Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Notebooks runs slow and freezes when I watch youtube.

15 Aug 2012   #21

Windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

Zip them both into one file and upload

Have you tried the above steps....

Please do be specific ... the model number is usually mentioned on the back of the laptop or sometimes in the bios as well..


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Aug 2012   #22

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Model number dv6628us

Seven Forums (2).zip

* I've tried the above steps. No lag so far.

msinfo won't open, but I guess the info below is what you're looking for:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name New York
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP Pavilion dv6500 Notebook PC
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2310 @ 1.46GHz, 1467 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.5A, 3/22/2010
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name New York
Time Zone Central Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 1.99 GB
Available Physical Memory 915 MB
Total Virtual Memory 4.98 GB
Available Virtual Memory 3.52 GB
Page File Space 2.99 GB


My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2012   #23

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

I'm watching this thread trying to get in a little learning time and I noticed that the msinfo are not the same from post #1 and #22. To my way of thinking swapping hard drives back and fourth while centaur 78 is helping to repair this computer makes it almost impossible. I will go back to watching and learning.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


15 Aug 2012   #24

Windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

Ya I know layback beer

what I dont understand is why Lvishere keeps on changing the posts as we progress through the repair... first is was Fujitsu then reverted back seagate.... and both the post 1 and 22 have been edited to look the same....

Well Lvishere

Now that the lag is gone .... has the youtube glitch also gone ??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2012   #25

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by centaur78 View Post
Ya I know layback beer

what I dont understand is why Lvishere keeps on changing the posts as we progress through the repair... first is was Fujitsu then reverted back seagate.... and both the post 1 and 22 have been edited to look the same....

Well Lvishere

Now that the lag is gone .... has the youtube glitch also gone ??

The reason why I did that was so there wouldn't be any confusion... like there is now. I see no need to use that information when that is not my primary HD. I do own up to the fact that I made a mistake by putting that drive's information. However, I thought for sure that it wasn't (and still do) a system problem but a problem with the memory or video card. With this being a general issue on both, I thought it could be diagnosed on either one.

The lag isn't as severe as it was a day or two ago, but my computer still acts up if I watch a video in 1080p on youtube, and I don't remember it ever doing that before. I have yet to run into the lockup, and I hope it doesn't happen again. I will purchase memory in the future because I think that's what it is even though it passed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2012   #26

Windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

Well LVishere

Please do understand we are not magician's here..... What we have to troubleshoot is the details on your post and files you upload....we dont have physical access to your system..... if you do changes like that... we can't solve problems...

Quote:
However, I thought for sure that it wasn't (and still do) a system problem but a problem with the memory or video card. With this being a general issue on both, I thought it could be diagnosed on either one.
If you still feel its the memory or graphics is the problem..... please by all means do

1. Memtest for RAM for at least 8 passes ...and not the Bios version which you used... Do it one stick at a time

2. Stress Test your video card with Furmark

Let us know the results...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2012   #27

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by centaur78 View Post
Well LVishere

Please do understand we are not magician's here..... What we have to troubleshoot is the details on your post and files you upload....we dont have physical access to your system..... if you do changes like that... we can't solve problems...

Quote:
However, I thought for sure that it wasn't (and still do) a system problem but a problem with the memory or video card. With this being a general issue on both, I thought it could be diagnosed on either one.
If you still feel its the memory or graphics is the problem..... please by all means do

1. Memtest for RAM for at least 8 passes ...and not the Bios version which you used... Do it one stick at a time

2. Stress Test your video card with Furmark

Let us know the results...
I can't run the Memtest because my disk drive isn't working.

The Furmake test is not working for some odd reason. I get a Vertex Shader Error.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Aug 2012   #28
Microsoft MVP

 

In addition:

Most tech enthusiasts will not run an HP factory preinstall which has the worst load of crapware and useless utilities in the industry. I would strongly consider to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 following the best practices for getting a perfect reinstall.

Until then you can Clean Up Factory Bloatware. At the minimum I would establish Clean Boot now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Aug 2012   #29

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

I already did that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Aug 2012   #30
Microsoft MVP

 

Which did you do?

Did you Clean Reinstall following the Best Practices in the tutorial, especially re: Drivers?

If so then it's likely a hardware problem. I would write Hiren's Boot Disk to a flash stick so you can use it's bootable memtest and your HD maker's diagnostics Extended scan, stress test your CPU: Hiren's BootCD From USB Flash Drive (Pen Drive) www.hiren.info
Hiren’s BootCD 15.1
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Notebooks runs slow and freezes when I watch youtube.




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Notebooks runs slow and freezes when I watch youtube.
Thread Forum
Can't watch YouTube other video sites ok Browsers & Mail
Computer runs really slow in normal mode, but runs fine in safe mode BSOD Help and Support
YouTube stops responding after Win 7 SP1, can't watch videos Browsers & Mail
System freezes/runs really slow BSOD Help and Support
Watch Youtube Videos on TEXTp Chillout Room
Windows 7 Runs Slow, Freezes, Can't Reboot BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33