Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Pqservice ?

12 Jul 2012   #1
t-4-2

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, SP1
 
 
Pqservice ?

Does anyone know what it is ?

P.S.Elements (F) is my external harddrive.

Pqservice ?-image-1.png

t-4-2




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Jul 2012   #2
kegobeer

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

PQSERVICE is a hidden restore partition.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jul 2012   #3
t-4-2

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kegobeer View Post
PQSERVICE is a hidden restore partition.
Thank you.

Not that it should matter, but out of curiosity, how do I make it invisible.
I have both "Don't show hidden files, folders or drives", and " hide empty drives in the Computer folder" checked.

t-4-2
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


12 Jul 2012   #4
kegobeer

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Does PQSERVICE show up as a drive under My Computer?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jul 2012   #5
t-4-2

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kegobeer View Post
Does PQSERVICE show up as a drive under My Computer?

System Reserve (E) appears. I supposed it's the same ?

Pqservice ?-image-1.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jul 2012   #6
mjf

Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

No it is not the same. System reserved is a 100MB (in your case) special partition which is part of the normal booting process. You leave it alone. It normally does not have a letter assigned to it. Did you assign one? If so then I suggest you remove the letter assignment.

PQService is the ACER factory restore partition and is visible in "Disk Management". Note that in Disk Management it may show as empty. Ignore this because it is not empty.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jul 2012   #7
t-4-2

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mjf View Post
No it is not the same. System reserved is a 100MB (in your case) special partition which is part of the normal booting process. You leave it alone. It normally does not have a letter assigned to it. Did you assign one? If so then I suggest you remove the letter assignment.

PQService is the ACER factory restore partition and is visible in "Disk Management". Note that in Disk Management it may show as empty. Ignore this because it is not empty.
see screenshot.....

Pqservice ?-image-2.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jul 2012   #8
mjf

Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

This is fine. Note Disk Management say the PQService has 100% free. This is definitely NOT the case. Look at your HDD using free Partition Wizard and you will get the accurate picture.

I would still remove the drive letter from System Reserved.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jul 2012   #9
t-4-2

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mjf View Post
This is fine. Note Disk Management say the PQService has 100% free. This is definitely NOT the case. Look at your HDD using free Partition Wizard and you will get the accurate picture.

I would still remove the drive letter from System Reserved.
Thank you.

t-4-2
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Pqservice ?




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Imaging and Restoring PQSERVICE Partition !?
I've made an image of the PQSERVICE Partition of my emachines E442-V133 using Macrium Reflect and stored it in an external hard drive. If I use Diskpart to clean the entire disk, create a new partition, and apply the image to that newly created partition, will it work properly like the original...
Installation & Setup
How I can copy or burn PQSERVICE partition into DVD?
Hi How I can copy or burn PQSERVICE partition into DVD?
Backup and Restore
PQservice
Hello, My operating system is Windows 7 Home Edition. The PQ service is off. Should it be on? If so, how do I turn it on?
General Discussion
What is pqservice?
As the title says, and also what can i do with it or how can it prove useful? It is currently turned off.
General Discussion
PQSERVICE Partition...
Hello I really don't know if this would go into Installation & Setup but i didn't know where else to put this. I Realize This Is Rather Long But I Am In Need Of Assistance, Thank You For Any Help That You Give. Last night i decided to delete some files and make a few new partitions in...
Installation & Setup
Pqservice
What is PQSERVICE and what is it doing in System Properties ? Thank you.
Backup and Restore

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App