan will put enough stress on the CPU to put it into turbo mode. The cpuz screenshot will show what it is doing while in turbo mode..
I have done that and attatched the screens.
At first it was getting about 3000+ Mhz then dropped down to the numbers as the scan went on

I will try to get pictures of inside my PC. I have asked someone with a camera to come and they haven't got here yet.
I have switched the GPU to PCIEx16 in the bios but it still says x1 in the CPU-Z
In the screenshots, your Vcore is way low. you are showing 0.88V and it should be around 1.228. I don't understand Gigabyte bios, but it appeared your Vcore was set to 0.9V in bios. Also, while the CPU should be in turbo mode it is showing a multiplier of X27 and it should be X37. The multiplier may be because the CPU is not getting enough voltage.
Performance Enhance
Allows the system to operate at three different performance levels.
Standard Lets the system operate at its basic performance level.
Turbo Lets the system operate at its good performance level. (Default)
Extreme Lets the system operate at its best performance level.


Oddly enough I reran the assement and got those results but I haven't adjusted any settings besides from IDE to AHCI and turning it from PCI to PCIEx16

Performance Enhance
Allows the system to operate at three different performance levels.
Standard Lets the system operate at its basic performance level.
Turbo Lets the system operate at its good performance level. (Default)
Extreme Lets the system operate at its best performance level.
This is in the manual for the Motherboard. Should I leave it default?




Attached Thumbnails
I don't know why the score is low for the CPU-wei.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
29 Nov 2011   #52
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Make sure your monitor is connected to the 6970 card. disable on board graphics. Also make sure your graphics card is set in the pcie X16 slot. I asked you earlier about the 8 pin CPU power connecter. It appears your board only has a 4 pin CPU power connecter. You can see it in this picture just above where the CPU is installed. The graphics card should go in the 1st blue slot labeled pcieX16.

I don't know why the score is low for the CPU-giga.jpg


My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2011   #53
KhajiitDovakiin

Windows 7 Home 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Make sure your monitor is connected to the 6970 card. disable on board graphics. Also make sure your graphics card is set in the pcie X16 slot. I asked you earlier about the 8 pin CPU power connecter. It appears your board only has a 4 pin CPU power connecter. You can see it in this picture just above where the CPU is installed. The graphics card should go in the 1st blue slot labeled pcieX16.

Attachment 186010
Ok. I am running 32" LCD TV how do I make sure my graphics card is connected to the TV?
This is my first PC so I havent done this before as you can probably tell. What do I do with the connectors?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Nov 2011   #54
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Your motherboard has cable connections on the back for the monitor. The graphics card has connections also. You should be able to look at it and tell which is the graphics card connections. If not, look at where the graphics card is in the case and the ones you need will be where the rear of graphics card is attached to the back of the case. But, I am fairly sure that is where it is already connected, just make sure before you disable on board graphics.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2011   #55
KhajiitDovakiin

Windows 7 Home 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Your motherboard has cable connections on the back for the monitor. The graphics card has connections also. You should be able to look at it and tell which is the graphics card connections. If not, look at where the graphics card is in the case and the ones you need will be where the rear of graphics card is attached to the back of the case. But, I am fairly sure that is where it is already connected, just make sure before you disable on board graphics.
Thank you. I have found out what is wrong with the GPU. The GPU is set in the PCIEx4 slot. The watercooler is installed just above the PCIEx16 there is not enough room for it to even go there.
I also have seen that the CPU cooler(corsair H80) fan and the fan at the top of the case is not working and the button on the watercooler when I press it doesn't respond.

I rang the person who sold me the PC. He said he still has the warranty on it from the place he bought it from and he is going to help me send it back to where it came from so they can make the changes to the PC and get it sorted out.

Thank you to everyone who helped with everything. Once everything is sorted out I will come back and let you know how things have gone. Thanks again everyone.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2011   #56
Hopalong X

Windows7 Pro 64bit SP-1; Windows XP Pro 32bit
 
 

Good luck with it. Let us know how things go.

Mike
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2011   #57
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by KhajiitDovakiin View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Your motherboard has cable connections on the back for the monitor. The graphics card has connections also. You should be able to look at it and tell which is the graphics card connections. If not, look at where the graphics card is in the case and the ones you need will be where the rear of graphics card is attached to the back of the case. But, I am fairly sure that is where it is already connected, just make sure before you disable on board graphics.
Thank you. I have found out what is wrong with the GPU. The GPU is set in the PCIEx4 slot. The watercooler is installed just above the PCIEx16 there is not enough room for it to even go there.
I also have seen that the CPU cooler(corsair H80) fan and the fan at the top of the case is not working and the button on the watercooler when I press it doesn't respond.

I rang the person who sold me the PC. He said he still has the warranty on it from the place he bought it from and he is going to help me send it back to where it came from so they can make the changes to the PC and get it sorted out.

Thank you to everyone who helped with everything. Once everything is sorted out I will come back and let you know how things have gone. Mods please close the thread. Thanks again everyone.
Looks like you're almost home free with your Unit good job

There should be a area that has marked thread as solved after that the mods will take care of the rest

I do think it is a good idea to leave this post open though due to the fact this was a new kinda issue never before encountered which should be a good read for future issues like this one

I would like to take the time to Thank everyone who responded to the call of our Forum Brother +1 everybody who helped
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Nov 2011   #58
KhajiitDovakiin

Windows 7 Home 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by KhajiitDovakiin View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Your motherboard has cable connections on the back for the monitor. The graphics card has connections also. You should be able to look at it and tell which is the graphics card connections. If not, look at where the graphics card is in the case and the ones you need will be where the rear of graphics card is attached to the back of the case. But, I am fairly sure that is where it is already connected, just make sure before you disable on board graphics.
Thank you. I have found out what is wrong with the GPU. The GPU is set in the PCIEx4 slot. The watercooler is installed just above the PCIEx16 there is not enough room for it to even go there.
I also have seen that the CPU cooler(corsair H80) fan and the fan at the top of the case is not working and the button on the watercooler when I press it doesn't respond.

I rang the person who sold me the PC. He said he still has the warranty on it from the place he bought it from and he is going to help me send it back to where it came from so they can make the changes to the PC and get it sorted out.

Thank you to everyone who helped with everything. Once everything is sorted out I will come back and let you know how things have gone. Mods please close the thread. Thanks again everyone.
Looks like you're almost home free with your Unit good job

There should be a area that has marked thread as solved after that the mods will take care of the rest

I do think it is a good idea to leave this post open though due to the fact this was a new kinda issue never before encountered which should be a good read for future issues like this one

I would like to take the time to Thank everyone who responded to the call of our Forum Brother +1 everybody who helped
I have edited my post. If this is a potential issue for other people then I wouldn't want them to go through it so I hope it stays open.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Nov 2011   #59
KhajiitDovakiin

Windows 7 Home 64 bit
 
 

Ok. I talked to my brother and he suggested that I look into a program call msconfig. So I did and this is what I found. Is this causing problems if so what should I change?


Attached Thumbnails
I don't know why the score is low for the CPU-msconfig-general.png   I don't know why the score is low for the CPU-msconfig-boot.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Nov 2011   #60
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

As best I can tell, what you are showing is correct. I don't believe that is what is causing you problems. I believe it is that you GPU is in an X4 port and that your bios is set wrong. As I recall the H80 has 2 fans and a radiator. You could put 1 fan on the outside of the case with the radiator and the other fan inside if that will give you room. Or you can relocate the radiator and fans to the top of the cae where the top fan is. But, if it is not working, you will have to replace that and figure out your bios settings. the best way may be to see how your bios is set up for ram, AHCI configuration, USB configuration and boot order and write it down if necessary. Then go to bios and set everyting to optimized defaults, then reconfigure those things listed above and see if that sets things right. But, watch your temps always.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 I don't know why the score is low for the CPU




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
RAM score
Firstly hello, my problem is one that no one i speak to about can help me with, and that is the windows score for the ram i am using, originally purchase OCZ $GB gold, (2X2Gb) and worked perfectly until i wanted to play games, when it became obsolete and nowhere near powerful enough, this ram...
Performance & Maintenance
Low RAM score
Guys, what's wrong with RAM's score? In previous builds was OK (7.x)... It's DDR3 1333. :confused: http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7093/59735402.jpg
Performance & Maintenance
WEI Score is HDD > SSD for me?
2 Laptops (Compaq 515 and Chrome CR-48) Compaq 515 AMD Sata Controller with Drivers WDC Sata (I guess 7200RPM) 320GB WEI Score: 7.3 CR-48 Intel ICH7 SATA Controller with Drivers Sandisk SSD 16GB
Performance & Maintenance
low WEI score for new SSD
ok guys I have installed the ssd and have successfully installed windows on it. I had to change the disk mode from ahci to ide. Ive installed all the drivers but I only get a WEI score of 5.9. Weakest link being the ssd. So something must be wrong. I fully expected the score to be in the mid 7s.
Hardware & Devices
wei cpu score
Just a small issue i built this desky out of ebay spares (no single component over 50) 3-4 months ago. and untill recently had a wei cpu score of 7.9 i then had a small prob with my top fan (jammed with cpu cooling fan wire) tested it again a day or so later and the wei score has dropped to 7.3 ?...
Performance & Maintenance
How to get whatever WEI score you want.
Just read a great post on the sister Vista forum about setting your WEI to whatever you want by altering an XML file. Me thinks that some less trustworthy people could start faking their scores when selling machines - link to post One thing I have noticed in the Seven equivalent XML file is that...
Performance & Maintenance


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:01.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App