I am trying to troubleshoot someone's pc for a very slow system shutdown (at least 8 minutes to shutdown). Here are the steps which I tried:
- Went into MS Config and disabled all startup items and some services.
- Ran CCleaner (which cleared 2gb~ of data).
- Removed all external devices (other than the wireless keyboard and mouse) and tried shutting down.
- Tried going into Windows Safe Mode with networking and rebooting into windows safe mode again.
- Tried system restore, it was unavailable.
- Went into the registry and brought the Waittokillservice from 12000 to 1000.
These are the steps which I tried. Now I know an OS reinstall is the last option but I really don't want to do it. What other steps can I try/are there any other steps? Thanks.