Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Sleep Problem

16 Aug 2012   #1

Windows 7 Professional X64
 
 
Sleep Problem

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Hello Craig,

You might see if running the lastwake command right after it wakes up like that to see if it may be able help ID what may be waking the computer.

Hope this helps,
Shawn
Hi Brink,
Hope I am not hijacking thread.
This problem just started.
Followed your link for "last wake."



Attached Images
  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Aug 2012   #2
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

Hello PSCO,

You might see if you may be able to use OPTION TWO in the tutorial below to see it may be able to stop that device from being able to wake the computer.

Devices - Allow or Prevent to Wake Up Computer

Hope this helps,

Shawn
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Aug 2012   #3

Windows 7 Professional X64
 
 
Sleep Problem

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Hello PSCO,

You might see if you may be able to use OPTION TWO in the tutorial below to see it may be able to stop that device from being able to wake the computer.

Devices - Allow or Prevent to Wake Up Computer

Hope this helps,

Shawn
Hi Brink,
Thanks for your quick reply.
I followed your link and it still says "Gigabit Network connection".
I know that is the problem, but I have it unchecked in Device Mgr.
Thanks anyway.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


16 Aug 2012   #4
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

Did that stop this device from waking the computer?

If not, then using OPTION TWO as well may help if the device is still listed in the last wake command and the command from step 2 in OPTION TWO.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Aug 2012   #5

Windows 7 Professional X64
 
 
Sleep Problem

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Did that stop this device from waking the computer?

If not, then using OPTION TWO as well may help if the device is still listed in the last wake command and the command from step 2 in OPTION TWO.
Already tried step 2 in option 2 - have keyboard, mouse and network adapters unable to wake computer.
The " last wake" still says Gigabit adapter, but I have it unable to wake computer.
Strange.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Aug 2012   #6
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

That is strange. You might go ahead and uncheck the two "Respond...." options in your left screenshot above as well to see if that may help. It may be waking the system even though it's not suppose to.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Aug 2012   #7

Windows 7 Professional X64
 
 
Sleep Problem

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
That is strange. You might go ahead and uncheck the two "Respond...." options in your left screenshot above as well to see if that may help. It may be waking the system even though it's not suppose to.
Unchecked both, and tried sleep.
Still woke - ran " last sleep" and again showed "gigabit network adapter."
I hate to take all your time - guess I'll have to live with it.
Thanks.
Paul
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Aug 2012   #8
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

Hmm, ok. Does it still show it using the command below from OPTION TWO?

powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Aug 2012   #9

Windows 7 Professional X64
 
 
Sleep Problem

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Hmm, ok. Does it still show it using the command below from OPTION TWO?

powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
Here's the last pic - ran both of your commands.


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Aug 2012   #10
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

Ok, thank you. Now, see if running the command below in an elevated command prompt may help afterwards. It looks like you had left out the full description as below when you tried the command earlier.

Code:
powercfg -devicedisablewake "Intel<R> 82579V Gigabit Network Connection"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Sleep Problem




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Sleep Problem
Thread Forum
Problem with Sleep? General Discussion
Sleep problem General Discussion
Problem with sleep. General Discussion
Sleep Problem BSOD Help and Support
Sleep Problem General Discussion
Sleep problem General Discussion
Sleep problem; Goes into deeper sleep w/shortcut General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33