Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How to Change Action Center Settings


21 Sep 2009   #1

Windows 7 Professional
 
 
How to Change Action Center Settings

Hello, I hope you are doing well.

I think the Action Center is not too bad, so I'd rather have it running. However, is there any way I can not have the icon show up in the system tray unless there is a suggested action that I should take?

Thank you,
Vic


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Sep 2009   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Hi Vic,

Right click the taksbar - properties - Notification area- Customize -set to..

Notification Area Icons - Hide or Show System Icons and Notifications

How to Change Action Center Settings-ghh.jpg


My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2009   #3

Windows 7 Professional
 
 

Wow, I didn't know it was that easy. I have used that the Notification Area Icons menu a few times but didn't even think to look there for the Action Center for some reason.

Thank you very much! How do I go about marking this thread as "solved?"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


21 Sep 2009   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

No problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Sep 2009   #5

Windows 7 Professional
 
 

Umm I'm sorry for bringing this back up, but customizing the notification area doesn't fully do the trick. I wanted to not have the icon appear at all (with the fix provided above, the icon is in the "Show hidden icon" area) unless there a new issue is detected.

Is that possible? Thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Sep 2009   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

I did this the other day, don't know if it's what you're looking for.

How to reset notification area icons in Windows 7 | eHow.com
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Sep 2009   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by VicVicVic View Post
Umm I'm sorry for bringing this back up, but customizing the notification area doesn't fully do the trick. I wanted to not have the icon appear at all (with the fix provided above, the icon is in the "Show hidden icon" area) unless there a new issue is detected.

Is that possible? Thanks.
Open the same thing, and where it says "Turn System Icons On or Off" near the bottom left, go into that and change the Action Center icon to Off. It will never show the icon though, so if you get a notice, it won't show that icon. It's either or, take your pick.



Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sphericalpuma View Post
I did this the other day, don't know if it's what you're looking for.

How to reset notification area icons in Windows 7 | eHow.com
That only gets rid of old icons that were placed in the system tray by programs you may have uninstalled and the icons are left in the Notification Area window. It won't stop the action center icon from showing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Sep 2009   #8

Windows 7 Professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Airbot View Post
Open the same thing, and where it says "Turn System Icons On or Off" near the bottom left, go into that and change the Action Center icon to Off. It will never show the icon though, so if you get a notice, it won't show that icon. It's either or, take your pick.
I guess I will have to take my pick. I wish there was an in-between option. Thanks for replying.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How to Change Action Center Settings




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: How to Change Action Center Settings
Thread Forum
problem in Network and Sharing Center, Change adapter Settings Network & Sharing
Solved How do i Enable Action Center/Settings ?! (Complicated) General Discussion
Action Center - Change Message Settings Tutorials
Action Center does not retain settings change. General Discussion
Action Center Settings System Security
Action Center Settings Performance & Maintenance
Action Center General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33