Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How could this be... To a Microsoft Tech

05 Mar 2012   #11
Sardonicus

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by stormy13 View Post
Easier than disabling Aero manually,

Attachment 201449
+1.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
05 Mar 2012   #12
win7person

windows 7 professional x64 SP1
 
 

I understand the concept of disabling it, but why do I have too? I shouldn't have to based on my hardware components, should I? I just want to know why Windows is doing it. Do I need more RAM? My mobo can handle 32gig.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Mar 2012   #13
fseal

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

Ugh, yeah no you shouldn't have to do that, I think that the fact that WoW is consuming massive amounts of CPU and causing some other internal stuff to respond slower than expected (maybe it's trying to run a backup or some other thing in the background) and popping that "Error" up.

My initial guess is that there is nothing wrong at all and that warning is being over zealous. The thing to do I think would be to google that error message and see if there is a way of shutting it off. It's trying to be "Helpful" but in this case... probably just not warranted at all.

More ram is not necessary at all... If something runs you out of that 16 gig then maybe, but only loading 50 10 layer 22 MP PSDs into Photoshop would do that

There is another thread about it here:
Disable "Windows has detected slow performance" nagging

Common issues seem to be games of video specifically on high end machines. No real answers other than possibly game update or try a difference video driver... Or try turning off changing wallpaper, if it does that during playing a game some feel might be the cause.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Mar 2012   #14
win7person

windows 7 professional x64 SP1
 
 

Quote:
Ugh, yeah no you shouldn't have to do that, I think that the fact that WoW is consuming massive amounts of CPU and causing some other internal stuff to respond slower than expected (maybe it's trying to run a backup or some other thing in the background) and popping that "Error" up.

My initial guess is that there is nothing wrong at all and that warning is being over zealous. The thing to do I think would be to google that error message and see if there is a way of shutting it off. It's trying to be "Helpful" but in this case... probably just not warranted at all.

More ram is not necessary at all... If something runs you out of that 16 gig then maybe, but only loading 50 10 layer 22 MP PSDs into Photoshop would do that
+1 m8 I know where you're coming from - Thanks for your help, I appreciate all here. I love Win7 after coming from XP. Deep down I knew the system was just trying to be the "overprotective nanny" as I have read in many articles that surround this issue.

I appreciate you
Win7person Out!

Note: I'll do Benches when I get home and post them here if you like.
Note#2: Also know for a fact that that last to driver builds from Nvidia have been less than desirable since most of us can't install PhysX software on our systems because of the Driver installation suite that its packaged with does something screwy with the PhysX installation. Thats why I was rolling my eyes in the beginning Post for The video driver.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Mar 2012   #15
win7person

windows 7 professional x64 SP1
 
 

On another note: I can't update my game because World of Warcraft and Eve Online are MMORPG games the only way to get an update is when Blizzard or CCPgames are ready to update the products themselves then its automatic when you open the GUI.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Mar 2012   #16
cluberti

Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Also, be aware it's actually complaining you're low on resources related to Video memory, not Windows itself (I would bet if you look in the Diagnostics-Performance log in the event viewer you'll see messages about your video memory being low around the times the issues occur).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Mar 2012   #17
win7person

windows 7 professional x64 SP1
 
 

Well, its been Interesting thus far.. I did as Stormy13 had suggested and turned off the Windows Composition for the Program itself. +1 to Stormy13 - as the nagging nanny went buh-bye.

Quote:
Also, be aware it's actually complaining you're low on resources related to Video memory, not Windows itself (I would bet if you look in the Diagnostics-Performance log in the event viewer you'll see messages about your video memory being low around the times the issues occur).
Ive got 2.5g of DDR5 running on my VDC, - In WoW I'm Termed as a Raider - I get to see all the most epic parts of the game so I'd imagine at some points of certain fights it can be draining on the Video Memory. Since I've Disabled windows Comp b4 I looked at this forum - I'll check that when I go back home. If it does reflect such things should I send a bug report to Blizzard stating they have a Memory Leak in the programming? with logs to back it up?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Mar 2012   #18
kronckew

Win 7 ultimate x64 sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by win7person View Post
...
Note#2: Also know for a fact that that last to driver builds from Nvidia have been less than desirable since most of us can't install PhysX software on our systems because of the Driver installation suite that its packaged with does something screwy with the PhysX installation. Thats why I was rolling my eyes in the beginning Post for The video driver.
i hate the nvidia driver app euphemistically called an 'installer'. after getting a 'failed' i can sometimes get them to install by going to c:\nvidia where it extracts, finding the sub folder, ie. the physx, and running the .msi there on it's own. same for the main graphics driver, hd audio, etc. 3d drivers doesn't work that way tho.

there is a stand-alone physx update to v. 9.12.0213 on the nvidia website that doesn't use their cruddy driver installer, it updates/replaces the version that come with the 295.73 whql drivers with a new one, or installs it if not already present. worked fine for me.

(still don't have 3d drivers, but as i don't have any 3d apps, not really a problem)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Mar 2012   #19
win7person

windows 7 professional x64 SP1
 
 

Quote:
there is a stand-alone physx update to v. 9.12.0213 on the nvidia website that doesn't use their cruddy driver installer, it updates/replaces the version that come with the 295.73 whql drivers with a new one, or installs it if not already present. worked fine for me.
I tried the Standalone PhysX update and still it does nothing but fail, I recently have got a installer cleaner of sorts i found on these forums, but as work goes I wasn't reluctant to do much about it yet.

Quote:
i can sometimes get them to install by going to c:\nvidia where it extracts, finding the sub folder, ie. the physx, and running the .msi there on it's own.
I come up with a handful of soggy corn flakes when I tried this, I figured that I could try and look for the installer from whence it was originally installed too, but no go. Going to try the Installer cleaner and see how that goes tonight.

A side note: I've never had a problem installing anything from Nvidia previous to installing Win7 - Coming from XP environment. Since everyone is complaining about the Driver Suite in the last 5 builds on the Nvidia / Geforce Forums, well it goes without saying that Nvidia is on the ball with pleading the 5th amendment (USA Constitution humor)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How could this be... To a Microsoft Tech




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Google surpasses Microsoft to become world's second-largest tech co.
Source A Guy
News
Microsoft deletes Aussie tech blogger's posts
Microsoft appears to have accidentally deleted six years of blog archives hosted on its free Windows Live Spaces platform belonging to Australian mobile technology evangelist Shane Williamson. Full read: Microsoft deletes Aussie tech blogger's posts - Business - News
News
Microsoft & Red Hat Complete Cooperative Tech Support
More at: Windows Virtualization Team Blog
Virtualization
Microsoft tweaks antipiracy tech for Windows 7
Read more http://www.sevenforums.com/news/9079-microsoft-tweaks-antipiracy-tech-windows-7-a.html
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App