After a couple failed attempts at installing a new SSD and flashing a new BIOS I finally got my system running fast and smooth - except for one (or 3) glaring issue.
I'm not sure if it was the second install of windows 7 or during a flash of the BIOS but I now have these 3 issues.
1. On shutdown windows seems to shutdown but my hardware (fans, mobo) don't. Drives seem to power down, though.
2. On restart instead of fast ssd reboot computer hangs a bit, 15 seconds, on the "shutting down..." stage and then machine fully powers down for 5 seconds and then proceeds to normal restart.
3. On sleep windows "sleeps" (except for fans, mobo) but I can't wake it. Physically pushing power button on front for 5 seconds shuts computer down. On power up it actually starts back up as if it were sleeping, ie programs still running open.
What I've done to try to fix.
1. Re-flashed BIOS.
2. Put old SSD back as boot drive (which lead me to believe its hardware related since everything functioned fine on that drive before I put in new one) and problem persisted.
3. Took out new hardware (GPU, RAM, Fan) and put back original RAM.
4. Downloaded every imaginable driver
5. Tested safe mode, and msconfig start-up options and problem persisted.
6. Read every forum out there for suggestions.
I'm left with thinking I damaged my mobo or PSU along the way of installing new hardware or BIOS.
Any other suggestions before I drop more money on hardware would be much appreciated.