|10 May 2012||#1|
| || |
Seemingly random freezes and crashes
First off, I want to apologize if this thread doesn't belong here. I trust that the mods can move it to where it needs to be if it doesn't.
I got this rig from my roommate when he built a new one. He built this one as well, and I don't know ALL the specs on it, but I'll be quizzing him when he gets home for anything anyone needs to know besides what I know.
For the past several months, the computer has been freezing or just plain restarting. It's a quick reset, as though I've hit the button. The computer will play Skyrim just fine (has never ever restarted or frozen during play) but seems to dislike Arkham City (I can't get into the first cut-scene). From there, I'll have restarts randomly during web surfing or play in other games.
I checked the EV after one such restart today, and I had several errors, and I'm hoping someone else can see a correlation between them that I cannot, and that he has not. Under the various headers, Critical has one event, Error has 9(one doesn't worry me too much; I was trying to install an older game from disk and it's a cdrom error), and Warning has none. The various times will be what they were as of viewing.
1) Event ID 41. Source: Kernel-Power. One in the last hour, 2 in the last 24 hours, and 4 in the last week.
2) Event ID 3. Source: Kernel-EventTracing. One in last hour, 3 in last 24 hours, 11 in past week.
3) Event ID 10. Source: WMI. One in last hour, 3 in last 24 hours, 8 in past week.
4) Event ID 36. Source: volsnap. Zero in last hour, one in last 24 hours, one in last week.
5) Event ID 1000. Source: Application Error. One in last hour, four in last 24 hours, four in past week.
6) Event ID 1026. Source: .NET Runtime. One in last hour, one in last 24 hours, one in past week.
7) Event ID 6008. Source: EventLog. One in last hour, two in last 24 hours, four in past week.
8) Event ID 7000. Source: Service Control Manager. One in last hour, four in last 24 hours, 12 in past week.
9) Event ID 7009. Source: Service Control Manager. Zero in last hour, four in last 24 hours, four in past week.
Everything is up to date, as far as Microsoft goes, and all drivers have recently been updated, as well. A disk check and memory test came up clean. I still have the results of that but it'll take me a minute to procure them.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Seemingly random freezes and crashes|
|(Seemingly) random BSOD crashes and restarts||BSOD Help and Support|
|Seemingly random BSODs and freezes||BSOD Help and Support|
|Computer freezes up at seemingly random times.||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSoDs/Freezes seemingly at random||BSOD Help and Support|
|Seemingly random crashes/bsod||BSOD Help and Support|
|frequent seemingly random crashes||BSOD Help and Support|
|Seemingly random GPU freezes||Graphic Cards|