Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: System repair disc could not be created.Incorrect parameter 0x80070057

06 Jun 2016   #21
Gene1000

Windows 7 Pro, 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Softtouch123 View Post
Well I solved this error by going into disk management and turning all my other disks off-line except my C: disk (system). Then when I ran create repair disk, no problems. Then I just went back into disk management and turn them back online again. Simples!
When I go into disc management, I do not see an option to turn off the discs. How is this done? Thanks.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
06 Jun 2016   #22
Gene1000

Windows 7 Pro, 32 bit
 
 

Rather than spend any more time attempting to make a Win 7 repair disc when the computer won't let me, down anyone know where I can download the MICROSOFT Windows 7 - 64 bit repair disc?

I've looked everywhere on the Internet and I do not see it available.

Thanks for your help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jun 2016   #23
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gene1000 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Softtouch123 View Post
Well I solved this error by going into disk management and turning all my other disks off-line except my C: disk (system). Then when I ran create repair disk, no problems. Then I just went back into disk management and turn them back online again. Simples!
When I go into disc management, I do not see an option to turn off the discs. How is this done? Thanks.
Right click on the far left,

System repair disc could not be created.Incorrect parameter 0x80070057-2016-06-06_19h59_57.png

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gene1000 View Post
Rather than spend any more time attempting to make a Win 7 repair disc when the computer won't let me, down anyone know where I can download the MICROSOFT Windows 7 - 64 bit repair disc?

I've looked everywhere on the Internet and I do not see it available.

Thanks for your help.
You'd probably be better off downloading an installer, if you don't have one already.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Jun 2016   #24
Gene1000

Windows 7 Pro, 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gene1000 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Softtouch123 View Post
Well I solved this error by going into disk management and turning all my other disks off-line except my C: disk (system). Then when I ran create repair disk, no problems. Then I just went back into disk management and turn them back online again. Simples!
When I go into disc management, I do not see an option to turn off the discs. How is this done? Thanks.
Right click on the far left,

Attachment 387710

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gene1000 View Post
Rather than spend any more time attempting to make a Win 7 repair disc when the computer won't let me, does anyone know where I can download the MICROSOFT Windows 7 - 64 bit repair disc?

I've looked everywhere on the Internet and I do not see it available.

Thanks for your help.
You'd probably be better off downloading an installer, if you don't have one already.
__________________________________________________________________________
Well, I do not have that option.... there is no "offline" option available. I'm running Win 7 Home Premium, not Professional. Perhaps that's the reason.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jun 2016   #25
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gene1000 View Post
Well, I do not have that option.... there is no "offline" option available. I'm running Win 7 Home Premium, not Professional. Perhaps that's the reason.
That shouldn't be the problem, are you in an admin account?

Disk - Set as Offline or Online
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jun 2016   #26
ThrashZone

Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2016   #27
Gene1000

Windows 7 Pro, 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gene1000 View Post
Well, I do not have that option.... there is no "offline" option available. I'm running Win 7 Home Premium, not Professional. Perhaps that's the reason.
That shouldn't be the problem, are you in an admin account?

Disk - Set as Offline or Online

I'm the sole user and the administrator. I ran diskmgmt as administrator and I still do not have the option to set the drive as offline. All I have is "Convert to dynamic disk", "properties" and "help". I suppose I could go into properties and disable the drive, but I'd rather just take it offline using your method. Diskmgt does not give me that option. Looks like another Microsoft screwup.

And, I typed "get-disk" in Powershell as your link shows and the command is not recognized by Powershell.

I'll simply use a third party program such as Macrium or EaseTodoUS.

But I do have another question: I cloned my C drive (not imaged it) to an external USB drive using third party software. When I go into Macrium or EaseUSTodoBackup at boot up to see if those programs will reinstall the cloned USB drive onto the hard drive in the computer, they only ask to select the IMAGE file. There is no option to select the entire cloned drive. Does this mean that I must image the drive for these programs in order to reinstall the system? Why isn't there an option to simply copy the entire cloned USB drive onto the hard drive C in the computer?
Will saving an image give me the complete reinstall of the hard drive from the USB drive (system, programs, everything)?
Thanks for your help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2016   #28
Gene1000

Windows 7 Pro, 32 bit
 
 

Update:
I used "Diskpart" to offline all disks other than the system C. Despite doing so, I'm still not able to create a Windows system repair disk. I keep getting the same error.

Screw this. I'll simply use a third party program.

Thanks again for your help, guys.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2016   #29
ThrashZone

Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
 
 

Hi,
A clone you'd have to re-clone to the other disk,
A system image can be restored to any disk or opened and mounted to where you can copy and paste a single file from it also a system image is compressed to save space.
A clone is 1 for 1 as the exact same size as the original.

Those iso download links will expire 24 hours after I posted them so get it while it's still hot which is about 9 more hours left
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2016   #30
Gene1000

Windows 7 Pro, 32 bit
 
 

"Those iso download links will expire 24 hours after I posted them so get it while it's still hot which is about 9 more hours left"

Those links allow me to download Windows 7, right? I already have that OS on my computer. Could you please let me know why you provided those links...is there something that I'm missing? Thanks again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 System repair disc could not be created.Incorrect parameter 0x80070057




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
0x80070057 incorrect parameter when trying to restore image new disk
This drove me MAD for almost a weak now. Everytime I tried to restore my system image to another hard drive it would give me this error. As others may have the same issue and searching the internet did not turn up this solution I thought to repost this here. It can be usefull. Basically,...
Backup and Restore
cannot create a system repair disc- error (0x80070057)
Hi folks I am sure this problem has been posted before sorry apologies if I am going over old ground. I am trying to create a System Repair Disc for Win 7 Home premium - 32bit. However i contiually get an error message "cannot create a system repair disc- error (0x80070057)". Cannot find a...
Backup and Restore
error code 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect on Copy Paste
i am copying a iso file to my psp, when it half way done it will say error code 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect on Copy Paste. what do i do
Gaming
Using a Windows 7 repair disc on a PC was created by another PC.
I have 2 laptops. One, a Sony Vaio has a working Windows 7 home premium OA 64 bit. And another Toshiba Satellite that HAD Windows 7 home premium OA 64 bit. The hard drive in the Toshiba went fubar and is unrecoverable. None of the sectors are readable except the partition table and SMART says...
General Discussion
Error 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect on Copy Paste
Hi, When trying to copy a file off a networked drive I get the following error: Error 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect. This is the second time this has occurred. The first time I was trying to copy 4 files and 3 of them were copied correctly and the other was not. The solution then...
BSOD Help and Support
System repair disc could not be created
When trying to create a system repair disk on my cd/dvd drive, I receive the following message: System repair disc could not be created The drive reported that it is in the process of becoming ready. Please try the request again later. (0xC0AA0205). I get this on two computers. One is...
Performance & Maintenance


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App