Quote: Originally Posted by centaur78
Follow the below steps to remove Claro
1. On the firefox address bar type "about:config"
2. Accept the warning and move forward
3. Search for "Keyword.url"
4. You should probably have claro in the value
5. Change it to "http://google.com/ncr"
6. Also go to Tool > Options under "General" change the Homepage to "Restore to Defaults"
7. Install Malwarebytes and run it
6. Remove you current Antivirus and run MSE ( Microsoft Security Essential)
Let me know how it goes .
Well, thanks for your suggestions but
as I thought I made clear in my posts I have done everything that has been suggested in forums etc., including all of the above. There is no reference to this evil machination anywhere
on my machine but it still comes up when I open Firefox. About
:config "keyword.url" is blank and no matter to what I change it, next time Firefox opens it is blank again. Each time I change the Homepage to "Restore to Defaults" or even put my own homepage in, or whatever, each time I open Firefox Claro search is back again. I even checked the files in the Firefox directory, ran Malwares, Spybot and MSE but to no avail. Maybe the next trick would be to uninstall Firefox and re-install or perhaps take up gardening.