|18 Jun 2012||#1|
| || |
Program Icons not displaying correctly - how do I fix this?
I'm operating on Windows 7 64bit.
A few days ago I turned on my computer and just about 20 or so icons were no longer displaying (they are blank).
The icons WORK PERFECTLY. Don't get me wrong, they aren't broken icons.
Also, I'm not talking about the icon shortcuts - the actual program icons are not displaying, but are working (so, if I click on the icon, the program will opens up and functions).
Before anyone starts listing posibilities, I have already tried the following:
- Rebuilding IconCache through command prompt and manually
- Restoring system to previous date (did that for the furthest date - about a month ago)
- Restarting computer (duh)
- Running in safe mode (icons still don't display)
- Running security scan in safe mode (nothing came up - my computer is clean)
- Creating a new main user and transferring accounts / deleting main account
Anyone have any idea of what's going on?
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Program Icons not displaying correctly - how do I fix this?|
|Firefox not displaying post correctly||Browsers & Mail|
|Browsers not displaying websites correctly||Browsers & Mail|
|some texts are not displaying correctly||General Discussion|
|Only one website not displaying correctly||Browsers & Mail|
|Seven Forums not displaying correctly||General Discussion|
|Desktop Icons Not Displaying Correctly||General Discussion|
|sevenforums not displaying correctly||Browsers & Mail|