Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: SFC/Scannow shows spsys.sys error

14 Sep 2012   #1
farhaj

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 
SFC/Scannow shows spsys.sys error

I have some problems in my windows. I recently did a sfc/scannow on my laptop and stored the sfcdetails file with it.. The log file showed that the spsys.sys file was corrupted..What does this file exactly does?

how can I repair it or what needs to be done..

Help wanted


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Sep 2012   #2
Night Hawk

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, W10 Preview - Second remote tower Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

That is an actual system file found in the Path: %SYSTEMROOT%:\WINDOWS\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-s..ive-blackbox-driver_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_656773dac187bca2\

The information is found on several sites usually selling some program however as to where it is located. One site pointing the DLLSuite wanting you to download that to replace the file does have a bit on this file to look over however recommending a good security sweep with possible malware infection as the root cause. Fix spsys.sys error for Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64-bit | DLLSuite

Despite that being Enterprise edition named there it is also found in the Ultimate edition by simply running the search for the file once you reach the "C:\Windows\winsxs\ " folder where you will find an endless list of AMD64- items. The search in the text box will run the search automatically to display the results.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Sep 2012   #3
farhaj

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Night Hawk View Post
That is an actual system file found in the Path: %SYSTEMROOT%:\WINDOWS\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-s..ive-blackbox-driver_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_656773dac187bca2\

The information is found on several sites usually selling some program however as to where it is located. One site pointing the DLLSuite wanting you to download that to replace the file does have a bit on this file to look over however recommending a good security sweep with possible malware infection as the root cause. Fix spsys.sys error for Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64-bit | DLLSuite

Despite that being Enterprise edition named there it is also found in the Ultimate edition by simply running the search for the file once you reach the "C:\Windows\winsxs\ " folder where you will find an endless list of AMD64- items. The search in the text box will run the search automatically to display the results.
Thx for the answer.. the problem I am facing in my windows is that I do not see texts on my dialogue boxes .. even in msconfig and system restore and also many other programs also do not show up with texts when opened.. I thus did SFC and found this report which says that spys.sys corrupt files in the LOg..sfcdetails.txt

So, repairing this one can remove the problem...??


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


14 Sep 2012   #4
karlsnooks

MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
 
 

farhaj,
Run SFC /SCANNOW three times.

AFter that, then attach the sfcdetails.txt file to your next post.

Do have any idea what you might have done to precipitate this problem?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Sep 2012   #5
farhaj

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

three times .. OK I will do one right now again...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Sep 2012   #6
farhaj

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

and what should I post all 3 files or what
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Sep 2012   #7
farhaj

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by karlsnooks View Post
farhaj,
Run SFC /SCANNOW three times.

AFter that, then attach the sfcdetails.txt file to your next post.

Do have any idea what you might have done to precipitate this problem?
I was doing Itunes and then uniNstalled it.. It ws not picking my iphone... and then in some thread it was written to change some registry settings which I did and after the restart the BLUE SCREEN WOULD APPEAR And restart again and then I made it run into best possible settings...which is right now..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Sep 2012   #8
karlsnooks

MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
 
 

Well,Well,Well.

Do NOT ever muck around with the registry.

You have just learned the "benefits" of such.

However, that tidbit of info just may give you a solution.

Believe it or not you have system restore points. Microsoft has been looking out for you.

Use this procedure and pick a restore point from BEFORE the problem appeared.

RESTORE TO A PREVIOUS SYSTEM RESTORE POINT
1) WIN | type SYSTEM RESTORE | ENTER | NEXT
| Choose a different restore point radio button | NEXT
2) Show more restore pointscheckbox (lower left)
3) Highlight the desired restore point
4) Scan for affected programs(lower right)make a note of affected programs
5) CLOSE | NEXT | FINISH


WIN = key with the wavy Microsoft flag on top.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Sep 2012   #9
farhaj

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by karlsnooks View Post
Well,Well,Well.

Do NOT ever muck around with the registry.

You have just learned the "benefits" of such.

However, that tidbit of info just may give you a solution.

Believe it or not you have system restore points. Microsoft has been looking out for you.

Use this procedure and pick a restore point from BEFORE the problem appeared.

RESTORE TO A PREVIOUS SYSTEM RESTORE POINT
1) WIN | type SYSTEM RESTORE | ENTER | NEXT
| Choose a different restore point radio button | NEXT
2) Show more restore pointscheckbox (lower left)
3) Highlight the desired restore point
4) Scan for affected programs(lower right)make a note of affected programs
5) CLOSE | NEXT | FINISH


WIN = key with the wavy Microsoft flag on top.
I cannot even do the System restore coz the texts wont show up in the system restore.. and I even tried to run system restore in the Boot before the main windows starts and it came up with the error that it cannot restore file from the original file in the D Drive.. I tried many restore points..

can you see my sfcdetails file and tell me what I can do with the laptop by seeing the error written in it.. I am doing one right now as well.. will post the latest copy..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Sep 2012   #10
farhaj

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Here is my latest report of SFC.. sfcdetails...

But for todays date it did not find out any errors... just check it...sfcdetails.txt


My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 SFC/Scannow shows spsys.sys error




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
1tb hard drive shows unallocated & shows error cyclic redundancy error
Hello, My toshiba extrnl 1tb hard disk changed to raw aftr abrupt power cut whn drive was cnnectd to pc. After sum research tried method of test disk on win 7. I followd the procedure and writed partion. But aftr rebootng nw disk changed to unallocated. I tried initializing disk to mbr but it...
Hardware & Devices
SFC /SCANNOW Error and System Image Error
Hello everyone, Whenever I try to create a System Image, it keeps telling me an error has occurred. It tells me: "Windows Backup encountered an error when accessing the remote shared folder. (0x8078015B) Additional Information: The semaphore timeout period has expired. (0x80070079)" Also,...
General Discussion
Ran sfc /scannow, CBS log shows corrupted files - how to fix?
Hello, Could you please suggest how to fix the errors below in windows 7 home premium 64bit. Have done system restore, but the errors below are persistent, not fixed after running scannow multiple times. I have attached the sfcdetails.txt file as well. Thanks in advance. ...
Performance & Maintenance
SFC SCANNOW Error
Hi. I just finished running a scannow and it says, "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but are unable to fix them." It says that details are in the CBS.log file, so I will post the log file. PLease help me here!
Performance & Maintenance
BSOD Scannow shows unable to correct corrupt files
BSOD error 2057, often with BAD_POOL_CALLER or dxgmm.sys errors. Checked RAM by removing each stick in turn. Reinstalled video drivers. sfc /scannow shows corrupt files unable to repair despite several runs. Zip file shows CBS log Zip files attached Dell Vostro W7 x86 OEM pre installed on 2 yr...
BSOD Help and Support
sfc /scannow error
Ok so here is my problem yet again. I am trying to install adobe Photoshop and am getting an error : exit error 6. I do not know why, as it says my operating system is not supported when it is. One of the fixes is to run sfc /scannow in an elevated command prompt. Now I have came across this...
BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:00.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App